“Will Stay Again”

Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Atlanta, Georgia
“Will Stay Again”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I booked this hotel for my husband's recent trip to Vancouver. I was seeking a hotel that offered complimentary shuttle to and from the Portland airport and was pleasantly surprised to learn they also provided complimentary shuttle service to local businesses within 5 miles of the hotel. The shuttle service dropped him off at his job interview meaning he only had to get a cab ride back. That alone saved $20! (*Note* I was told the shuttle is only complimentary if you book through the hotel directly either via internet or phone).

They offer a full complimentary breakfast (waffles, sausage, biscuits and gravy, etc) and also have three restaurants within walking distance of the hotel (Applebee's, Sweet Tomatoes, and a local fish restaurant which apparently was quite tasty). This made not having a rental car no problem at all!

My husband loved the location and convenience of the hotel and said everyone he spoke to at the hotel from the front desk clerk to the shuttle driver were exceptionally nice. He will be staying there again for his next trip! It's was a great find!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that it was convenient. I will certainly pass along these comments to the rest of my team. They always like to hear when they've done well! Come back and see us again soon!

Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
KlamathFalls, OR
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Holy mackerel! I stayed in room 220. The bed was comfortable, and it was quiet. But it was DIRTY! The carpet was badly soiled. There was a piece of plastic about the size of a toenail on the carpet by the bed when I arrived. I left it there to see what would happen. Next evening it was still there!
This place could be much better with more attention to cleanliness.

Room Tip: Avoid 220. If cleanliness is important ask to see the room!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry you felt that the guest room was lacking in cleanliness. We do our best to keep the hotel clean. The carpets are dated certainly and some have some staining. We try very hard to keep them clean however. I will say there is no excuse though to have found a piece of plastic on the floor. The fact that it was there the next day as well is disturbing and I will certainly pass this feedback along to my housekeeping manager so she can follow up with her team. As much as I hate negative reviews this gives us an opportunity to improve so thank you for your comments. As part of the renovation that we started a few weeks ago they will be replacing all the guest room carpet. I hope you'll have a chance to come back and see the improvements.

Thank you again.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I very much like this place. I would recommend this place no problems. Room n bed is comfy. Breakfast was good. I wood come again. For sure. Like the king suite... I don't see where people are talking about issues or problems are at. In your rooms they have microwaves, coffee maker, iron & iron boards, soft n comfortable beds. Clean rooms free wifi... Great place to stay n I liked it here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for your positive comments. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will pass this on to the rest of my team. You'll have to come back and see the changes we've made, room renovations officially start on Monday!!

Thanks again!
Vancouver
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Bad place.
Was checking in and the 2 ladies at front desk were just chatting up and ignored the fact that I was the only one checking in.
After I cleared the throat, one of the ladies walked away. The lady serving me looked for my reservation and said could not find it. Then she checked another system and found my name.
Went into room, not impressed. Every piece of furniture, to the best was not pleasant.
During the stay, around 9pm, received phone call from room downstairs saying too much noise and that he needs to wake up at 5am. Hello, it's only 9pm and there was no noise aside from the kid running to/from washroom.
Next morning check out was just as bad. I wanted to use the so called business center to print something. The printer would not print cuz it's out of ink. Ask front desk guy for cartridge and was advised none available. What a joke.

Will suggest all to avoid this hotel. It really does not cater well for families as the clientele is quite rough (mainly truckers and construction workers).

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank doberman_baby
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry to hear your stay wasn't better. I can assure you we are aware of the dated furniture in the rooms. That will be replaced during our renovation which will be starting any day now. I'm sorry to hear that you were contacted by another guest due to noise but that's not really something we can control. As far as the business center printer I can assure you it's printing. I will certainly share this review with my front desk manager so she can make sure we have a back stock of ink for the printer to avoid causing any inconveniences to the guests. I hope you'll have a chance to come back and experience the fresh new look in the guest rooms as we're very excited about it!

Thank you again for your comments.
La Pine, Oregon
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed on 12/19/20 Large room, even a small kitchen type bar..coffee maker, micro. Furniture is worn, though pretty clean. The down side was that I was quoted one price, but when got the bill, was $10 higher, taxes were not quoted at check in. Another + at this location is that there are various restaurants within walking distance; sets back far enough it's quiet.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
I'm glad to hear the positive comments you had regarding our hotel. I'm sorry about the dated furniture, we'll be starting a renovation next month and we'll get new furniture. I hope you'll come back and see us again in a few months. As far as the price I'm sorry we didn't specifically say the rate was x plus taxes but any rate for a hotel will always have taxes on top of it unless you submit paperwork to be tax exempt. I'm sorry for the confusion. Again, thank you for your feedback, I will pass this along to the rest of the staff.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I held a business meeting here November 2013. I stayed 3 nights and associates stayed one. Good feedback from those who stayed. Rooms around $80 were a very good value. Furnishings were a little dated but beds and linens were very nice. Free wireless was very fast, no hassles to connect. Meeting room was very nice, well appointed and well lighted. Breakfast snacks were set out a little early (good) and were a very good value also. I plan on staying and having meetings here in the future, the sales manager was very helpful prior and everything went off without a hitch.
Also noticed it seems to be a favorite of senior travelers, kind of nice because they were quiet and didn't flood the breakfast buffet all at once.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room with new carpet, if they have one they will put you there.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank HoboJoe602
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm glad to hear your stay and meeting went well! We've just upgraded to fiber optic cable for our internet access so future travelers should notice the same fast speed as you did. Please keep an eye out for our renovation starting in January in which we will get brand new guest room furniture among other things. We look forward to serving as a resource to you in the future.
Lebanon
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I just checked in after an all day Medical conference so i was tired. The front desk people were really nice and check-in was fine. Upon entering the room the dirty carpet's were evident. It also smelled like smoke. I read this in the reviews after I paid for it on Hotwire so i wasn't too suprised. Its a cheap place to stay. Better luck next time I guess.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Jennifer R
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. Whether good or bad we appreciate all feedback and use that as a way to gauge how we're doing. I'm glad to hear you felt our staff was personable, that's certainly one of our best strengths. As for the carpet, I do apologize regarding the condition. I assure you we're aware of the carpet and this will be one of the first things they change in the upcoming renovation in January. I hope that you'll come back to see the improvements that have been made.

Thank you again.