Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Arlington, Texas
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Very Good Costumer Services by Janet and Julie at Front Desk, They Know How to Costumer Service in the Hospitality Business, and Hotel is Very Clean and in a Good Area, all the Hotels Around this Location Look Crappy, But Soon You Arrive You Have the Best Impression in You Live, Thank You Janet and Julie for the Great Experience.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Our stay was not going well, mix up in reservations, sold out accommodations in a no freaks hotel. Boo.However, the staff was so friendly and did everything they could to make our stay so much nicer. The rooms were clean we were pleased with the service we received.
JUST REMEMBER, You GET What you PAY FOR.this is a no freaks hotel

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that there was a mix-up with your reservation. Still, I am happy that our staff was able to correct the issue in a timely fashion, while providing friendly service.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Extended Stay America hotel in Vancouver, WA. The staff was friendly, courteous, respectful, professional & everyone had plenty of smiles & a wonderfully refreshing positive attitude/vibe throughout my stay. The rooms were comfortable. The rooms had soothing, warm tasteful decor unlike other hotels in my price point with obnoxiously tacky & gauche colors. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was spacious. The air conditioner worked well. The place I stayed was recently remodeled & they did a wonderful job arranging the decor. My room had a two burner stove, a microwave, a full sized fridge, flat screen TV & nice looking furniture for a hotel. Tasteful & more features & benefits than I actually needed. This hotel was a GREAT value for what I paid to be there over the weekend. Wonderful job everyone!!!

SIncerely,
SA

Room Tip: Book in advance. Be polite & if they happen to overbook the room type you requested, get there e...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sean - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that my hotel staff made your stay more enjoyable for you and your family. It was a true pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Reserved this hotel after customer service said "Our rooms are meticulously cleaned after a pet guest stays here...curtains are changed, the entire room is thoroughly cleaned..." Not the case, room was not vacuumed, there were pet toys under the bed, spilled food on the refrigerator and heater, blankets had food and hair. Gross...just gross. On the plus side, the hotel staff were nice and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank English C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that our pet policy cleanliness issues were not up to standard. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I have talked to my entire team about making sure all pet rooms get deep cleaned before the next guest is in the room. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at VAN@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Bainbridge Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I had previously spent 3 nights here and it was fine.I did miss the room refreshing that I got at other hotels,but it was ok,this was a first floor accessible room. My second stay was a 3rd floor smoking room,it didnt seem too bad but it turned out to be,not very clean and yucky things under the bed. also flatware and glasses weren't very clean. after some loud unplesantness in the parking lot,I decided to leave and drove the 170 miles home.

Room Tip: I would only have a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The items you found under your bed and the cleanliness of your flatware and glasses you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to be double checking under the beds to insure all items and or trash is removed from every guest. I will also be making sure that all dishes are properly cleaned as well. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at VAN@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Tacoma, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

Clerk was not friendly to me for some odd reason. She was chatty with those before and after me. Additionally she was not helpful when I came down and informed her the room was not what I reserved. I have stayed at other Extended stay sites and I have a friend and her family that have also done so. We never had any problems before. This put a bad twist on my first time visit to Vancouver, WA. I actually considered checking in to one of the other 4 hotels in the immediate area. It made me feel that bad. There were some workers who were nicer; but buyer beware...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lynitra
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Lynitra - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The front desk issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to the front desk staff to make sure your experience is not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at VAN@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

The hotel manager (Brandy) and front desk staff are the best! They are cheerful and professional. The room is clean and functional. When I requested a room change, the process was smooth and non- eventful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your kind words about Brandy as well as the entire hotel's staff. It's always great to hear that they were cheerful and professional.