“Felt like it was our own mansion”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Lewiston, Idaho
“Felt like it was our own mansion”
Reviewed 21 April 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a week . My husband and I and then our daughter with her husband and 3 young children. I had read on tripadvisor that this was a great hotel for the price. We were not disappointed! Large, comfortable rooms, very clean, great service plus swimming and breakfast! What a deal. We look forward to going there again someday.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cjp5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 14 November 2010

OK, I was tired and just wanted to get into the hotel and rest. I hadn't eaten, driven several hours in lousy traffic, had some trouble finding the place (thank goodness for NAV systems!). On check-in, I asked if there was a nearby location where I could get a breakfast for dinner, and, lo and behold, very nearby there was an Elmer's to which I could have walked if it weren't raining.

The room was cozy and warm, the TV was large-screen with a great picture, the bed was just right with soft pillows from which to choose...and I fell asleep immediately.

The breakfast room is spacious (often an issue at these hotel types) and had meat on the buffet rather than just u-bake waffles, etc. Boiled eggs, scrambled eggs and bread choices were above average.

Overall, though I needed to be on my way early the next morning, I found myself energized by this place...a feeling that does not attend most of my overnight stays. Parking is very adequate, easy to get on the freeway to head north or south (to Portland). Stay here! Oh, did I mention that this is a nonsmoking, pet-free facility?

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank SoundviewWest
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 3 November 2010

We selected this hotel due to being in the area for a concert. Upon arriving, the employee checking us in was very helpful. He gave us information on the area, as well as the best way to get to the venue we would be going to. We were traveling with our toddler aged son and the employees offered to get him a snack from the breakfast area even with it being outside of the time it was open.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank ssickles
Kimefox, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, 5 July 2011
Ssickles,

Thank you so much for sharing your review of our hotel. We all love what we do here and it's just a bonus to get to hear possitive feedback from our guests! Thanks for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you and that darling little guy again!

madison, wisconsin, USA
Reviewed 21 October 2010

First time to this area. The hotel was very clean, comfortable, and staff was wonderful. The hotel staff and setting made you feel at home. Managers reception was very inviting, and the staff made you feel welcome. I have never been to a hotel that has felt this comfortable, or that the staff has made me feel "at home." I highly recommend staying at this hotel.

1 Thank ibcher
Kimefox, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, 23 October 2010
Ibcher,

Thank you so very much for your kind comments. I was really happy to be able to share them with my staff. They, like I do, take pride in their work and I am pleased to see that it was obvious to you, that they love what they do.

We do our manager's social, Mon-Fri, and it sure seems popular with the guests. So happy that you got to join in the fun!

Thanks for staying with us, and we will look forward to seeing you again, on your next visit to Vancouver.

Olympia
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Easily the friendliest staff I have encountered at a hotel. And I mean all staff day and night clerks and cleaning staff. Clean comfortable rooms and common areas. The only negatives were I had asked for a late check out, but twice the cleaning person was at my door (even with a do not disturb door hanger), and I was called by the front desk to ask if I was checking out. The other negative is you need to bring your own sugar substitute if you want something other than sugar or sweet-n-low for your coffee. Both are truly minor issues, yet are things that matter to me. But, I would recommend as a great moderate priced hotel.

1 Thank livinlife6204
livinlife6204,

I will first start with the most important thing here, and that is a great big I'M SORRY! I am pretty sure I know exactly who you are, and even though there is not an excuse for it, this is what happened. When you arranged for the late check out, it was not a problem at all, what was the problem, was that we wrote down the wrong room number! This didn't click with the front desk, until after we had realized that we had bothered you, for the 3rd time (soooo soooo sorry). This should never have happened and like I said, had we written down the correct room number, it definitely wouldn't have. With hotels doing express check outs, it is often that housekeeping does not know when the guest has left their room and often guests leave and forget to take the do not disturb signs off. But like I said, it shouldn't have happened and I can promise you, it won't happen the next time you stay with us.

And now for the fun, positive stuff ~ thank you so much for sharing with us, and all the other readers, your kind comments about my staff and hotel. The staff here, truly loves what they do and I am glad that this is how it is perceived through a guest's eyes too.

I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Vancouver. Please ask to speak to me, so I can put a face with a review.

Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 October 2010

The staff and management are great. I felt like part of the family. I travel a lot and stay at Holiday Inn Express mostly and this is the best of them all.

1 Thank knightbandit
knightbandit,

By the looks of your picture, this must be Brian! Thank you for your kind comments, and coming back to stay with your "family on the road". The whole staff was pleased to see you again and I thank you so much for sharing such kind comments.

Hope to see you again. Take care~

Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Very nice place with very clean standards, safe location, good breakfast, nice manager reception during weekdays, and staff is incredible.
My husband borrowed my phone charger out of my car and forgot to put it back, I mentioned that I was going to have to buy a new one and the front desk assistant Tammy asked what kind of phone I had and it ended up she had the same charger. She called her husband and had him bring me a charger to borrow during my stay. Amazing customer service.
Kim, the manager, was so friendly and full of information. She had great suggestions for dinner and anything I needed.
I was there for a business trip and due to the customer service, I have now arranged for our entire franchise to stay there when in Vancouver.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!

2 Thank butterflymegan
Kimefox, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, 10 October 2010
butterflymegan,

First I would like to thank you for your feedback; we are pleased to hear that your stay with us went well.

Our facility is designed for guest's convenience and comfort, and above all, safety. I am pleased to hear that you felt we achieved all of these goals, during your stay with us.

Regarding our Team Members, they are always happy to help you make the most of your stay and we always like to hear when something we did specifically for a guest, meant a lot to the guest too!

We look forward to welcoming you, and the rest of your co-workers, back to our hotel. Thank you, again, for your kind comments.