“I would give 3.5* if I could” 3 of 5 bubbles

Heathman Lodge
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lake Stevens, Washington
“I would give 3.5* if I could”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Nice hotel disguised as a lodge near Vancouver, WA. This hotel is located on the outskirts of town, so that is something that you should consider. Rooms were comfortable and clean and the on site restaurant looked inviting. Front desk staff was pleasant and room service was fantastic!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NorthPacificMgnt, Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Heathman Lodge and enjoyed our friendly and professional staff. We hope to see you in the future!

Yours Truly,

Brian McClary
Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Hood River, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I really should keep this delightful hotel a secret. What if everyone started staying here? Then I would loose my place of peace! The moment you enter the lobby the staff stands ready to delight you. I typically request their "fourth floor" which for a few dollars more has a great breakfast included. Weekdays there is also a business wine social in the same room. But let's get back to the main purpose of the facility, their rooms; Spacious, well decorated, comfortable. As a frequenter of the Lodge, my wife and I stayed for Valentine's Day. The staff had a bottle of wine, glasses, opener, and nice card to welcome us. Most hotels are built near business areas (airports, downtown, business streets). The Heathman Lodge is nestled in an area that provides quiet, yet near to PDX, downtown Portland and Vancouver. There is also a fabulous restaurant on the main floor. How great is that to have an awesome five star experience for a three star price accompanied by a five star Hudson Grill.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Lake Stevens, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I was there for a Gathering of Women - nearly 300 of us! The staff were friendly, accommodating and bent over backwards to help me. I was especially appreciative of the Front Desk personnel, especially Marnie, I believe that was the Front Desk persons name. She had taken my room reservation when I called in and set the tone for my stay at that time due to her positive, friendly manner. Check out was a breeze - 3 persons in our room, each billed separately, no questions asked! Eight of us had lunch Sunday before departing. Service was fantastic and the food was super. Thanks for taking care of us! The Heathman Lodge is someplace I can definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

The rooms were comfortable. Some have a tub and some have a shower only. The beds were excellent, and you will have a great nights sleep as long as your NOT near the elevator. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable and clean.

The restaurant and bar were enjoyable. I felt they could serve a continental breakfast for those who had no time to sit and enjoy a leisurely breakfast. The food was better than average. The staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure you are NOT near the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
seattle wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I usually am pretty good about looking around my room before checking out of a hotel. When I got home I realized I had left some personal belongings behind after all. Just when I was getting ready to call the Heathman an email showed up in my in box. It shared that the housekeeping staff had found some of my belongings. Please call they said so that we can arrange to get them back to you. Hooray! One of my best customer services experiences ever! Thanks to everyone at the Heathman. Oh and by the way, the lodging was also very comfortable and affordable.

Green Features: Excellent. Very green. Real coffee cups in the rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I live in Vancouver, Washington and I always love spending the night at the Heathman. I go there to spend the night for my anniversary, bunko get together with the ladies and happy hour. Not only have I had great service but the beds are so comfortable and I sleep so well. When friends/family come to town they stay there as well. The Happy Hour is fantastic and I think they have the best hamburgers in town as well as a great selection of quality food. Each time I've made sure I have breakfast as well.

Room Tip: All the rooms I've been in have been great.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
McMinnville, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is my third time staying at the Heathman Lodge. My daughter and I stayed here for a two-day conference, and were pleased with the cleanliness, comfort, and decor of our room. The beds were very comfortable, and those who like Tempurpedic mattresses will especially enjoy the added comfort it provides. Parking was plentiful, and the pace of life/atmosphere is very relaxed. Prices are reasonable, and the location near the mall and many good restaurants added to our overall satisfaction. Staff were superb--helpful, friendly, eager to serve. You don't get a free breakfast, so be prepared to spend on that meal. A good, reliable performer with an extra touch of rustic elegance and charm.

Room Tip: We recommend the third floor--less noise in the hallway and overhead.
Green Features: Committed, comprehensive approach to environment-friendly practices--more than the typical corporate lip-service and window-dressing, not just good imaging but leadership in this area..
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family