“New Name for the hotel but less value”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The rooms have been up dated but the rest of the hotel remains the same. Price has doubled. The service was excellent and the room was clean with new furniture and a great bed but not sure it was worth the increase in price. Location is perfect for us and we may stay there again if we do not find a reasonable alternative

1  Thank Robert P

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We arrived at almost 11 PM but we wre greeted most warmly. The lobby smelled so good. Our room smelled just as good. We were really impressed! We enjoyed our overnight stay very much. We chose this hotel because we had two small dogs with us.

1  Thank Asuncion M
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Maybe in time it will improve but this property is a terrible Hilton example. I called for early check-in and was told nothing available until noon. Fine, show up at 4:00pm and room "isn't clean yet". A complete lack of concern at the front desk while I waited 10 minutes for them to find something. No apology, nothing. No recognition of diamond status or anything that might have suggested having a nice stay. Internet connection didn't work and I called back to the front desk where Nick, who checked me in, said he would find out the problem and call back. No call back. Check out was met by the same lack of concern and frustration over asking for a coffee to go (a diamond benefit in lieu of breakfast).

Room was standard Hampton Inn like quality. Since they have dedicated over 2/3 of the rooms as an "Honors Floor" this was the upgrade even though it was a standard room.

They won't have any business from me in the future.

Room Tip: try another Hilton
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank drtravels
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Apparently, this hotel was recently acquired and converted to a Doubletree. The newness and freshness of everything was readily apparent, from the carpet to the paint to the bathroom fixtures. It truly got the Doubletree quality touch, though, since there was no sign that things were hastily or sloppily done. I would DEFINITELY stay here again! I <3 Doubletree!

1  Thank Aaron S
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I booked this hotel because of the Double Tree name and Hilton property. I was terribly disappointed by the outside appearance number one. Parking was very poor. When I walked in to check in, I was not greeted for a couple of minutes by the two desk clerks and then I was not recognized as a Diamond member. Walking to my room the hallways were dirty and there was a pallet jack in one of the hallways. Checking out I questioned the clerk about my experience and was not even offered an adjustment to my bill. I will not be using this property ever again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Staff here are very friendly even when they screw up. We were booked into a room that was being made up then in the morning the maid opened the door without knocking and got an eyeful as I was getting out of the shower. With a little therapy I think she will be fine. However without the upbeat and cheerful staff this place, though remodelled, would barely be a 3 star. New carpeting and a white wash were apparently needed as the Phoenix Inn had been run into the ground. Breakfast was OK and included. The bed was soft. Everything worked and the TV was HD!! Great cookies.

1  Thank WillyDoug
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Newly remodeled rooms are spacious and nicely decorated, comfortable bed, big desk and sitting area with microwave and mini fridge. Pretty much perfect. The staff is helpful and friendly, the location just right for hopping on 205 to get to Portland. Minor complaint-the airconditioning isn't powerful enough to cool off the whole room. The bedroom area was comfortable but the sitting area was stuffy and hot. It's a big room:) Major complaint-the free breakfast was beyond terrible. Don't even bother. The coffee is decent, though.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Vancouver hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Portland / Vancouver
Heathman Lodge
Heathman Lodge
#2 of 29 in Vancouver
Hilton Vancouver Washington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland
Best Western Plus Vancouver Mall Drive Hotel and Suites
Staybridge Suites Vancouver - Portland Area

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington

Address: 12712 SE 2nd Cir, Vancouver, WA 98684-6018 (Formerly Phoenix Inn - Vancouver)
Region: United States > Washington > Vancouver
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#12 Business Hotel in Vancouver
Price Range: £79 - £160 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington 3*
Newly Renovated - Each spacious guest room at our DoubleTree hotel features complimentary WiFi, refrigerator and microwave. Enjoy the indoor pool, whirlpool, fitness center, outdoor patio and complimentary parking. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Phoenix Inn - Vancouver Hotel Vancouver