“Nice value”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Nice value hotel with in room large refrigerator and microwave. Good breakfast included with the room price, scramble eggs, bacon, etc. Convenient to freeway with close proximity to Vancouver convention center, Jantzen Beach, Portland. Also many good resturants within walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Hello Foxtails,

I apologize for the lateness of my reply, but I wanted to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for the kind words. I am very pleased to see that you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 February 2013

The breakfast was just okay but they didn't have many choices. Plus the so called business center was only one computer that was extremely hard to get access to but the front desk person was extremely helpful in sorting that issue out.The rooms were also really great.

Room Tip: The suites have a unique shape but are very nice
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Hello Joshua R ,

Thanks you for taking the time to write a Review about your stay. I'm not 100% sure this is for this hotel, but I wanted to make sure to respond to you at least. Our Business center is a Multi Computer station which is very easy to access right up the ramp from the front lobby. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in all other aspects though.

Again thank you for the review and I hope we see you in the future!

Downtown Vancouver, WA

Reviewed 1 December 2012

No problems at all, Just quiet and clean. It's real easy for on / off freeway access. Very close to Portland Oregon, shopping, convention center, race tracks ect. Lots of local shopping and restaurants in Washington and Oregon.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Good Afternoon B J!

Sorry for the late response, but I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave these kind words. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the review again. We look forward to seeing you again if you are ever in the area!

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 23 November 2012

The Vancouver Washington property in question has been host to me three times in the last few months because of value. It was not so when the property had previous affiliation. This Comfort Inn is exceptionally clean, the staff gets an A on being attentive and friendly, and it is accommodating to travelers needs, especially we business types who can be and are very picky. I am pleased to endorse the Comfort Inn for value: quality/price.
Tommy Mack

Room Tip: Single executive kings have room, sofa and coffee table, nice desks with chairs, high speed wireless...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Good Morning TommyMack.

I appreciate the kind words and taking the time to write this review! I am very happy to see my staff took very good care of you and that you had a pleasant stay! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 21 November 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights because the location was convenient. We were on vacation and enjoyed our stay. The hotel was quiet and beds were comfortable. It was clean, though paint was peeling over the shower. We enjoyed the free breakfast which included waffles, eggs and sausage or bacon. Though there was no peanut butter or orange juice and the fruit wasn’t the freshest. We visited friends at 2 other local hotels during our stay and found them both much nicer, but I think that this was still a good value.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello ereidsma,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your vacatiion to post a review about our Hotel. I am happy to see your stay was pleasant! I will make sure to look into these minor details and see what I can do about getting some Peanut Butter. That is something I have not thought of and I appreciate mentioning it.

Thank you again for choosing the Comfort Inn and suites for your vacation destination and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Downtown Vancouver, wA

Reviewed 17 November 2012

If you're looking for price value this is the best value hotel on our trip. The only negatives are, real tight in space, there only 2 of us (we're not big) and we have to coordinate when we want to move around. if the desk chair is pulled out or used, half of the room is blocked. It has flat screen TV, with analog signal, and no sharp image on any channels and 8 channels are not watchable (too fuzzy.) Other than that, good and friendly staff, decent neighborhood, Black Angus adjacent (NO discount for guests.) Typical Breakfast, comfortable bed and quiet.

Room Tip: Interior corridor with elevator, so the highest floor will be the quietest. In this hotel it will b...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Hello Marian T,

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn and Suites and for leaving us a review! I have taken your notes and looked into the situation about the TV's. I apologize that this issue happened during your stay and I wanted to let you know that these issues have been resolved.

Also, it looks like you were staying in one of our rooms with 2 doubles. Space can be tight in these rooms as well as being the least expensive. I wanted to let you know that we do offer upgraded rooms with 2 queens or even King Suites that are a lot bigger of a room and more spacious. These are just a minimal amount more, as in $5-10, depending on the day and availablility.

Again, Thank you for staying with us and for this review and hopefully we can get you into a little bit of a nicer room next time we see you!

Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stay frequently at Comfort Inn & Suites. This one had pluses and minuses. Everything was clean and neat and it is located in a good neighborhood close to downtown and the freeway.
When we arrived, I could hear the shower running upstairs or next door that concerned me, but I never heard it again. Actually it was very quiet, no outside noise and no noise from the hall. The refrig was large for a hotel room and conveniently placed out of the way. Our room had 2 queen beds so it was a little crowded. I don't know about a king room. The bed was a little hard, but I still had a good night's sleep. The breakfast was nothing fancy, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles and the rest of the norm. We ended up taking the last 2 forks and there were no spoons or knives. I don't know what the other people used because they didn't refill for quite some time. There was no regular waffle batter, only blue berry, so I think the attendant was either lax, or needed help.
There is a steak/seafood restaurant next door and a mexican rest. 2 blocks away.
Over all, if you are looking for a budget hotel. This is it, we will return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 65stang

Hello 65stang,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate both types of comments here, telling what we did great at and where we need to improve. I can assure you, the items about breakfast have been resolved and we shouldn't see any issues like that again.

Thank you again for your comment and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!