“Not recommended”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Bad place.
Was checking in and the 2 ladies at front desk were just chatting up and ignored the fact that I was the only one checking in.
After I cleared the throat, one of the ladies walked away. The lady serving me looked for my reservation and said could not find it. Then she checked another system and found my name.
Went into room, not impressed. Every piece of furniture, to the best was not pleasant.
During the stay, around 9pm, received phone call from room downstairs saying too much noise and that he needs to wake up at 5am. Hello, it's only 9pm and there was no noise aside from the kid running to/from washroom.
Next morning check out was just as bad. I wanted to use the so called business center to print something. The printer would not print cuz it's out of ink. Ask front desk guy for cartridge and was advised none available. What a joke.

Will suggest all to avoid this hotel. It really does not cater well for families as the clientele is quite rough (mainly truckers and construction workers).

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank doberman_baby
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry to hear your stay wasn't better. I can assure you we are aware of the dated furniture in the rooms. That will be replaced during our renovation which will be starting any day now. I'm sorry to hear that you were contacted by another guest due to noise but that's not really something we can control. As far as the business center printer I can assure you it's printing. I will certainly share this review with my front desk manager so she can make sure we have a back stock of ink for the printer to avoid causing any inconveniences to the guests. I hope you'll have a chance to come back and experience the fresh new look in the guest rooms as we're very excited about it!

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed on 12/19/20 Large room, even a small kitchen type bar..coffee maker, micro. Furniture is worn, though pretty clean. The down side was that I was quoted one price, but when got the bill, was $10 higher, taxes were not quoted at check in. Another + at this location is that there are various restaurants within walking distance; sets back far enough it's quiet.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

I'm glad to hear the positive comments you had regarding our hotel. I'm sorry about the dated furniture, we'll be starting a renovation next month and we'll get new furniture. I hope you'll come back and see us again in a few months. As far as the price I'm sorry we didn't specifically say the rate was x plus taxes but any rate for a hotel will always have taxes on top of it unless you submit paperwork to be tax exempt. I'm sorry for the confusion. Again, thank you for your feedback, I will pass this along to the rest of the staff.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I held a business meeting here November 2013. I stayed 3 nights and associates stayed one. Good feedback from those who stayed. Rooms around $80 were a very good value. Furnishings were a little dated but beds and linens were very nice. Free wireless was very fast, no hassles to connect. Meeting room was very nice, well appointed and well lighted. Breakfast snacks were set out a little early (good) and were a very good value also. I plan on staying and having meetings here in the future, the sales manager was very helpful prior and everything went off without a hitch.
Also noticed it seems to be a favorite of senior travelers, kind of nice because they were quiet and didn't flood the breakfast buffet all at once.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room with new carpet, if they have one they will put you there.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HoboJoe602
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm glad to hear your stay and meeting went well! We've just upgraded to fiber optic cable for our internet access so future travelers should notice the same fast speed as you did. Please keep an eye out for our renovation starting in January in which we will get brand new guest room furniture among other things. We look forward to serving as a resource to you in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I just checked in after an all day Medical conference so i was tired. The front desk people were really nice and check-in was fine. Upon entering the room the dirty carpet's were evident. It also smelled like smoke. I read this in the reviews after I paid for it on Hotwire so i wasn't too suprised. Its a cheap place to stay. Better luck next time I guess.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Jennifer R

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. Whether good or bad we appreciate all feedback and use that as a way to gauge how we're doing. I'm glad to hear you felt our staff was personable, that's certainly one of our best strengths. As for the carpet, I do apologize regarding the condition. I assure you we're aware of the carpet and this will be one of the first things they change in the upcoming renovation in January. I hope that you'll come back to see the improvements that have been made.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

The title sums it up. Clean, spacious rooms. Free breakfast, internet, and parking. Not entirely modern but I'm in my room a couple of hours a day when I travel so its definitely not necessary. Includes fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. All of the necessities, none of the frills for a low price!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aceabouttown

I'm glad you felt our hotel was a great value. We try very hard to to make sure you feel like you get more than just the room for the price. In the days of paying for baggage when you fly we wanted our guests to get a good value when they stay. That's why we include the full hot and cold breakfast, the internet and parking with the rate. Please look out for "modern" improvements to the rooms and public spaces when we begin our renovation in January.

Thank you!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed here two nights while visiting Oregon just to be closer to the airport in Portland, but not in the middle of the madness in an expensive hotel. The price here was great. I stayed in a King bed room on the second floor. The coke vending machine was right across the hallway and was a little loud, but nothing awful. The room itself was nice. The bed was very comfortable. The tub had some hair in it that could've been washed out when they went through and cleaned before I checked in. The carpet was awful. It had stained all over it and really needed to be replaced. The hotel just needs a little bit of an update and some remodeling. Other than that it was a nice place to stay for the price. The people at the desk were very friendly and helpful. There were several restaurants very close by. There is a gas station, Walmart, and a mall within minutes. I would stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel isn't too bad of a stay, especially for the price. When I first checked in, my room smelled like smoke. When I went down to the front desk, she took care of it and apologized for the inconvenience. The second time I got to my room, it was good. Clean room and comfortable bed. The only complaint was that the AC needed service. The hotel is decent, but it could use some remodeling.

I have stayed here on a few occasions and will continue because it's a good value for the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business