“Great Food!”

Ranked #330 of 731 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Love the authentic Hawaiian food... it reminded me of my trip to Maui. Great Chicken, great cabbage slaw, & great sauces. I recommend it to everyone who's looking for some great Hawaiian food restaurants in Vancouver WA.

2  Thank MarkDWA

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Love the food! Wonderful every time my boyfriend and I go. It's even more awesome since its so close to our home. I recommend the pulled pork or the beachcomber burger with the egg on it- yummmmmmy!

Reviewed 3 September 2012

From the service to the drinks to the all important food, everything was wonderful!
Our server was sweet, friendly and attentive. She had great recommendations and was very helpful in helping us to decide on our dinner choices.
We started with Mai Tais...oh my goodness they were fun and fabulous! They light the sugar on fire and it's so fun!

Then we had the lumpia. I am used to fillipino lumpia so this was different but wonderful! Great flavor and texture!

Both our dinners ere great. My fave was the chicken and the mac salad!

Hula boy is a must go! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 29 August 2012

It has been several years since I spent some time on the Islands. Among the things I miss, is the food. Not the knock off versions of the Hawaiian kine grinds (Hawaiian kind of food) but, the more authentic, home cooked goodness that only comes from the pacific Islands of Hawaii. There are several good Hawaiian restaurants in the Vancouver/Portland area, but it is HULA BOY CHARBROIL that takes first place, and is worth mentioning. From the seared Ahi tuna with wassabi to the Kalua pulled pork and home made Haupia dessert, every dish is rich in flavor & clean on the palate! I have never been disappointed with the food, the service, the very reasonable prices or the ample portion size for that matter. I have visited HULA BOY CHARBROIL several times, and plan on many more visits, as it is always a treat.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Went into have Mahi Mahi and the fish was so fishy you couldn't even stand to put it past your nose. Owner says that this is the only kind of Mahi Mahi we serve, nothing like in Hawaii which tasted great. When explaining to owner how it smelled and tasted, he said why are you eating my food get out of here. That is what you call pleasing your customers. Obviously he doesn't care about customer service. Last time that we will be in this place. Didn't even ask if he could get you something else, instead he said that this is what you order, at which time I said that I wasn't going to eat it and he said that was my choice. I said that I wasn't ever coming back here after the way he treated us, he said that he didn't want us to come back. His wish is our command, we will never be back.

3  Thank sputnik1114