“Comfortable Accomodations - Friendly Staff”

Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Liked it here so much we extended another day. Great location right off freeway with good restaurants nearby. Only negative is that it was a little noisy with both traffic noise (OK with drapes drawn) and noisy neighbors. Had a kid who screamed and dog that barked occasionally across the hall and another in a neighboring room who was very noisy until after 9 pm. Lots of comments regarding the rooms needing renovating but the one we had was modern and like new. I was impressed with the pies at Shari's within walking distance but stay away from the Mongolian Grill that is very highly rated due to some questionable reviews (all submitted around the same time and all 5 stars but no accompanying comments) that skewed the rating up to 4+ stars. This place was decent, served lots of average quality food at reasonable prices but a little dingy. Just overrated.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that we were able to provide you with such a comfortable stay. As well, I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location and our friendly staff. Still, I apologize for the noise problems you encountered during your stay with us. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver

Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was by far the best extended stay hotel Ive stayed at yet. And believe me Ive stayed at quite a few. The management and staff bent over backwards to satisfy what ever I needed. The rooms were big, clean, and remodeled. The laundry room was also clean. Free coffee, muffins and snacks every morning, it doesn't get much better than that. Surprisingly, their prices were also very affordable. The only thing I could possibly recommend is for them to get outside (parking lot) security camera's. Even though my car was never messed with, I think it would be a great additional touch of excellence for that hotel. All in all thank you very much Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver. Dan Mastrosimone

Room Tip: As always, get a room with no one above you, or on either side..
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The rooms have been partially renovated. The bathroom had an old cracked sink and counter top and an ancient faucet that barely went over the sink and was pitted. The shower had less pressure than most motels, but the water was hot. Make certain you have your own dishwashing soap and bath soap also if you want enough to lather up. The room had a candy wrapper left on the reclining chair, the ceiling fan and top of the refrigerator were filthy: the rest of the room appeared clean. The room has a refrigerator, a small microwave and a two burner cooktop. Cook ware and dishes and bowls were adequate for two people if washed after each use. The room had two flat screen televisions, one in the bedroom area and one in a sitting area with a sofa and a recliner,a coffee table and a desk and chair. The kitchen/bedroom area also had a small table and two chairs. The room itself was large and the heat and A/C worked fine. There is an elevator in the building, so stay on the 3rd floor if possible. Enough shopping and restaurants nearby to satisfy. Overall I would stay there again for the price for a room with a kitchenette.

Room Tip: Stay on the north side of the motel, 3rd floor if possible
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This is the worst hotel i have ever been to. No exaggeration at all.
I booked my stay at 11:30 pm. I got the room 3:30 am.

There was no on at the reception.. They put a girl name natasha (house keeper) who did not know any thing. After multiple attempts she told us to come back at 7 am. Are you serious?

There was a sign saying the representative was helping other guests. There was no one at all.

Making matter worse, i called corporate and the lady after 45 minutes tells me to go to another extended stay 11 miles further down and pay $75. Lets keep in mind that i have al ready paid for this hotel.

The doors were locked. We were given one option to come back at 7 am or forget about this.

Finally at 3:15 am, manager called the house keeper and dictated her what to do. They forcefully kept my id and credit card. They put us in a room that had no shampoos and soap.

This is absolutely unacceptable.

Room Tip: Do not stay here otherwise suit yourself.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Yoshimittsu
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This hotel is great for last minute planning and is very flexible and always have options that can fit in customer requirements. I stayed in a double bed King's room and the staff was corteous. The price was very less for a last inuteplaning.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a cheap hotel in the last minute. then this is the hotel for you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that we were able to accommodate your family's needs on such short notice and that my staff was friendly and courteous. Also, I am happy to hear that the rate was affordable and suited your needs.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Friendly staff, clean, comfortable rooms with all the amenities. I highly recommend selecting this hotel for your next stay in the area. There is a Fred Meyer and Walmart with a very short distance. Starbucks is in walking distance and I 205 is right there, five to ten minutes from Portland International Airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our hotel location worked so well for you. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

This is a nice extended stay hotel in Vancouver. It's close to the highway and convenient to most attractions in Vancouver. There are several restaurants and grocery stores within a five minute radius of the hotel.
It has a complete kitchen with two place settings. It has an iron and ironing board. No hair dryer is provided. There's a TV but no TV guide with program listings.

Things I didn't like: very little exhaust in the room, including the bathroom. There was a vent on the range hood which vented back into the room! I bought a small fan for the bathroom to prevent mold and mildew from forming after showers. In the bathroom there was what looked like a passive air vent but it didn't do much.

There were no daytime curtains, only blackout curtains. I bought an inexpensive set of sheer curtains so I could keep the blackout curtains open during the day. These were necessary because there were always people hanging around in the parking lot.
Also, there's a Motel 6 next door and the residents of the Motel 6 keep a constant watch over the parking lot. I always felt like I was being watched as I came and went, so much that I often used a door on the far side of the hotel just to avoid this. There are no surveillance cameras in the parking lot or on the entrances (I asked). No security.

Suggestions for if you're staying a while:

Choose a room on the north-facing side of the hotel. You'll get a view of the trees instead of the other motels in the area. For privacy choose a room on the second or third floor (also because there's no way to lock your windows when they're open).

They don't do a great job cleaning, so it's safer and more secure to just clean your own room. I was there for a month and my toilet was cleaned only once. It was only cleaned then because I asked them to come back and finish cleaning my room (there was a nasty black ring of mildew in my toilet that they had neglected to clean). The day they returned to clean my room, my door was left propped open for eight hours until I returned and found it open. I could have lost everything I owned, or worse, someone could have let themselves into my room and waited for me to return. I wouldn't have had a chance.

Even with all these negatives, though, I would still stay here again (but I'd clean my own room). The staff were super friendly and helpful, and made a point to know me by name. The laundry was nice and the lobby was nice. It's in a good location. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Suggestions for if you're staying a while: Choose a room on the north-facing side of the hote...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that the housekeeping and security fell below your expectations. Please accept my apology. I am going to discuss your review with my team to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you have any additional comments, please reach out to me at van@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.