“Convenient for our vacation. Close to the Fort Vancouver National Historic Site”

Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Wyoming, Michigan
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights because the location was convenient. We were on vacation and enjoyed our stay. The hotel was quiet and beds were comfortable. It was clean, though paint was peeling over the shower. We enjoyed the free breakfast which included waffles, eggs and sausage or bacon. Though there was no peanut butter or orange juice and the fruit wasn’t the freshest. We visited friends at 2 other local hotels during our stay and found them both much nicer, but I think that this was still a good value.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Hello ereidsma,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your vacatiion to post a review about our Hotel. I am happy to see your stay was pleasant! I will make sure to look into these minor details and see what I can do about getting some Peanut Butter. That is something I have not thought of and I appreciate mentioning it.

Thank you again for choosing the Comfort Inn and suites for your vacation destination and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Downtown Vancouver, wA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 17 November 2012

If you're looking for price value this is the best value hotel on our trip. The only negatives are, real tight in space, there only 2 of us (we're not big) and we have to coordinate when we want to move around. if the desk chair is pulled out or used, half of the room is blocked. It has flat screen TV, with analog signal, and no sharp image on any channels and 8 channels are not watchable (too fuzzy.) Other than that, good and friendly staff, decent neighborhood, Black Angus adjacent (NO discount for guests.) Typical Breakfast, comfortable bed and quiet.

Room Tip: Interior corridor with elevator, so the highest floor will be the quietest. In this hotel it will b...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Hello Marian T,

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn and Suites and for leaving us a review! I have taken your notes and looked into the situation about the TV's. I apologize that this issue happened during your stay and I wanted to let you know that these issues have been resolved.

Also, it looks like you were staying in one of our rooms with 2 doubles. Space can be tight in these rooms as well as being the least expensive. I wanted to let you know that we do offer upgraded rooms with 2 queens or even King Suites that are a lot bigger of a room and more spacious. These are just a minimal amount more, as in $5-10, depending on the day and availablility.

Again, Thank you for staying with us and for this review and hopefully we can get you into a little bit of a nicer room next time we see you!

Puget Sound, WA
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stay frequently at Comfort Inn & Suites. This one had pluses and minuses. Everything was clean and neat and it is located in a good neighborhood close to downtown and the freeway.
When we arrived, I could hear the shower running upstairs or next door that concerned me, but I never heard it again. Actually it was very quiet, no outside noise and no noise from the hall. The refrig was large for a hotel room and conveniently placed out of the way. Our room had 2 queen beds so it was a little crowded. I don't know about a king room. The bed was a little hard, but I still had a good night's sleep. The breakfast was nothing fancy, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles and the rest of the norm. We ended up taking the last 2 forks and there were no spoons or knives. I don't know what the other people used because they didn't refill for quite some time. There was no regular waffle batter, only blue berry, so I think the attendant was either lax, or needed help.
There is a steak/seafood restaurant next door and a mexican rest. 2 blocks away.
Over all, if you are looking for a budget hotel. This is it, we will return.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 65stang
Hello 65stang,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate both types of comments here, telling what we did great at and where we need to improve. I can assure you, the items about breakfast have been resolved and we shouldn't see any issues like that again.

Thank you again for your comment and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Harrison, Michigan
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This property was pretty average for a Choice Hotel. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. However, there was WAY to much furniture in a smaller size room. We were tripping over each other as well as the furniture. The woman at the desk was pleasant and the breakfast was good. Probably would choose elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front. View out the back wasn't too good.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Hello loonqueen,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to see that your stay was great other than the size of the room. It sounds like you reserved one of our standard and least expensive rooms with 2 double beds. I wanted to let you know that we do offer rooms that are a lot bigger and more spacious with 2 queens if you needed 2 beds. We also offer rooms with 1 king bed that have quite a bit more room in them. These rooms are usually only $5-10 dollars more per night. If you are ever in our area again, I would like to present these options to you personally and hopefully get you into a better room for your needs. You can contact me at 360-696-0411 if you are ever in our area again and I would be more than happy to assist you with this!

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I called ahead to get directions, and was helped very efficiently. The room was nice, and the King bed was excellent! The Customer service was excellent. Heather at the front desk was incredibly efficient, friendly and helpful. She even printed out turn-by-turn directions to the Chinese Garden in Portland. The morning I was there, the waffle maker was out of commission, but the plentiful eggs made up for that!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Hello Ken S,

Thank you for your kind review! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and I wanted you to know that we got that waffle maker replaced and I am sorry that it was down for your visit. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to call us. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Vancouver
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed here this past weekend for one night in Room 304. So many things were great about the stay, I wish I could leave a good review. But in the end, I am only looking for 2 things in a hotel room- clean beds and a working shower.

The good: clean, reasonably sized room (2 Queen beds), comfortable beds, fridge, microwave, & TV. The included breakfast was quite good with eggs & bacon, a wafflemaker, yogurt, & breads. Excellent trouble free wi-fi in the room.

But- the shower was unusable. Once I had adjusted the temperature on the faucet part, I turned on the shower and everything was fine for about a minute. Then it started fluctuating wildly between scalding hot and ice cold. Not just lukewarm like a hot water heater running out, but actually ice cold. Then back to warm or scalding. I tried turning off the shower head to re-adjust the temp, but the temp was always fine until the shower was activated. It was truly miserable trying to get rinsed off enough to finish. I had read one review here mentioning problems with the shower, but dismissed it as a one-off. This is troubling since it suggests an ongoing problem not properly dealt with.

I always try to have reasonable expectations. I don't expect 4 star amenities if I'm not paying 4 star prices, and am usually generous if I think a property provides good value for the price. I don't consider most inconveniences 'deal breakers'.

But as much as I liked other aspects of our stay here, I simply can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Hello bcBEZ,

Thank you for your review! I can understand that sometimes, even as great as everything was, there can be that one issue that can ruin the experience sometimes. That is why we always do our very best to make sure everything is in great working order and ready for every guest. I apologize sincerely about the shower issue and I can assure you we are looking into this and will have it resolved immediately.

I would love to talk more about this issue with you and find which room the problem area was. If you would like to, you can reach me at 360-696-0411 or email me at vancouverhotel@mkmhotels.com.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we can serve you again in the future!

Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed a night in this place. I have to say I was shocked at the service we received. We walked in and we were quoted a price. We checked in. Went up to the room, I checked online to make sure we were getting a good rate. The price on a website was $15 cheaper than what I was charged. I called reception and explained this to the attendant. She said there was nothing she could do because she was not authorize to give discounts and she had to charge what her computer showed (don't know if I believe this but.. ok). I asked her if I had any choice and she told me I could buy the ticket online, she could "check me out" in her computer and then check me back in using the online reservation number. So, I did what she told me and she was able to keep up in the same room. She was very nice about this whole thing. She was helpful and cool about it.
The rooms were spacious, clean and the breakfast was better than we expected. We usually hate eating the continental breakfast which usually consists of cold milk, cereal and stale bagels but this one had a decent selection. It had hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cream cheese, fruit, waffles (which you make yourself) fresh coffee, cereals, eggs, bacon and various sweet type breads. The area is very quiet and there was a Mexican restaurant within walking distance. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Good Morning Susana R!

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am glad to see you were well accommodated after bringing up the price difference to us. Also, we have been slowly trying to work out all the kinks in our breakfast area after all of our upgrades and I am glad to see that guests are enjoying breakfast a lot more now.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to serving you again!