“Beyond our expectation -fabulous!”
Review of Heathman Lodge

Heathman Lodge
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oak Harbor, Washington
“Beyond our expectation -fabulous!”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We needed a nice, clean, comfortable and reasonably priced hotel while traveling. We got SO LUCKY in that we found Heathman Lodge in Vancouver, Wa. We were pleasantly surprised at the warm welcome we received while check in. We also thoroughly enjoyed the live piano music in the background. The restaurant was open late - thank goodness since we were checking in after normal dinner hours. The hotel was very clean, our room spacious, smelled nice and the bed and linens were quite comfortable. We enjoyed the lively and casual, comfortable atmosphere and would stay there again and again. We highly recommend at least a 2 night stay if you have the time. We thoroughly enjoyed it!

Room Tip: We stayed in the main lodge. So convenient to the restaurant/bar and other services.
1 Thank CherylJ22
NorthPacificMgnt, General Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay from the live piano to the clean, comfortable rooms. We hope to see you in the future!

Brett Wilkerson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Winchester, Idaho
Reviewed 7 September 2012

After a long week of work, my fiance and I stayed at the Heathman Lodge for the Labor Day weekend and used it as our base for enjoying the Vancouver/Portland area. I had stayed ere before and hosted a small conference here. This is an exceptional hotel that I would expect to find on Mt. Hood and not on an industrial street next to the shopping mall. Everything about this place was and is wonderful including the very friendly and accomodating staff. I was upgraded to the 4th floor, business floor. My only complaint is that families with young children were also staying on th 4th floor so there was the obligatory running and racing up and down the hall way accompanied by the yelling. I do no understand why parents allow this knowing that there may be guests trying to sleep or simply relax. The room was excellent and comfortable.

Room Tip: It appears to me that all rooms are in good locations.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Winezperce
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I had a bad experience at the Red Lion in Portland, but the Heathman saved my honeymoon night. I booked the Red Lion for my honeymoon night only after physically going to the hotel and looking at the rooms. I booked a suite with a jacuzzi and was under the impression that the presidential and parlor suites all had them, since I requested to only see rooms with jacuzzis. When we arrived on our honeymoon night and went the room, there was a huge walk in shower instead. We tried to call the front desk, but were put on hold for 10 minutes. I took our things and went down to the desk, but they did not have any more rooms. We checked out and did receive a full refund. I called the Heathman Lodge and had a suite with a jacuzzi before we left the parking lot and it was $100 cheaper. They were great and our suite came with breakfast. The room was also newer and more up-to-date. I recommend the Heathman Lodge to anyone for their first choice.

1 Thank JadeSierraRose
We are very happy to hear that we were able to take care of you on your honeymoon night! Hopefully we will get to see you in the future!

Hillsboro
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I recently stayed at the Heathman Lodge for my second time and had a great experience. Their rooms are awesome for the price and the staff is very friendly. The rooms are very spacious and the restaurant has a wonderful happy hour. I definitely plan to stay here again=)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Heather C
NorthPacificMgnt, General Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Thank you for taking time to write about your stay, I am happy to here both your stays have been great! We hope to see you in the future!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is a great place and a very comfortable stay. It was quiet, the atmosphere was pleasant as were the staff. The rooms are large and the beds comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised. The price with my AAA card is a true bargain. It is about 20 minutes outside of downtown Portland. My only negative is that my AAA book listed continental breakfast as included and it was not. That however would not deter me from staying here again. It's a great find and I'll plan on staying at Heathman Lodge whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
NorthPacificMgnt, General Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your stay, I am happy to hear that is was very enjoyable. I am sorry you did not get continental breakfast since you should have with AAA. I will talk with our staff to make sure this is not missed again.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 1 September 2012

WOW!!! Love this property, great location, great rooms, but the cherry on top is the staff. Stayed here in September 2012 after along day and problem after problem, we landed at Heathman Lodge for great service!! Justin at the front desk took my reservation and had goodies waiting for me. What a treat to turn a bad day into a great evening!!! Local gem for Vancouver!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
NorthPacificMgnt, General Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments, and we will make sure Justin reads your review. He is outstanding in going above and beyond for guests! We hope to see you in the future!

Hood River, Oregon
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Having stayed here many times, I continue to be overwhelmed by the hospitality that is demonstrated by every staff member from the desk to the room staff. The price is a 2 or 3 star venue while the exceptional experience is FIVE Star. If you are traveling through, then the Heathman is well situated to the airport, downtown Portland, and other prime locations.

Room Tip: Four floor is for business folks with a complementary breakfast and social in the evening.
CharlieVVancouver,

Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear that each of your stays are great! We hope to see you again!