“Lovely Accommodations”

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Lovely Accommodations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is one of the "old style" Residence Inns where multiple buildings are spread around the complex with 8 units in each. The rooms have been updated / upgraded and the grounds are very well kept.
A true indicator of customer service is the front desk's attention to comments entered with the reservation. Unlike the majority of hotels I have stayed at, the front desk did not only acknowledge my requests but had blocked a room based on them.
The breakfasts and snack meals were good and kept up well. (However, Residence Inns across the country have been cutting down the number of evenings with complimentary food.)
The location is very convenient. A real plus was being able to walk for miles and feel perfectly safe.

1 Thank Just_a_Rd_Warrior
Carla-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland North/Vancouver, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. We do our best to meet all guest requests and I am glad that we were able to fulfill yours. I’m happy that you also enjoyed our guest reception.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is my second stay at this property, this time for business. Check-in was quick and breakfast in the morning was hot. I was a little leery in my room of two doors that didn't open, but it wasn't a big enough deal for me to call. When I filled out the post-stay survey I mentioned the doors and received an email from the General Manager explaining they were water heaters, since each room on site has their own heating system. I was really impressed the General Manager read the reviews, let alone responded to a guest. Would definitely stay here again the next time I travel to the Portland area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Carla-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland North/Vancouver, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am looking forward to your third stay!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Large Residence Inn complex, with at least 13 buildings. Site contains gym, pool, hot tub, and laundry facilities.
Was given a two floor upper suite - great amount of space. Only complaint was that the lighting choices in the room were poor.
Hotel site near a shopping complex, and very easy access to major bridges to Portland.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with two floors - incredible amount of space
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for review. I am glad you enjoyed the space of the two bedroom suite and that our location worked well for you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel looks and feels more like an apartment complex, which I liked. It is close to the mall, shopping, freeways and Portland airport.

Staff were helpful and even upgraded us to a two level 2 bedroom when we asked for two queen beds. That was nice. However the rooms are starting to look a little worn and dated. The pool area is nice with BBQ grills and tables near by.

The breakfast was standard but the staff could use help there were many people at breakfast, including many families with children and the single staffer couldn't keep items stocked. Additionally the layout of the food line is awkward and causes problems.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank GretchenDT
Carla-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland North/Vancouver, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
I am glad that you liked our unique apartment like setting and that you found our location convenient. It is a beautiful time of year to enjoy the BBQs and picnic tables.
Edgewater, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband, two children and I love to stay at this family friendly hotel every time we visit the area. My husband likes the free breakfast, I enjoy the coffee with specialty creamers and my kids love the pool and basketball court.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you, Campbell Gang, for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

It's hard to believe that this down-at-the-heels hotel is a Marriott property. Everything needs an upgrade including the towels which should have been retired years ago. The 1980s decor is a big turn off, and the hotel has problems of a kind I have never seen before. When we closed the door to the room that contains the toilet and bathtub, it locked. We had to call for somebody to open it. She said, "This happens all the time." When we went to breakfast at 7:15 a.m. the cans provided for guests to dispose of paper plates were already overflowing with garbage. Apparently they had not been emptied from the day before. The clerk said she was putting us in a room away from the street. She did. It was away from the street and up against the freeway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wonderfulworld
Carla-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland North/Vancouver, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations as we strive for all of our guests to have a positive experience. Thank you for sharing your experience with me so that I may address the service issues on our end.
Lafayette, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is physically a very large property with about 14 buildings containing eight units each. Ours was getting a little long in the tooth and had noisy plumbing. A floor lamp in the corner next to an upholstered chair had been unplugged for no apparent reason and plugging it in took a little effort. The single toilet paper dispenser was oddly placed and awkward to access. The fact that the Internet was down for the entire evening did not please us greatly.

For a good laugh take a look at the sign at the front desk saying "All pets must register" and then ask the person checking you in to share with you the funniest comments they've heard in regard to that sign.

Room Tip: If proximity to the front desk and breakfast/hospitality room are important to you then asking for a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Carla-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland North/Vancouver, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the internet; I know how frustrating this can be. We were very happy to see our service provider show up and restore normal service.

I am glad that you found the humor in our “All pets must register” sign. You know, the funniest comments would make a great book.