Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
“Front Desk”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I spend about 80 percent of the year on the road traveling for work, and have come across some rude help, Karma was wonderful very helpful always smiling and made my stay enjoyable. I wish all the front desk help was as good as her.
John

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The room was ok, but daily maid service was not included. You have to return your dirty towels to the front desk to get clean ones. No pool or workout facility. Breakfast was muffins, cereal bars, some fresh fruit, and coffee........ Nothing special about this property!

Room Tip: Noise transfer is easy, I would suggest 3rd floor so there is nobody above.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BoiseIdahoJake
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I got in really late to the hotel, slept for about 4 hours, and left really early the next day . . . most of what I wanted was a comfortable, quiet place to stay. This hotel provided comfort and quiet, and the front desk clerk was friendly and hospitable.

The only frustrating part of my stay was not having in my room some things I am used to having provided by a hotel: shampoo and a hair dryer. When ready to shower, I had to go back to the front desk to ask for shampoo. The clerk happily gave me some, and I went back to my room. After my shower, I wanted to dry my hair . . . back downstairs I went, in my pajamas, for a hair dryer. With precious little time for sleep, having to traipse back and forth for these items was really frustrating.

The hotel offers a free "grab and go" breakfast. I was able to take a granola bar when I left; that was appreciated.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here for 10 days and it exceeded my expectations. The convenience of having a refrigerator, microwave and 2 burners allowed cooking in the room. The place was quiet and staff accomodating. The bathroom could have been a little cleaner as I felt I needed to clean it when we got there otherwise I was satisfied overall.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Liked it here so much we extended another day. Great location right off freeway with good restaurants nearby. Only negative is that it was a little noisy with both traffic noise (OK with drapes drawn) and noisy neighbors. Had a kid who screamed and dog that barked occasionally across the hall and another in a neighboring room who was very noisy until after 9 pm. Lots of comments regarding the rooms needing renovating but the one we had was modern and like new. I was impressed with the pies at Shari's within walking distance but stay away from the Mongolian Grill that is very highly rated due to some questionable reviews (all submitted around the same time and all 5 stars but no accompanying comments) that skewed the rating up to 4+ stars. This place was decent, served lots of average quality food at reasonable prices but a little dingy. Just overrated.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that we were able to provide you with such a comfortable stay. As well, I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location and our friendly staff. Still, I apologize for the noise problems you encountered during your stay with us. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was by far the best extended stay hotel Ive stayed at yet. And believe me Ive stayed at quite a few. The management and staff bent over backwards to satisfy what ever I needed. The rooms were big, clean, and remodeled. The laundry room was also clean. Free coffee, muffins and snacks every morning, it doesn't get much better than that. Surprisingly, their prices were also very affordable. The only thing I could possibly recommend is for them to get outside (parking lot) security camera's. Even though my car was never messed with, I think it would be a great additional touch of excellence for that hotel. All in all thank you very much Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver. Dan Mastrosimone

Room Tip: As always, get a room with no one above you, or on either side..
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Granite Bay
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The rooms have been partially renovated. The bathroom had an old cracked sink and counter top and an ancient faucet that barely went over the sink and was pitted. The shower had less pressure than most motels, but the water was hot. Make certain you have your own dishwashing soap and bath soap also if you want enough to lather up. The room had a candy wrapper left on the reclining chair, the ceiling fan and top of the refrigerator were filthy: the rest of the room appeared clean. The room has a refrigerator, a small microwave and a two burner cooktop. Cook ware and dishes and bowls were adequate for two people if washed after each use. The room had two flat screen televisions, one in the bedroom area and one in a sitting area with a sofa and a recliner,a coffee table and a desk and chair. The kitchen/bedroom area also had a small table and two chairs. The room itself was large and the heat and A/C worked fine. There is an elevator in the building, so stay on the 3rd floor if possible. Enough shopping and restaurants nearby to satisfy. Overall I would stay there again for the price for a room with a kitchenette.

Room Tip: Stay on the north side of the motel, 3rd floor if possible
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple