Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskfred meyerhave stayed here many timesfull kitchenconvenient locationwalking distancestaff was friendlyeveshamkitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The hotel manager (Brandy) and front desk staff are the best! They are cheerful and professional. The room is clean and functional. When I requested a room change, the process was smooth and non- eventful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your kind words about Brandy as well as the entire hotel's staff. It's always great to hear that they were cheerful and professional.

Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

I'm pretty ocd about bugs so checking for them was the first thing I did. I was shocked, I actually found them! BED BUGS!!! In all my paranoia of checking, I've never actually found any before that! my bf and I called down and told them, they offered to switch rooms for us but didn't seem very alarmed/sympathetic! The lobby reeked like fish and when waiting to switch rooms, I overheard the lady in front of us switching rooms "again" (bed bugs too?!). we got switched to the new room without compensation for the situation and no apologies (seemed quite routine!) And things were okay at best. Beds were hard, shower head was not secure, kinda looked like it had been ripped out and wall patches around it. Everything in room was old and low quality. Come to find out in the morning, the fridge power was on but the cold temp was turned off the whole time so my juice and food was ruined. Yeah.... I'm not going back. Ever.

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank Tashwiba
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. I see as well that you stayed last year in April and since then we have had a full renovation and have had no occurances of pests. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at VAN@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Been here since October and the staff have been very helpfull. Julie on night Laundry always has a smile on her face and goes above and beyoned to help you. Brandi J has always been helpfull and friendly. The room was clean and neat and we have had no problems since we have been here. Bridegett always does my room and it is always looks great for me when i get back and she alway ask if i need anything. Overall all the staff here are helpfull.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Elizabeth P
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you for such a great review of our Extended Stay Amercia Vancouver hotel. It's always great to hear that the entire staff have made your stay more enjoyable. I will forward your comments about Julie and Bridgett to the entire staff. Thank you again for such a great review and if there's anything else you need please don't hesitate to contact me @ VAN@extendedstay.com

Reviewed 9 March 2013

This was the first time I had stayed at one of the hotels in this chain, and I must say that I was extremely impressed with their Vancouver, Washington location. My room was neat and clean, the features were exactly as advertised, and the staff was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. (I especially liked that there was a security lock on the main entrance doors, but you could use your room key to gain access.) My bed was very comfortable and there was lots of hot water for a much-needed, lengthy shower! Thank you Becky for being so wonderful! I will definitely stay here again when I need a quiet place to work...

Room Tip: I would recommend staying staying on the north wing of the hotel. There are fewer rooms and my corner unit was extremely quiet and peaceful. The main wing seems to have a bit more traffic later in the evening.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SebastianM12_13
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our Extended Stay America Portland-Vancouver. It's great to hear that your first time experience exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Becky about her exceptional customer service. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future when you need a quite place to work!

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Room was very nice,clean & quiet. Front desk staff were knowledgeable and pleasant. Could have used a hair dryer. Resturant was not attached but Elmers was across the street and was very good for B'Fast. Getting into the facilities was relatively easy, but getting out of the parking lot and onto the main street to get to freeways was a little difficult and required you to figure out were to travel. Traffic was very heavy on the roads. Did not notice any signage for route directing, could have used signs.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 2012StepM

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable hotel stay. We do offer hair dryer at the fornt desk upon request. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.