“Delish!”

Cuisines: Hawaiian, Polynesian
Good for: Child-friendly
“Delish!”
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Love the food! Wonderful every time my boyfriend and I go. It's even more awesome since its so close to our home. I recommend the pulled pork or the beachcomber burger with the egg on it- yummmmmmy!

“Fantastic”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

From the service to the drinks to the all important food, everything was wonderful!
Our server was sweet, friendly and attentive. She had great recommendations and was very helpful in helping us to decide on our dinner choices.
We started with Mai Tais...oh my goodness they were fun and fabulous! They light the sugar on fire and it's so fun!

Then we had the lumpia. I am used to fillipino lumpia so this was different but wonderful! Great flavor and texture!

Both our dinners ere great. My fave was the chicken and the mac salad!

Hula boy is a must go! You won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“Vancouver tastes of Hawaii”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

It has been several years since I spent some time on the Islands. Among the things I miss, is the food. Not the knock off versions of the Hawaiian kine grinds (Hawaiian kind of food) but, the more authentic, home cooked goodness that only comes from the pacific Islands of Hawaii. There are several good Hawaiian restaurants in the Vancouver/Portland area, but it is HULA BOY CHARBROIL that takes first place, and is worth mentioning. From the seared Ahi tuna with wassabi to the Kalua pulled pork and home made Haupia dessert, every dish is rich in flavor & clean on the palate! I have never been disappointed with the food, the service, the very reasonable prices or the ample portion size for that matter. I have visited HULA BOY CHARBROIL several times, and plan on many more visits, as it is always a treat.

• Visited July 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“Owner goes off on customer”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Went into have Mahi Mahi and the fish was so fishy you couldn't even stand to put it past your nose. Owner says that this is the only kind of Mahi Mahi we serve, nothing like in Hawaii which tasted great. When explaining to owner how it smelled and tasted, he said why are you eating my food get out of here. That is what you call pleasing your customers. Obviously he doesn't care about customer service. Last time that we will be in this place. Didn't even ask if he could get you something else, instead he said that this is what you order, at which time I said that I wasn't going to eat it and he said that was my choice. I said that I wasn't ever coming back here after the way he treated us, he said that he didn't want us to come back. His wish is our command, we will never be back.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank sputnik1114
“2 thumbs up”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Recommend, I have been here to eat at least 10 times whether dine in or carry out. The food has been great either way. It can get busy at lunch time. I recommend the combo plate with beef, chicken and coconut shrimp.