Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed with 2 friends at this hotel over the week of July 4 when we were visiting Portland. While the entire was great (wide selection of dvds to watch in the rooms, comfortable beds), we were most impressed by the helpfulness of Gracie, one of the breakfast attendants. She helped us out a few times on where to find things near the hotel (grocery store, etc) and on the day we were headed to the Columbia River Gorge, she gave us suggestions of where to go and even gave us some maps that she (the hotel?) had. She was pleasant to talk with and we noticed that she gave this kind of service to the other guests that she came in contact with. I would not hesitate to stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank PTtravels
Paul W, Paul Weston, AGM - Director of Sales & Marketing at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear PTtravels:

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your praise for Gracie our Breakfast hostess here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vancouver Mall.

Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

The principal goal of our hotel is to provide consistent, dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Of course it comes from honest thoughtfulness when you truly love what you do.

I will share you great review with her and our entire staff.

I glad we made your day!

Reviewed 29 June 2012

I stayed in Portland for 4 days at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Great location next to the mall. The hotel had excellent free breakfast and great group of employees who were very friendly. They even had free wine and beer for customers during the weekdays (i've never been to a hotel that does this~!). The building was new and the rooms were huge and clean. There was even a little sink and a refrigerator. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel had free DVD collections that you could watch in the room. The swimming pool and the hot tub was a nice way to end the trip. I was surprised to find that the pool was open until midnight every night! What a find this place was... would definitely go back to it next time I'm in Portland~

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark C
Paul W, Paul Weston, DOS - Director of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Good day Mark C.,

What a great title for a review – Awesome Hotel - and this is exactly how we want you to feel when you are our guests!

I love it when guests get the opportunity to visit our nightly social. It’s a great chance to meet other travelers, chat with our staff and a great opportunity to catching up with the regulars and/or meet the new folks that have just discovered we are here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review for us - this is the best way for potential guests to find out why they should stay with us, and I appreciate it so much.

I will share your kind words regarding our staff. Good service depends upon people willing to give their very best always. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We look forward to seeing you again, on your next visit to the Vancouver / Portland area.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 28 June 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for about 25 out of the last 45 days and enjoyed the accommodations, service, location and most of all; the personal attention by the manager Gary Bang and the front desk 's friendly and extremely efficient service by Noel Sanchez. Gary had soups and wines every tues, wed, thursday and seemed to know most of the guests by their first names and their preferences. The breakfast provided was handled in an efficient, friendly manner every day and made it a good way to start the day. I will return to this hotel whenever in Vancouver, WA or Portland, Oregon. Thank you very much to to Gary and all of his staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jfbryant45
Paul W, Paul K. Weston, AGM - Director of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Hello jfbryant45,

to receive your kind words of praise for both my boss Gary and one of our front desk team members Noel.

As a senior contributor in public reviews; It means a tremendous amount to the staff and I to receive such a positive review. Especially given the fact that you have produced forty contributions in your travels. I’m sure you have seen it all; the best and the worst that a hotel delivers to each and every guest.

That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. I will share your experiences and comments with the entire staff.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your return visit with us.

Safe journeys,

Reviewed 21 June 2012

an awesome location that was quiet. the beds were comfortable. they had a DVD player and DVD's that you could also use (we didn't but a cool option). They let us have a later check out which was helpful since my niece ran the half marathon on Sunday am. The pool and hot tub were nice and clean as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LisaErickson

Good day LisaErickson,

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Vancouver Portland North.

to receive your outstanding review of the hotel staff services and cleanliness.

Good service depends upon a team of people willing to give their very best at all times.
That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our team member’s efforts and takes the time to say thanks you.

The next time you visit the Vancouver area, please come stay with us.

Again, thank you very much Lisa for your awesome review. I will share it with our entire staff.

Faithfully yours,

Reviewed 18 June 2012

We were here overnight for a wedding at Fort Vancouver. The hotel is about 5-10 minutes away.

I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. The rooms are a bit tight- in fact the hotel is all a bit compact and tight. But the place is clean.

Holiday Inn Express does a great job of making the place as cozy as possible. There is a gathering room that has a shelf of books- it seems for the taking, family board games for your use while there and free, available DVD movies to borrow for the evening as well. Add to that a very clean pool and spa, and a workout room- everyone has something to entertain them.

When we went to use the pool, there were no towels on deck. When we requested some for the pool area, a staff member was there immediately stocking them.

The hotel offers a free continental breakfast from 6:30- 9:30 and it is lovely. There is variety and plenty. The morning we ate there was a pancake making machine, cinnamon rolls, omelets, toast, bagels, muffins, English muffins, yogurt, cold cereal, fruit, juice,milk, hot chocolate, tea, coffee... lots of food.

Rooms have a flat screen, microwave, fridge, hair dryer, and coffee maker.

Really a good deal for a clean room with friendly service.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pinkpepper9

Good day pinkpepper9,

Thank you for your excellent review of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Vancouver Portland North.

to receive your positive appraisal regarding the hotel cleanliness. This is especially exciting to our hotel housekeeping team members.

Given the hours are long and filled with demanding tasks, in the effort to make each and every room “just right” it is our ultimate goal to exceed the guest cleanliness expectations every day, every time.
That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our housekeeping and houseman staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thanks you.

The next time you visit the Vancouver area, I encourage you to return to stay with us.

Again, thank you very much for your awesome review. I’ll share it with our entire staff.

Crisp linen awaits you,

Reviewed 6 June 2012

My husband was interviewing for a job in the Vancouver area and I traveled with him to see the sights of Washington and Oregon. This hotel was in a great location. It is only about 2 blocks from many dining options and a large shopping mall. The area around the hotel is nice and we saw many walkers on the side streets. The night shift desk clerk (Noel) was wonderful. He not only gave us a map of dining options, but gave us coupons to use at many of them (for free appetizers, free dessert, or 10% off). We stayed over a long weekend and it wasn't busy. Breakfast is a standard holiday inn express breakfast (eggs, sausage, biscuit & gravy, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagel, muffin, cinnamon roll). We ate our breakfast and asked for a "to go bag" and put a few items in it for snacking throughout our sightseeing. The room was clean, the bathroom well lit (good for make-up ladies), and the bed was comfortable with a variety of many pillows (firm to soft). The pool & spa was well kept and from 10pm - midnight it is adults only. They keep some board games, books, and MANY DVDs to borrow in the main dining room (new and old titles). It is a 5 minute drive from downtown Vancouver (I highly recommend the downtown weekend farmer's market), right off the freeway, and only about 15 minutes from the airport. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mcdana22

Good day mcdana22,

Thank you for your positive review of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Vancouver Portland North.

On behalf of our entire hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were
to receive your kind words of praise regarding “the night shift desk clerk (Noel) was wonderful”.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thanks you.

The next time you visit the Vancouver area I encourage you to join our Manager Reception in the evening Monday~ Thursday. It’s fun and insightful.

I hope that your husband’s employment search meets with much success

Again, thank you very much for your great review. I will share it with our entire staff.

Always a pleasure to serve,

Reviewed 23 May 2012

My son and I came to town to visit family for Christmas, 2011 and stayed in this hotel for about a week. We stayed in a "suite" that was advertised as having a separate room, but in reality it was just a small sitting area with a couch and a coffee table, not an actual separate room with a dividing door. This was fine, but not what I was expecting.
The service was great when we checked in and the room was very clean, but almost every day after getting to my room I would discover that my key card was deactivated. This would mean that I would have to go back downstairs and have them reactivate it. Since there are not too many floors of this hotel its not a huge deal, but it gets rather annoying to have to do it every day when you have a confirmed check out date that has never changed.
On the second and third nights we were awakened by the guests in the room next door; they had a young child and she was screaming and jumping around the room. I could hear everything and it was hard to get back to sleep. The walls are very thin and if I was to ever go back to this hotel I would probably bring some ear plugs just in case.

Pro: Clean, friendly service, lots of parking, great price
Con: Noisy, key card kept deactivating

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank raeriva

Good day Raeiva,

Thank you for your honest review of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Vancouver Portland North.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests, and I want you to know that the concerns of our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

In those area’s we did not meet your expectation, please accept my sincere apology.

I'm concerned about the Key card issues you recently experienced,
and I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

As a result of your review, I have asked our houseman to reprogram a new key maker our desk staff uses to program the electric key locks.

The issue of the crying child is difficult. I know from raising four children myself, a baby in distress can cry loudly and put undue stress on all those that are even in the slightest ear shot. As parents we are programmed to respond quickly to a child’s distress to satisfy their needs. In future please contact your hospitality agent without hast so we can intervene in your behalf and/or offer a different location for your accommodations.

Again, thank you very much for your fair and balanced review. I will share it with our entire staff. I strongly encourage you to please give us another try.

Faithfully yours,