“Do not stay here”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This place is DISGUSTING. Carpet was covered in stains and worn out, there was a hair on the shower wall, the room was huge but strangely laid out, and the sofa was gross leather and at least 20 years old. The bedspread had been kept up to date, but surprise!--it was only on the bed to cover a stained comforter. I booked through a sight-unseen site that categorized the Phoenix Inn 3 stars and compared it to a Hilton Garden Inn. Having just stayed at a HGI in February, that's laughable. I was so glad we were only staying for 1 night before moving on.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for your comments and I'm so sorry you had a bad stay. I can assure you cleanliness is of the utmost importance to us and we do everything we can to provide clean rooms and warm, friendly service. We're currently undergoing a major renovation which will replace all the carpet, furniture etc. in the rooms. I hope you'll come back when that has been completed so you can see the difference. But I will certainly pass along your comments about the rest. Hair anywhere is terrible!!

Thank you for sharing.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

It was nice until we woke up to power tools! They should of mentioned they would be doing construction at 9am!and when I called she just said yep we are under construction. Like I was aware. Considering I got in at 3 a.m I would of just went to another place had a been informed

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank jesslynn28312
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so sorry you weren't informed of the construction at check in. We're going through a full renovation to include changes in the guest rooms and public spaces. The updates will provide our guests with a new, fresh product. The construction crew does their best to avoid any disturbances which is why they wait until 9am but I can certainly see how that would be a pain if you got in so late. I will certainly pass this along to my front desk team to reiterate how crucial it is to mention the renovation at check in.

Thank you.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Nice hotel with tastefully decorated, clean rooms, nice linens, great customer service. Located next a couple of restaurants and fairly close to several more. My only criticism was that the hallway had a musty smell to it and the lone elevator felt old, small and slightly dirty. I would stay there again, however, as the room met my expectations, had a comfortable bed, and couch/living room area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass this along to the rest of the team. It was interesting to hear your comments about the elevator. I'll have to look into the renovation plans to see if they plan on doing anything with the elevator cab but it's always nice to hear what guests think.

Thank you!

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Got this room off a site or wouldn't of known of it...what a great value, lot of room for $54 - super comfy clean king bed & room was a suite style with comfy leather love seat & comfy couch! Everything was clean, this was a great value, good location for what we were doing, walk to Applebee's - recommend!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I look forward to our rooms being updated and I hope you'll come back and see the changes.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I booked this hotel for my husband's recent trip to Vancouver. I was seeking a hotel that offered complimentary shuttle to and from the Portland airport and was pleasantly surprised to learn they also provided complimentary shuttle service to local businesses within 5 miles of the hotel. The shuttle service dropped him off at his job interview meaning he only had to get a cab ride back. That alone saved $20! (*Note* I was told the shuttle is only complimentary if you book through the hotel directly either via internet or phone).

They offer a full complimentary breakfast (waffles, sausage, biscuits and gravy, etc) and also have three restaurants within walking distance of the hotel (Applebee's, Sweet Tomatoes, and a local fish restaurant which apparently was quite tasty). This made not having a rental car no problem at all!

My husband loved the location and convenience of the hotel and said everyone he spoke to at the hotel from the front desk clerk to the shuttle driver were exceptionally nice. He will be staying there again for his next trip! It's was a great find!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that it was convenient. I will certainly pass along these comments to the rest of my team. They always like to hear when they've done well! Come back and see us again soon!

Thank you.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Holy mackerel! I stayed in room 220. The bed was comfortable, and it was quiet. But it was DIRTY! The carpet was badly soiled. There was a piece of plastic about the size of a toenail on the carpet by the bed when I arrived. I left it there to see what would happen. Next evening it was still there!
This place could be much better with more attention to cleanliness.

Room Tip: Avoid 220. If cleanliness is important ask to see the room!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry you felt that the guest room was lacking in cleanliness. We do our best to keep the hotel clean. The carpets are dated certainly and some have some staining. We try very hard to keep them clean however. I will say there is no excuse though to have found a piece of plastic on the floor. The fact that it was there the next day as well is disturbing and I will certainly pass this feedback along to my housekeeping manager so she can follow up with her team. As much as I hate negative reviews this gives us an opportunity to improve so thank you for your comments. As part of the renovation that we started a few weeks ago they will be replacing all the guest room carpet. I hope you'll have a chance to come back and see the improvements.

Thank you again.