“Warning for others sensitive to scented products”

Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Renton, Washington
“Warning for others sensitive to scented products”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is my first review of a hotel, because its the first time I've felt my opinion would help others. The hotel was fine in all other respects but the scented air fresheners or cleaning products used at this hotel are over the top smelly. Walking through the hall to my room made my throat start to close up. The odor in the room itself was not as strong but two days later, I clearly have a sinus infection started from the irritation of the scented product they used.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LBM_715
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Hello LBM_715,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I did some research into the issue with the air freshner in our hallways. It looks like we had our airfreshners refilled the week of the 10th. That would be the cause for the over whelming scent from the newly replenished air freshenr dispensers. I did call our vendor and see what we could do to make sure it is not so overwhelming for next time. We have since then toned it down to not be such an overwhleming scent when refilled..

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to talk further about this matter, you may always reach me by phone, 360-696-0411 or be email, vancouverhotel@mkmhotels.com.

Joe Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Graham, Washington
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Nice value hotel with in room large refrigerator and microwave. Good breakfast included with the room price, scramble eggs, bacon, etc. Convenient to freeway with close proximity to Vancouver convention center, Jantzen Beach, Portland. Also many good resturants within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Hello Foxtails,

I apologize for the lateness of my reply, but I wanted to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for the kind words. I am very pleased to see that you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Best Regards,

Liberty Lake, Washington, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2013

The breakfast was just okay but they didn't have many choices. Plus the so called business center was only one computer that was extremely hard to get access to but the front desk person was extremely helpful in sorting that issue out.The rooms were also really great.

Room Tip: The suites have a unique shape but are very nice
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Hello Joshua R ,

Thanks you for taking the time to write a Review about your stay. I'm not 100% sure this is for this hotel, but I wanted to make sure to respond to you at least. Our Business center is a Multi Computer station which is very easy to access right up the ramp from the front lobby. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in all other aspects though.

Again thank you for the review and I hope we see you in the future!

Downtown Vancouver, WA
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 1 December 2012

No problems at all, Just quiet and clean. It's real easy for on / off freeway access. Very close to Portland Oregon, shopping, convention center, race tracks ect. Lots of local shopping and restaurants in Washington and Oregon.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Good Afternoon B J!

Sorry for the late response, but I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave these kind words. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the review again. We look forward to seeing you again if you are ever in the area!

Happy Holidays!

Depoe Bay, Oregon
Reviewed 23 November 2012

The Vancouver Washington property in question has been host to me three times in the last few months because of value. It was not so when the property had previous affiliation. This Comfort Inn is exceptionally clean, the staff gets an A on being attentive and friendly, and it is accommodating to travelers needs, especially we business types who can be and are very picky. I am pleased to endorse the Comfort Inn for value: quality/price.
Tommy Mack

Room Tip: Single executive kings have room, sofa and coffee table, nice desks with chairs, high speed wireless...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Good Morning TommyMack.

I appreciate the kind words and taking the time to write this review! I am very happy to see my staff took very good care of you and that you had a pleasant stay! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Wyoming, Michigan
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights because the location was convenient. We were on vacation and enjoyed our stay. The hotel was quiet and beds were comfortable. It was clean, though paint was peeling over the shower. We enjoyed the free breakfast which included waffles, eggs and sausage or bacon. Though there was no peanut butter or orange juice and the fruit wasn’t the freshest. We visited friends at 2 other local hotels during our stay and found them both much nicer, but I think that this was still a good value.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello ereidsma,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your vacatiion to post a review about our Hotel. I am happy to see your stay was pleasant! I will make sure to look into these minor details and see what I can do about getting some Peanut Butter. That is something I have not thought of and I appreciate mentioning it.

Thank you again for choosing the Comfort Inn and suites for your vacation destination and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Downtown Vancouver, wA
San Jose, California
Reviewed 17 November 2012

If you're looking for price value this is the best value hotel on our trip. The only negatives are, real tight in space, there only 2 of us (we're not big) and we have to coordinate when we want to move around. if the desk chair is pulled out or used, half of the room is blocked. It has flat screen TV, with analog signal, and no sharp image on any channels and 8 channels are not watchable (too fuzzy.) Other than that, good and friendly staff, decent neighborhood, Black Angus adjacent (NO discount for guests.) Typical Breakfast, comfortable bed and quiet.

Room Tip: Interior corridor with elevator, so the highest floor will be the quietest. In this hotel it will b...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Hello Marian T,

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn and Suites and for leaving us a review! I have taken your notes and looked into the situation about the TV's. I apologize that this issue happened during your stay and I wanted to let you know that these issues have been resolved.

Also, it looks like you were staying in one of our rooms with 2 doubles. Space can be tight in these rooms as well as being the least expensive. I wanted to let you know that we do offer upgraded rooms with 2 queens or even King Suites that are a lot bigger of a room and more spacious. These are just a minimal amount more, as in $5-10, depending on the day and availablility.

Again, Thank you for staying with us and for this review and hopefully we can get you into a little bit of a nicer room next time we see you!