“Great location, wonderful stay...”

Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Cottage Grove, Oregon
“Great location, wonderful stay...”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We were in Vancouver for a trade show. We had a comfortable room with fridge and microwave. Because we came in by train, the hotel's shuttle helped us get back and forth to the convention. The breakfast buffet was ample and the staff very considerate.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Hello BookTraveler101,

I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and I thank you for your review here. If you are ever in the area again, be sure to contact us!

Comfort Inn and Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Grandview, Washington
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This was our first time staying at this property. We stayed for one night to attend a meeting at a nearby location.

The property is clean. The rooms are quiet. We stayed in a King room, but it was tight. The only chair was the one at the desk. When you pulled it out from the desk, you had no rom to walk around the end of the bed, such as to get to the refrigerator and microwave.

The bed was comfortable. A/C and heating was good. The bathroom is larger than most, but the towels are small. There is ABUNDANT hot water.

We did not have an ironing board in the room as advertised. When we called the front desk, she said she didn't think they had ironing boards (as advertised) but she would call the manager and get back to us. She didn't. I made sure to me ntion it when I checked out because I didn't want to get charged for making off with an item from the room. The manager apologized profusely, stating that they do, in fact, have ironing boards and was sorry we didn't get one.

Nice luggage carts are provided, however the curbing does not have a cut-out to allow you to roll it out to the parking area. You have to walk half the length of the building to use the handicap ramp (which is not covered against rain. My tip: unload your car at the front door rather than the parking lot.

The breakfast room is nice and well stocked. You also have to use your key to access the room, which is a GREAT touch. I have been in too many hotels where it is apparent non-guests are walking in to use the breakfast area. I'd suggest this arrangement to all hotels.

There is a Black Angus restaurant next to the hotel, so a nice chaoice for dinner.

I wish the rooms were a bit larger for more than one night of stay, but we will use the property again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank I82X73
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Hello I82X73,

I appreciate this review very much and thank you for choosing our hotel. Comments like these are fantastic as they show us both what we are doing great and where we should improve. I remember your stay and remember the issue about the Ironing board. The guest service agent that was on duty was one of our newest employees and, as this does not excuse us not being able to get you an ironing board or for not having one in the room, I just wanted to let you know that the issue has been addressed.

I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future. If so, I would suggest one of our King Suites as they are only about $5-$10 more, but have a great deal more space with a couch and coffee table in the sitting area.

Thanks again for this review and I look forward to serving you again!

The NW
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I was going to title this "You get what you pay for." but then I stayed in another hotel for the same price, that was much nicer, in the same general area.

-The entire building is tired looking. It does look like some remodeling has taken place, but slapping new wallpaper and paint on and old skeleton doesn't make for a nice hotel.

-Bathroom doors didn't close tightly so the garbage can had to be used to prop the door closed because it wouldn't stay closed without it.

-Door to the hallway had a huge gap underneath it. Large enough for lots of hallway light to flood in.

-The breakfast room was tiny and the staff had a hard time keeping things stocked.

-There appeared to be a guy sleeping in his car, in the parking lot.

-The location is good if you want to explore downtown, on foot, but after a drive around the area, I am not sure that's advisable.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Hello NWTravelingFam,

I thank you for your review of our hotel, however I am a little taken aback as we just completed a complete our full remodel just 3 years ago with new flooring, furniture, tiles and much more. I would almost want to confirm that the correct property was reviewed here.

However, I am going to take these points and make sure that these are not happening at my property and you have my sincerest apologies.

Thank you again for your review and bringing these matters to my attention. I guarantee I will make sure these are addressed!

Joe Johnson

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Tri-Cities, WA
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My husband & I have been staying at this place for 4 years at least 2 times a year, it's a little on the old side & could use some up grades but it's in a great location for what we are in the area for, has many good resturants with in walking distance plus convenience to the freeway. Our check in was fab the young lady (Jullian) was very helpful got us everything we asked for with ease. Was just there 4/3 thru 4/6/13 this was the first time that our room wasn't cleaned one of the days and when they came to clean didn't get clean glassed or cups they was rinsed out but not clean & just put plastic back on them. This was the only time this has happened. Other than that we've been happy with all our stays.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello FayL189,

It was a pleasure having you again and I thank you for your review! I want you to know that I take comments like these very seriously when it comes to the cleanliness of my rooms. I want you to know that I will be looking into this and making it a priority to make sure this does not happen again. You have my sincerest apologies.

I am glad to hear the rest of your stay was great and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Renton, Washington
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is my first review of a hotel, because its the first time I've felt my opinion would help others. The hotel was fine in all other respects but the scented air fresheners or cleaning products used at this hotel are over the top smelly. Walking through the hall to my room made my throat start to close up. The odor in the room itself was not as strong but two days later, I clearly have a sinus infection started from the irritation of the scented product they used.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LBM_715
Hello LBM_715,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I did some research into the issue with the air freshner in our hallways. It looks like we had our airfreshners refilled the week of the 10th. That would be the cause for the over whelming scent from the newly replenished air freshenr dispensers. I did call our vendor and see what we could do to make sure it is not so overwhelming for next time. We have since then toned it down to not be such an overwhleming scent when refilled..

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to talk further about this matter, you may always reach me by phone, 360-696-0411 or be email, vancouverhotel@mkmhotels.com.

Graham, Washington
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Nice value hotel with in room large refrigerator and microwave. Good breakfast included with the room price, scramble eggs, bacon, etc. Convenient to freeway with close proximity to Vancouver convention center, Jantzen Beach, Portland. Also many good resturants within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Hello Foxtails,

I apologize for the lateness of my reply, but I wanted to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for the kind words. I am very pleased to see that you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Best Regards,

Liberty Lake, Washington, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2013

The breakfast was just okay but they didn't have many choices. Plus the so called business center was only one computer that was extremely hard to get access to but the front desk person was extremely helpful in sorting that issue out.The rooms were also really great.

Room Tip: The suites have a unique shape but are very nice