Stayed here for a couple of nights with the family on our way back home from the Oregon Coast. We decided to stay in Vancouver, Washington instead of downtown Portland because it was cheaper but it's still quite close to Portland and tax free shopping.
The hotel is conveniently located right off the I5 and it is so easy to get going north or south on the I5 from the hotel.
Pulled up to a business type area because it's quite quiet after work hours. But, the area does have quite a few restaurants within walking distance including a Black Angus across the parking lot.
Check in was fast and friendly. We had two rooms because we were 2 adults and 3 bigger kids. Both rooms had two doubles. The washroom had quite a bit of room but the rest of the room was a bit tight with two doubles in it. The rooms are a bit dated and the style and colour choices were a bit dark for me. It was a hot time of year and the room needed to be cold in order to remove the humidity so the AC was on quite a bit. It's not a quiet unit so I hope you have ear plugs like we did.
The room did have a microwave and a small fridge which was useful to us. Bedding was good with a soft and firm pillow choice on the bed. I thought it was a bit odd that the comforter was bare without a cover on it.
WiFi was free and good in our room but the room across the hall had issues with speed. Not sure where the access points were that would cause that. The hotel has a small outdoor unheated pool which is good when it was hot during the day. A bit harder to take when the sun starts to set. There was also a sauna but there was a problem with it when we were there. A friend who was traveling with us hit the button the outside to start up the steam and was shocked. He was quite startled and felt it for the rest of the night but he recovered from it. We told the front staff and they closed it down and I assume they called maintenance. Thank goodness he was not someone who was older with a pacemaker.
The area is quiet as I mentioned above. There was a good sports bar a couple blocks away they we went to called Main Event Sports Grill. Good place to eat something casual and kids are okay until 9pm. We also went to the Black Angus across the parking lot as it could accommodate our bigger group. I know people will have varying opinions on the Black Angus but it was good for our needs. It is by no means a top end steak house like Morton's so don't expect it to be.
The free breakfast in the morning is not bad but the room it's in is quite small. The first day it wasn't bad but the second day there was a youth baseball team in the hotel and it was quite hard to find a seat.
Overall it was a good hotel in a good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Just three miles away from the Portland Expo Center is our Comfort Inn & Suites hotel in Vancouver, Washington. Whether you’re attending a business function at the Oregon Convention Center, taking in an event at the Expo Center, exploring the many beautiful outdoor recreation areas nearby, or visiting an exciting local point of interest, Comfort Inn and Suites in Vancouver will put you in the center of it all. Our pet-friendly all-suites hotel in Vancouver is conveniently located near a variety of popular attractions, making it easy for you to discover this Washington city. Nearby points of interest include:Portland International Airport,Oregon Convention Center,Rose Garden Arena,OHSU Hospital,Portland Rose Garden We make it easy to get around town with a free weekday shuttle, and the complimentary hot breakfast buffet will get your day off to a great start. You can work out in the fitness center, relax by the pool, or use our business center and free Wi-Fi to finish up your project or presentation. We also have a meeting room, as well as laundry services for your convenience. Whether you’re traveling for leisure or business, alone or with your kids, our Comfort Inn & Suites hotel offers accommodations for every type of travel. Vancouver, WA hotels like ours are proud to offer hotel rooms to relax and unwind no matter what reason you travel. Book Now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites Vancouver
- Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Comfort Inn Vancouver
- Shilo Inn Vancouver
- Vancouver Shilo Inn