“Very Nice Remodeled Rooms”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Arkansas
“Very Nice Remodeled Rooms”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've stayed here before, but this time I had one of their newly renovated rooms (3rd floor - they're working on the 2nd floor rooms now). It was a nicely appointed large room done in neutral tones. I believe this hotel will become a Doubletree when the remodel is finished. The things the hotel did right before are still there: very friendly, helpful staff; free wifi that works, a pool and exercise room. The location is excellent - close to 205 with lots of stores and restaurants within walking distance. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

They are upgrading to become a Double Tree in June 2014. We stayed on the 3rd floor in a room that had already been remodeled and it was great!
Comfortable bed, pull out sofa bed 2 TV's fridge and microwave. The bedding and towels were all very good and the room was extra large and comfortable. I kept telling the people that worked there (extremely nice people) that they should be charging double the $70 per night we paid. Im sure the prices will go up once they become a double tree but it will still be worth it. Great location, great staff and the rooms were awesome. By the way they didn't get a 5 rating because the breakfast was kinda weak. But I'd stay here again in a second.

Room Tip: Just ask the very helpful girls that work there. They will do the right thing and take care of you.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Spokane WA
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This place is DISGUSTING. Carpet was covered in stains and worn out, there was a hair on the shower wall, the room was huge but strangely laid out, and the sofa was gross leather and at least 20 years old. The bedspread had been kept up to date, but surprise!--it was only on the bed to cover a stained comforter. I booked through a sight-unseen site that categorized the Phoenix Inn 3 stars and compared it to a Hilton Garden Inn. Having just stayed at a HGI in February, that's laughable. I was so glad we were only staying for 1 night before moving on.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for your comments and I'm so sorry you had a bad stay. I can assure you cleanliness is of the utmost importance to us and we do everything we can to provide clean rooms and warm, friendly service. We're currently undergoing a major renovation which will replace all the carpet, furniture etc. in the rooms. I hope you'll come back when that has been completed so you can see the difference. But I will certainly pass along your comments about the rest. Hair anywhere is terrible!!

Thank you for sharing.
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed 2 April 2014

It was nice until we woke up to power tools! They should of mentioned they would be doing construction at 9am!and when I called she just said yep we are under construction. Like I was aware. Considering I got in at 3 a.m I would of just went to another place had a been informed

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank jesslynn28312
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I'm so sorry you weren't informed of the construction at check in. We're going through a full renovation to include changes in the guest rooms and public spaces. The updates will provide our guests with a new, fresh product. The construction crew does their best to avoid any disturbances which is why they wait until 9am but I can certainly see how that would be a pain if you got in so late. I will certainly pass this along to my front desk team to reiterate how crucial it is to mention the renovation at check in.

Thank you.
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Nice hotel with tastefully decorated, clean rooms, nice linens, great customer service. Located next a couple of restaurants and fairly close to several more. My only criticism was that the hallway had a musty smell to it and the lone elevator felt old, small and slightly dirty. I would stay there again, however, as the room met my expectations, had a comfortable bed, and couch/living room area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass this along to the rest of the team. It was interesting to hear your comments about the elevator. I'll have to look into the renovation plans to see if they plan on doing anything with the elevator cab but it's always nice to hear what guests think.

Thank you!
Garfield, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Got this room off a site or wouldn't of known of it...what a great value, lot of room for $54 - super comfy clean king bed & room was a suite style with comfy leather love seat & comfy couch! Everything was clean, this was a great value, good location for what we were doing, walk to Applebee's - recommend!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Melinda W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I look forward to our rooms being updated and I hope you'll come back and see the changes.

Thank you again.