“Excellent Hotel”

Heathman Lodge
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I found the service, my room, and the amenities uniformly excellent. The room was clean, well lighted, and maintained at a comfortable temperature and the mattress on my bed was extraordinarily comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Heathman Lodge

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Beautiful lodge. You get the feeling that you are out of town but are not. My only complaint is the physical layout of the lodge. I had to walk through the meeting room area to get to the front desk. Very uncomfortable because meetings were occurring with the room doors open. The restaurant is open to the front desk, which was odd, and you have to walk right by it to get to the pool. Not ideal if you are wearing a swimsuit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Heathman L, Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hi Sharon, thank you for your feedback, we love that you felt like you were “out of town”. I am sorry to hear that you did not find our Lodge layout comfortable. I agree that we do have ample meeting room space on both sides of our hotel and sometimes they do keep their doors open. We do have three elevators throughout the hotel, with one being directly next to the lobby’s front desk, which would allow you to avoid the meeting space entirely from the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors. We are taking measures to provide new signage that will help navigate the best route to the pool area so that guests do not have to pass through the lobby. I hope that we can welcome you back in the future. Please contact me directly if you ever decide to visit us again.

Sincerely, Casey Anderson – Director of Culture – 360-816-6118

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Things started off badly at reception. Only one person on duty at four P.M.. Another lady and I waited least five minutes while one clerk explains the ins and out to a couple of old guys. (Every other time we went by the desk there was at least five to seven clerks on duty.) When one other receptionist showed up he ignored us until the first clerk pointed us out. Things went smoothly after that. I'd asked for a quiet side and of course I got the highway side. Quite noisy especially with the dude on the motorcycle going by at seven in the morning. Next the card keys I received didn't work. A trip down to reception to get that fixed. Up to the room on the fourth floor. Step back to 1955 except for the big screen TV. Rustic, I guess you call it. Very clean. Big room. Big bathroom. Comfortable beds. You can't roll around in bed because the foundations creak so much. The windows do open The internet was a tin can and string. It kept dropping the connection. Continental breakfast and evening light snacks in the hospitality room. Is it a good idea to have children where they serve beer and wine? Similar to a restaurant, I guess. On the list of amenities it states there are supposed to be robes in the room. Our room, no robes. I asked housekeeping for a couple so I wouldn't be charged for them after I checked out. The TV remote is hopeless. One of those eco-friendly types that you have to be standing next to the box to get it to work. I'll quit my rant now except for the last big thing. Some smacked into my rental car the last night we were there. Didn't bother to leave a note.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet North side. Of course you won't get it but ask anyway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank smperkin

Hi smperkin,
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and it seems as though we failed to deliver upon that during your stay. As you mentioned we usually have heavy front desk coverage, the issue of us not being attentive has been addressed with the staff to assure that it does not occur in the future. We also recently renovated our entire 4th floor with upgraded granite countertops and full tile bathrooms including our walk in showers. We will continue our renovation plan throughout the hotel as availability allows. Also it troubles me to hear about the quality of our internet connection. We are well known for having excellent bandwidth and recently added almost double what we previously had. We have not had any complaints since doing so and I will look into the matter and address this with our internet provider. Please contact me directly if you are ever back in Vancouver so that we can have the opportunity to serve you better.

Sincerely, Casey Anderson – Director of Culture – 360-816-6118

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I can't say enough about the Heathman Lodge. Very nice folks. Very good customer service. Nice rooms, great beds. The kids enjoyed it as well. My review isn't long, but I would DEFINITELY stay there again if we ever get back to the West coast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great location to Portland Airport. Quiet at night. The 4th floor beds were amazingly comfortable and so were the pillows! Check in was very accommodating to our early check in needs and Hudson's was a great place to stop and have lunch before our event at Sleep Country.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The rooms on the 3rd floor overlooking the woods. The King size bed room had a couch where as the 2 Queen size bed room had an overstuffed chair. Spacious room with desk, dresser, frigerator but no freezer. Coffee maker w/free coffee and 2 mugs. Cabinet for dishes if you brought them. Shower, no tub. Restaurant had smoke prime rib special that was FABULOUS. Several wines to choose from. Room service was quick and reasonable. Several events were being held at this Lodge but there is adequate parking and room for everyone. Shopping and restaurants just a 3 minute walk away. Bring bottled water because the tap water is horrible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed two nights here and thoroughly enjoyed it! Its convenient, yet off the freeway, rooms are large, beds are comfy, and staff was friendly. Just an excellent place to stay, we look forward to visiting again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple