“Saved Us”

Heathman Lodge
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I had a bad experience at the Red Lion in Portland, but the Heathman saved my honeymoon night. I booked the Red Lion for my honeymoon night only after physically going to the hotel and looking at the rooms. I booked a suite with a jacuzzi and was under the impression that the presidential and parlor suites all had them, since I requested to only see rooms with jacuzzis. When we arrived on our honeymoon night and went the room, there was a huge walk in shower instead. We tried to call the front desk, but were put on hold for 10 minutes. I took our things and went down to the desk, but they did not have any more rooms. We checked out and did receive a full refund. I called the Heathman Lodge and had a suite with a jacuzzi before we left the parking lot and it was $100 cheaper. They were great and our suite came with breakfast. The room was also newer and more up-to-date. I recommend the Heathman Lodge to anyone for their first choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JadeSierraRose
NorthPacificMgnt, General Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

We are very happy to hear that we were able to take care of you on your honeymoon night! Hopefully we will get to see you in the future!

Yours Truly,

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I recently stayed at the Heathman Lodge for my second time and had a great experience. Their rooms are awesome for the price and the staff is very friendly. The rooms are very spacious and the restaurant has a wonderful happy hour. I definitely plan to stay here again=)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Heather C
NorthPacificMgnt, General Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Thank you for taking time to write about your stay, I am happy to here both your stays have been great! We hope to see you in the future!

Yours Truly,

Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is a great place and a very comfortable stay. It was quiet, the atmosphere was pleasant as were the staff. The rooms are large and the beds comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised. The price with my AAA card is a true bargain. It is about 20 minutes outside of downtown Portland. My only negative is that my AAA book listed continental breakfast as included and it was not. That however would not deter me from staying here again. It's a great find and I'll plan on staying at Heathman Lodge whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
NorthPacificMgnt, General Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Thank you for letting us know about your stay, I am happy to hear that is was very enjoyable. I am sorry you did not get continental breakfast since you should have with AAA. I will talk with our staff to make sure this is not missed again.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

WOW!!! Love this property, great location, great rooms, but the cherry on top is the staff. Stayed here in September 2012 after along day and problem after problem, we landed at Heathman Lodge for great service!! Justin at the front desk took my reservation and had goodies waiting for me. What a treat to turn a bad day into a great evening!!! Local gem for Vancouver!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
NorthPacificMgnt, General Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comments, and we will make sure Justin reads your review. He is outstanding in going above and beyond for guests! We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Having stayed here many times, I continue to be overwhelmed by the hospitality that is demonstrated by every staff member from the desk to the room staff. The price is a 2 or 3 star venue while the exceptional experience is FIVE Star. If you are traveling through, then the Heathman is well situated to the airport, downtown Portland, and other prime locations.

Room Tip: Four floor is for business folks with a complementary breakfast and social in the evening.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

CharlieVVancouver,

Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear that each of your stays are great! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Wonderful hotel, great location and staff tremendously helpful. The staff provided information on tours, made arrangements, and made my staff so much more enjoyable. The room was perfect - bed very comfy! I would stay there again!

Room Tip: If a couple ask for the king-sized bedrooms. The queen was perfect for me as I was traveling alone...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Excellent Hotel! Restaurant and Lounge on site. Beautiful architecture. When in Vancouver WA, THIS is my hotel of choice. The rooms are large and well appointed. Rooms with jacuzzi are available, rooms with fireplace, balcony. Perfect for a getaway weekend romance. Their chef is top notch and the food well presented. High value hotel. Staff are outstanding.

Room Tip: My wife loved the fireplace and jacuzzi. The desserts phenomenal! Beds very comfortable. There are s...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank SBruce J
NorthPacificMgnt, Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

SBruce J,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! You are right we do have great staff, rooms, and food. Chef Ray does a great job in having the best food in the area. Please come back and see us soon!

Brian McClary