“Comfortable and CLEAN”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Nice hotel with tastefully decorated, clean rooms, nice linens, great customer service. Located next a couple of restaurants and fairly close to several more. My only criticism was that the hallway had a musty smell to it and the lone elevator felt old, small and slightly dirty. I would stay there again, however, as the room met my expectations, had a comfortable bed, and couch/living room area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass this along to the rest of the team. It was interesting to hear your comments about the elevator. I'll have to look into the renovation plans to see if they plan on doing anything with the elevator cab but it's always nice to hear what guests think.

Thank you!
Garfield, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Got this room off a site or wouldn't of known of it...what a great value, lot of room for $54 - super comfy clean king bed & room was a suite style with comfy leather love seat & comfy couch! Everything was clean, this was a great value, good location for what we were doing, walk to Applebee's - recommend!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I look forward to our rooms being updated and I hope you'll come back and see the changes.

Thank you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I booked this hotel for my husband's recent trip to Vancouver. I was seeking a hotel that offered complimentary shuttle to and from the Portland airport and was pleasantly surprised to learn they also provided complimentary shuttle service to local businesses within 5 miles of the hotel. The shuttle service dropped him off at his job interview meaning he only had to get a cab ride back. That alone saved $20! (*Note* I was told the shuttle is only complimentary if you book through the hotel directly either via internet or phone).

They offer a full complimentary breakfast (waffles, sausage, biscuits and gravy, etc) and also have three restaurants within walking distance of the hotel (Applebee's, Sweet Tomatoes, and a local fish restaurant which apparently was quite tasty). This made not having a rental car no problem at all!

My husband loved the location and convenience of the hotel and said everyone he spoke to at the hotel from the front desk clerk to the shuttle driver were exceptionally nice. He will be staying there again for his next trip! It's was a great find!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that it was convenient. I will certainly pass along these comments to the rest of my team. They always like to hear when they've done well! Come back and see us again soon!

Thank you.
KlamathFalls, OR
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Holy mackerel! I stayed in room 220. The bed was comfortable, and it was quiet. But it was DIRTY! The carpet was badly soiled. There was a piece of plastic about the size of a toenail on the carpet by the bed when I arrived. I left it there to see what would happen. Next evening it was still there!
This place could be much better with more attention to cleanliness.

Room Tip: Avoid 220. If cleanliness is important ask to see the room!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry you felt that the guest room was lacking in cleanliness. We do our best to keep the hotel clean. The carpets are dated certainly and some have some staining. We try very hard to keep them clean however. I will say there is no excuse though to have found a piece of plastic on the floor. The fact that it was there the next day as well is disturbing and I will certainly pass this feedback along to my housekeeping manager so she can follow up with her team. As much as I hate negative reviews this gives us an opportunity to improve so thank you for your comments. As part of the renovation that we started a few weeks ago they will be replacing all the guest room carpet. I hope you'll have a chance to come back and see the improvements.

Thank you again.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I very much like this place. I would recommend this place no problems. Room n bed is comfy. Breakfast was good. I wood come again. For sure. Like the king suite... I don't see where people are talking about issues or problems are at. In your rooms they have microwaves, coffee maker, iron & iron boards, soft n comfortable beds. Clean rooms free wifi... Great place to stay n I liked it here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for your positive comments. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will pass this on to the rest of my team. You'll have to come back and see the changes we've made, room renovations officially start on Monday!!

Thanks again!
Vancouver
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Bad place.
Was checking in and the 2 ladies at front desk were just chatting up and ignored the fact that I was the only one checking in.
After I cleared the throat, one of the ladies walked away. The lady serving me looked for my reservation and said could not find it. Then she checked another system and found my name.
Went into room, not impressed. Every piece of furniture, to the best was not pleasant.
During the stay, around 9pm, received phone call from room downstairs saying too much noise and that he needs to wake up at 5am. Hello, it's only 9pm and there was no noise aside from the kid running to/from washroom.
Next morning check out was just as bad. I wanted to use the so called business center to print something. The printer would not print cuz it's out of ink. Ask front desk guy for cartridge and was advised none available. What a joke.

Will suggest all to avoid this hotel. It really does not cater well for families as the clientele is quite rough (mainly truckers and construction workers).

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank doberman_baby
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry to hear your stay wasn't better. I can assure you we are aware of the dated furniture in the rooms. That will be replaced during our renovation which will be starting any day now. I'm sorry to hear that you were contacted by another guest due to noise but that's not really something we can control. As far as the business center printer I can assure you it's printing. I will certainly share this review with my front desk manager so she can make sure we have a back stock of ink for the printer to avoid causing any inconveniences to the guests. I hope you'll have a chance to come back and experience the fresh new look in the guest rooms as we're very excited about it!

Thank you again for your comments.