“A good hotel in a convenient and quiet area.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights with the family on our way back home from the Oregon Coast. We decided to stay in Vancouver, Washington instead of downtown Portland because it was cheaper but it's still quite close to Portland and tax free shopping.

The hotel is conveniently located right off the I5 and it is so easy to get going north or south on the I5 from the hotel.

Pulled up to a business type area because it's quite quiet after work hours. But, the area does have quite a few restaurants within walking distance including a Black Angus across the parking lot.

Check in was fast and friendly. We had two rooms because we were 2 adults and 3 bigger kids. Both rooms had two doubles. The washroom had quite a bit of room but the rest of the room was a bit tight with two doubles in it. The rooms are a bit dated and the style and colour choices were a bit dark for me. It was a hot time of year and the room needed to be cold in order to remove the humidity so the AC was on quite a bit. It's not a quiet unit so I hope you have ear plugs like we did.

The room did have a microwave and a small fridge which was useful to us. Bedding was good with a soft and firm pillow choice on the bed. I thought it was a bit odd that the comforter was bare without a cover on it.

WiFi was free and good in our room but the room across the hall had issues with speed. Not sure where the access points were that would cause that. The hotel has a small outdoor unheated pool which is good when it was hot during the day. A bit harder to take when the sun starts to set. There was also a sauna but there was a problem with it when we were there. A friend who was traveling with us hit the button the outside to start up the steam and was shocked. He was quite startled and felt it for the rest of the night but he recovered from it. We told the front staff and they closed it down and I assume they called maintenance. Thank goodness he was not someone who was older with a pacemaker.

The area is quiet as I mentioned above. There was a good sports bar a couple blocks away they we went to called Main Event Sports Grill. Good place to eat something casual and kids are okay until 9pm. We also went to the Black Angus across the parking lot as it could accommodate our bigger group. I know people will have varying opinions on the Black Angus but it was good for our needs. It is by no means a top end steak house like Morton's so don't expect it to be.

The free breakfast in the morning is not bad but the room it's in is quite small. The first day it wasn't bad but the second day there was a youth baseball team in the hotel and it was quite hard to find a seat.

Overall it was a good hotel in a good location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MKMGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2014

Hello Warmhappyfeet,

I appreciate the detailed review here very much. I'm a bit late in responding and these items have all been updated, i.e. sauna room & pool heater. Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention though, and thank you for the great description of our hotel and area!

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Sincerely

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Not a bad place to stay if you're planning on playing in nearby Portland. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly, free coffee and breakfast. Not much within walking distance and not the quietest hotel but not bad for the money when Portland hotels were going for 3 times the price

• Stayed: July 2014

Hello Slat 235,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy we could accommodate you and save you some money from the Downtown Properties! If you are ever in the area again, please look us up again! We hope to see you next time!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

You can't ask for a better location, walking distance to downtown and uptown. The room was wonderful, the bed was fanastic, can't say enough about it, the service was consistently thorough and friendly, the front desk people were always so helpful. The breakfasts well managed, good for varied tastes... Eggs, bacon, fruit, yogurts, cereals, waffles, breads and muffins. We stayed a week and loved our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Well hello there Kenneth!

Thank you for the great review! I am always pleased to hear how great of a stay my guests have! we look forward to serving you if you are ever in the area again.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We needed a place to land while we attended all day meetings. Was there a comfortable bed? Was there a clean bathroom? Did the door lock and the drapes keep the light out? Was there wifi so I could check my email? Was it close to I-5 so that I could come and go easily? Yes on all those counts.

Would I want to hang out at this hotel all day and relax? Not so much. If the hotel were a relative, she'd be like a aging matron. Kindly, but outdated and a bit shabby. Not able to stay out past 8PM because she needs to feed her cat and watch the evening news before turning in for the night.

Room Tip: give the room the sniff test... my travel partners were put in a room that smelled of damp.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Eden AM,

Thank you for the very detailed review. This is a very late reply, but we wanted to reach out regardless and apologize for portraying the image of an Old Matron Relative with a ton of cats. I wanted to let you know that, even though this is a belated response, that we have updated a few items to hopefully shake that feeling. All bedding and carpet have been redone and upgraded our breakfast as well. We hope you see this response and come back for a second look if you are ever in the area. We'll be sure to hide the cats this time! :)

MKM General MAnager

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here for a week in July and found this hotel to be excellent value for my money. It's clean and the breakfast is superior to a lot of other continental breakfasts. I also love that parking is free!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kelly B
MKMGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Hello Kelly B,

I appreciate the great review here. I do hope we can see you again soon!

MKM Manager

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This place is a shambles.WiFi not working properly although the room was average for a bed only .Amenities were not too good for the price.You pay for what you get I know.But really !!!Breakfast was not desirable at all and lokked as though it was left overs from the morning before and been re heated.Shabbily dressed staff and no personalities .I would have had a better chance being a Horse in a stable.Dont waste your money by staying here.

Room Tip: Pass on this Hotel!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello Nick J,

I want to thank you for your review and for letting us know about these issues. As you have given nothing but great reviews everywhere else and since every comment on this page is a great and positive one, there is obviously something that we missed here with you and your stay. I sincerely apologize for any issues you have faced. I can assure you, however, we are not serving reheated left overs. And as for the staff comment, this comes to a huge surprise to me as well as we have nothing but great comments about each of my Agents.

With this being said I would very much like to hear about what exactly happened to make you feel this way and what I can do to make things better for you. If you wish to discuss, please contact me directly at the hotel or by email, vancouverhotel@mkmhotels.com.

I do hope to hear from you soon and thank you again for bringing this matter to my attention.

MKM Manager

Reviewed 27 February 2014

The Comfort Inn&Suites in Vancouver,WA is a very clean,and friendly hotel. They have a continental breakfast in the mornings where the food is really good. I have stayed there 3 times and have had no problems. I am very pleased with them. So if your in town I recomend you stay there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeanette B
MKMGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Hello Jeanette B,

Thank you so much for the review. I am very pleased to see that you enjoy your visits with us. I do hope we can serve you again in the near future!

MKM Management