Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Vancouver by Vancouver Mall
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 12 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Although I'm almost deaf in one ear AND put in my ear plugs, the sounds of their endless very late night loud conversations and horsing around carried so strongly that I could actually understand every word that was being said. I called the front desk, gave them my room number, and was told that they would send someone to get them to quiet down, but that never happened (that I could determine).

Later that morning, I presented myself to the front desk in person, and told them about my experience. "Oh yes," she frowned. "We have a note that you called."

NOT, "We're very sorry!" NOT, "We'll refund last night's stay." NOT
"We'd like to give you a voucher for a future stay, with our apologies."

I had another two nights on my stay, and told her that there was no way I was going to remain in the hotel under these circumstances. Her response? "They're checking out this afternoon, so you won't have this problem tonight."

The purpose of checking into a hotel is to have a decent place to sleep. I was cheated out of a night of sleep.

Additionally: there is a coffee maker in the bathroom. The accompanying recycled paper cups are clearly marked "No hot liquids." More cups are placed on top of the microwave, along with tea bags. You know: HOT tea that you've just made in the microwave? When I mentioned that at the front desk, they looked at me as if I were the first person to ever comment on that. To their credit, when I returned that evening, she knocked on my door with proper ceramic cups, for which I thanked her.

After five minutes, the microwave was not able to heat my mug past tepid. I reported that, but it was never fixed during the three nights of my stay.

The blow dryer in the bathroom was inoperable, but was fixed on the second day.

The shower curtain around the tub was none too clean, showing several areas of black fuzzy mold.

The lights in the bathroom are so dim that one cannot shave/put on make-up in the mirror. I took my make-up bag to a chair by the window and opened the curtains so I could see.

There are no proper reading lamps by the beds, only overhead glaring halogen-type light fixtures that are much too stark and uncomfortable to do any reading by.

There were no instructions in the room about how to access the Internet; however, I was able to get online by connecting to whichever unsecured network was available. (There are several other hotels in the immediate area.)

I did not see any thermostat to turn down the heat, and ended up opening my window for fresh air.

I told them they didn't need to change my sheets each day, and housekeeping never cleaned anything in my room! I simply reused the towels for three days.

All in all, I'd have to say that this was the worst hotel experience I've ever had, and NO, I definitely would not return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Alexinasf
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The price was great. Rooms very clean . Nice location for my family. Kids loved how close to mall. Very happy with the staff and owner of the hotel. Enjoyed indoor pool. My family and I will return again.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Very nice stay , everybody very friendly , clean room , good coffee ,clean eating area , no crap going on from other guest .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I couldn't believe for such a low rate how wonderful this hotel is. Kimberly from front desk was wonderful and helpful in every way. breakfast was excellent. Rooms clean an quite. loved indoor pool and hot tub. we have made this our hotel for future stays. thank you howard johnson

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I like the hotel. The breakfast is great. But I got 2 hours of sleep. Children running down the halls and gang bangers slaming doors and talking loudly till 3 in the morning. I believe if the price was raised the seedy characters would be gone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Although this location was not our first choice and the quality of the hotel was not what I had hoped, I cannot express how helpful and courteous the desk clerk that attended to our last minute "walk in" reservation. Phyllis could not have been more patient or friendly to last minute travelers who could not find a place to stay anywhere near Vancouver WA this past weekend. Thank you again Phyllis!

1  Thank Connie M
Travellers also viewed these Vancouver hotels
Days Inn & Suites Vancouver
Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#22 of 29 in Vancouver

Been to Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Vancouver by Vancouver Mall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Vancouver by Vancouver Mall

Address: 9201 NE Vancouver Mall Dr, Vancouver, WA 98662-6178 (Formerly Rodeway Inn & Suites Vancouver)
Region: United States > Washington > Vancouver
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Price Range: £54 - £91 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Vancouver by Vancouver Mall 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Vancouver by Vancouver Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rodeway Inn Vancouver