“Stay elsewhere if possible”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I've never been a big fan of Phoenix Inn and Suites, but they seem to have a cushy relationship with Hotwire and I think a lot of their business comes that way. That being said, the price was really good and I didn't have too high expectations since I've stayed in the one in Albany twice.However, this place was FILTHY. The carpet was dirty and stained from the front door through the sitting area. The toilet had mold on the inside of the bowl, which I could see while walking into the bathroom. The toilet ran and I had to jiggle the handle after each use. The sink and counter tops were dirty. The A/C is really noisy and I finally had to get up and turn it off. Some of the other guests were a little scary looking, but the hotel appears to be security conscious. Unfortunately, I'd prepaid for two nights so I stayed. The upside was that it was quiet at night. If you're staying at the airport, it is rather convenient. There were two decent flatscreen tvs in the room - one in the bedroom portion and one in the sitting portion. The rooms are large - I had one king-sized bed. There are nice restaurants within walking distance and there are plenty of parking. Check-in was quick and easy, even though I had made my reservation within an hour of arrival. The desk clerks were nice and helpful. I probably would not stay here again, but in this case my trip got extended and I was trying to save some money on lodging.

Room Tip: Due to the lack of cleanliness, check out the room before settling in. There are nice restaurants wi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington

Reviewed 18 August 2013

The room appeared dirty up on first inspection. Dirty carpet, hair in sink, dirty walls, dirty bedspread. Only plus was comfy Bed. Shower was bad, elevator broken, breakfast mediocre. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The room really smells bad until you open the window. The carpet is very musky. The bed was not clean well and has feces smell to it. The elevator to the second floor is dirty and slow. Surprisingly, it is quiet enough to sleep at night.

However, the free breakfast is really good and the ghetto people do not bother you too much since the dining room is big and spread out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed here back in 2011, and now its getting run down, We stayed here recently at the beginning of our trip , straight from the airport and then at the end of our trip upon returning to the airport, The staff is polite but they messed up our reservations both times , so double check your bed accommodations. It seems that they are doing some upgrading but if you are the unlucky one to get an old room the carpets are horribly stained bad enough that we notified the front desk so we did not get blamed for it. The sheets had little balls on them (old and worn) so not very comfy to sleep on. Ice machine on only one floor worked a long way to get ice. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Perhaps it was because we were traveling with our Standard Poodles...aka DOGS, we may have been given a well used room. My best friend and I traveled to a show in Vancouver with the poodles. We have been many places with these guys and stayed in very nice hotels. We expected what we are accustomed to based on price.

NOT what I expect of a Phoenix Inn. Old furniture in the parking lot waiting to be hauled off. Employees sitting out smoking a picnic bench near our entrance door. Hotel was well used. Needs a refresh.

On a positive note, we did have a first floor room, relatively close to the rear door and nice grassy areas.

Breakfast sad. We stopped at a coffee shop on the second day. The bagel was okay. Biscuit 'n gravy? I wouldn't give it to my dog.

Room Tip: When traveling with dogs, the downstairs in the back, was excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Pros:

-Nice lobby.
-Good front desk service.
-Great location right by the freeway.
-One of the lowest priced hotels in the area(excluding junky motel-style places).

Cons:

-Junky indoor pool.
-Old rooms with firm bed and gross carpeting.
-Bathroom didn't "feel" clean. It wasn't dirty specifically...just kind of run-down.

Overall, I did like this hotel and the price is great for this type of property, but the rooms were a "deal breaker" for me. They were old and in drastic need of remodel. The carpet was so old and gross...I refused to walk on it without sandals. If they fixed up their rooms, this place would get a "very good" rating from me.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Pretty average hotel. Not suggested for long period stay. Pool and spa close down weekly. Nice variety of complimentary breakfast. Coffee always ready throughout the day. Internet WIFI goes down frequently.

Room Tip: Two adults two beds, nice size room. Bathroom is a little small.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Amber B
Travellers also viewed these Vancouver hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Portland / Vancouver
Comfort Suites Vancouver
#14 of 29 in Vancouver
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North
Best Western Plus Vancouver Mall Drive Hotel and Suites

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington? Share your experiences!