“best Managed HIE hands down”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Roseville, California
“best Managed HIE hands down”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I can not say how much I like this HIE, the Staff and especially the manager. I travel the entire western US on business and there is no place better then the Inn in vancouver washington. to start with it has what you expect from HIE, newer, clean and confortable rooms combined with good neighborhoods and a nice breakfast and those great Prority points. Now comes the extras only found here. Everynight the manager is there acting as the host serving wine and something lite to eat like homemade soups. this is done in the breakfast room and she goes around and talks to everyone making sure they are confortable. She also has a movie lending library so guest can check out a movie for free to watch and each room is equiped with 32 inch tv and vcr along with the Microwave and refig. Service is also great asThis morning I woke up to snow and the rental car company gave me no snow scraper but not to worry, they had a stack on them on the counter so guests could clean off there cars. The busness center is the best I have ever seen. In addition to the usual aray of things there is a fax machine and Fedex, Express mail and UPS paperwork everything works properly unlike half the business centers I have been in. If your in the Portland or Vancouver wa area you have to stay here you will not be dispointed. I have been returning here for years and love it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bruce w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Medford, Oregon, USA
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This hotel has everything I've come to expect from Holiday Inn Express and so much more! In addition to very comfortable accomodations and great service, they also have a huge selection of complimentary DVD's you can check-out and an evening manager's reception. After flying into Portland one cold, rainy night I was too tired to try to go out and find something for dinner. Luckily for me, the manager had just put the hot, leftover soup from the reception into to-go containers, complete with crackers, spoon, and napkin. I couldn't have asked for a better ending to a long day. I will definitely stay here whenever I am in the Vacouver or Portland area!

Room Tip: Definitely recommend staying away from the rooms sharing a wall with the elevator, unless you can sl...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Sonya M
Kim F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Sonya M,

Thanks so much for the kind review you gave our hotel. It is always great to hear that a guest enjoyed themselves and that they got to take advantage of the many amenities that we offer. The nightly soup sure seems to come in handy for the tired, hungry guest! :-)

Whether we are starting off your day or end a long one, we will always strive to make your stay with us as close to being at home as possible. The next time you are with us, please stop by our evening social and introduce yourself to me. I love to put faces with names - Sonya from Medford! Thanks again, and hope to see you soon.

Langley, Washington
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I recently flew to the PDX area (Vancouver, WA) and booked two rooms in this hotel. I had been working overseas for the past 3 yrs and haven't seen my sons or their families so I wanted to surprise them. I talked with my oldest son and they drove down from Seattle while I flew from Yuma. We then spent a couple days together with my youngest son and his family who didn't know what was about to happen. Needless to say the surprise was great. I saw all four of my grandkids, both daughter-in-laws and spent a few days back in the PacNW. Boy it was good to be back in the rain after my overseas assignment in SWA.

Enough about my family and back to the purpose of this review. I expect a lot from Holiday Inn since I have spent many nights in Asia and have come to enjoy the comforts presented by the IHG group in Asia. This hotel, though not the InterContinnental in Bangkok, was comfortable and the staff was just as helpful as the staff at the InterCon. The room was very comfortable and clean. The HIE breakfast bar is very good for what they serve and the breakfast bar area was clean and well stocked even with a college basketball team having made a breakfast run before I went down to eat. The front desk staff and housekeeping were also very friendly and helpful.

All in all, I will definitely stay here again when I come back to see my family in this area. This HIE is great and value priced for all you get.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: If you like fresh air and sleep with the window open then choose an odd numbered room since sleeping...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SilentService613
Kim F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, 8 January 2012
Silent Service613,

So nice to read your review of our hotel! I actually enjoyed hearing about your family and what it was that brought you to our hotel - so thank you for that part. I love surprises and I bet your family did too.

It means so much to us, when we get feedback about how positive a guest's stay was - that is how it should be and I am glad we met your expectations! Although we aren't a 5 star Intercontinental Hotel brand - we certainly pride ourselves in offering 5 star service and appreciate you taking the time to comment on it.

As you have family in the area, I hope you get back to see them again, and that you come and stay with us again too. If we do get the chance to host you again, please ask for me. I like to put faces with reviews whenever possible.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Next time
Ritzville, Washington
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed here two nights December 17th and 18th in 2011. The front desk was very pleasant upon check-in and had everything ready for us upon arrival. Our son had called and requested directions to an Office Depot the following day and the directions were all printed off for us. The rooms were very clean and quiet. We were on the third floor and didn't hear a sound. The breakfast was more than what we needed including hot eggs, sausage or bacon one day, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt, orange juice, muffins, bagels, etc. We used the hot tub one night and found it very clean and hot just the way we wanted. This place was recommended by our son who travels in the area and we would definitely stay here again. The reasonable price was defintely part of our consideration in choosing this hotel. (around $75.00) - AAA rates.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Lynn G
Keevygz,

Thanks so much for taking time to complete a review about your recent stay with us in Vancouver. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to assist you with directions. I hope you get to come visit the area again and would be very thankful should you choose to stay with us again.

Happy New Year!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Located in Vancouver, Washington, The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites is a fantastic place to stay for a relaxing weekend away or a full vacation. Located minutes away from both downtown Vancouver and Portland Oregon, the hotel is well suited to both business and relaxation.

Upon check-in, the staff was extremely welcoming and helpful, offering us a map of various points of interest nearby as well as directions to a nearby restaurant that we had asked about. There were also fresh apples and cookies available as well as coffee in the lobby. Upon entering our room, we found it was not only clean and very inviting but also had a very peaceful and quiet setting which made it an ideal place to relax after a very busy day.

From the spacious room that had a comfortable living room area complete with a couch, table and television, there was also a nook that was set apart from the main room which featured a second television, table, and comfortable chair which my wife found to be a nice area to put her feet up and read. The bedroom was spacious and also included a television as well as a phone, stereo, clock radio and ample closet space.

I was happy to see that the television offered more than the standard 12 channels, instead we had our choice of full range of cable options as well as movie channel which certainly left us no shortage of options for our viewing needs. The room also had a mini fridge and microwave which proved very convenient.

Aside from a business center that offered fax and computer access, the hotel has a comfortable indoor pool as well as a spacious hot tub and sauna. The hotel offered free wireless Internet which was ideal for all of our needs.

The hotel offers a breakfast buffet every morning complete with great cinnamon rolls, bacon, biscuits and gravy as well as a full Continental Breakfast. This was a great surprise as omelettes were also included in the mix and it was great to enjoy a hot breakfast as well as a selection of coffee and juice.

One does not often find this level of service and attention to detail for which more costly hotels would nickel and dime you. From the fantastic service of the staff, a very comfy room, the hearty breakfast buffet, and a location central to shopping and dining options, the Holiday Inn Express Vancouver offered everything a traveler could want and more, at an extremely reasonable price.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Garethmb
Paul W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, 21 February 2016
Hi Garethmb,

Thank you for your detailed guest satisfaction review.
We are happy you stayed with us and hope you return soon to stay with us in the future.

Safe travels,

Paul W.
AGM Director of Sales and Marketing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver/Portland North
Vancouver, WA USA
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I had a great stay at the holiday inn express & suites ... Can't wait to go back !

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Bletsom
Kim F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, 17 December 2011
Bletsom,

Well as a person of very few words, I will follow suit ~ I'm glad you had a great stay & we hope to see you again! :-)

Moses Lake, Washington
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I stayed here for 10 days on business. During the week, the have complimentary beer/wine and soup in the evenings. When you are on per diem, this makes a big difference! The manager (bartender) even knows her sports!!!! Nothing better than watching MNF while discussing sports with people who know sports! Rooms are spacious and well equipped.

Room Tip: Dont get room next to elevator, the snack and ice machines there are NOISY! 4th floor has best view...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Dan N
Kim F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Dan N.,

Thank you for your super review of our hotel. Staying 10 days in a hotel is tough, and I am happy we could make this stay comfortable and enjoyable for you.

I love talking to the guests at our evening social, especially when there are sporting events on. MNF is one of my favorites too!

I hope to see you again, on your next trip to Vancouver. We do appreciate you choosing us!