Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Greer, South Carolina
“A down home feel”
Reviewed 15 October 2010

The staff and management are great. I felt like part of the family. I travel a lot and stay at Holiday Inn Express mostly and this is the best of them all.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank knightbandit
Kimefox, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, 23 October 2010
knightbandit,

By the looks of your picture, this must be Brian! Thank you for your kind comments, and coming back to stay with your "family on the road". The whole staff was pleased to see you again and I thank you so much for sharing such kind comments.

Hope to see you again. Take care~

Kim Fox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Very nice place with very clean standards, safe location, good breakfast, nice manager reception during weekdays, and staff is incredible.
My husband borrowed my phone charger out of my car and forgot to put it back, I mentioned that I was going to have to buy a new one and the front desk assistant Tammy asked what kind of phone I had and it ended up she had the same charger. She called her husband and had him bring me a charger to borrow during my stay. Amazing customer service.
Kim, the manager, was so friendly and full of information. She had great suggestions for dinner and anything I needed.
I was there for a business trip and due to the customer service, I have now arranged for our entire franchise to stay there when in Vancouver.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank butterflymegan
Kimefox, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, 10 October 2010
butterflymegan,

First I would like to thank you for your feedback; we are pleased to hear that your stay with us went well.

Our facility is designed for guest's convenience and comfort, and above all, safety. I am pleased to hear that you felt we achieved all of these goals, during your stay with us.

Regarding our Team Members, they are always happy to help you make the most of your stay and we always like to hear when something we did specifically for a guest, meant a lot to the guest too!

We look forward to welcoming you, and the rest of your co-workers, back to our hotel. Thank you, again, for your kind comments.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 29 September 2010

Professional, helpful, nothing was too much trouble. CLEAN and a perfect price

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank evers0
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Stayed here for one night on our way north after stays at four other HIEs on the I-5 corridor. As others have noted, this is a new property, comfortable and well located for business/shopping in the Vancouver area. Staff was friendly and polite, breakfast the usual tasty HIE fare. One disconcerting note: I had planned to enjoy a bath, but the tub had a noticeable ring of dead skin or other matter. Ugh! Took a cautious shower instead, trying to contact as little of the tub surface as possible. I know housekeeping staff is given very little time to clean rooms, but try to do a better job here, please!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bksgrrrl
Kimefox, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, 30 September 2010
As explained to the TA reviewer in a personal email, the film found in the tub was actually the cleaning agent we were using. The creamy, non abrasive product we were using, was leaving a film on the tub wall, that was only visible when the tub was completely dry. We have since discontinued this product and found a more acceptable agent for the daily cleaning of the tubs!
puyallup
Reviewed 15 September 2010

This is the best holiday Inn Express in Washington and Oregon. I travel up and down the I-5 corridor and this is the one I rate best. I always stay here when I do business in Portland because of Kim and her staff. The rooms are very well taken care of and they just do an excellent Job.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mgmpuyallup
Kimefox, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, 16 September 2010
mgmpuyallup,

Thank you for your kind words! We know you have many choices when you come to town and we truly appreciate that you choose us. Again, thank you, and I hope we see you again soon.

Gold Beach, OR
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We only stayed one night but were very happy with our room and the service. When we checked in they were so friendly and accommodating. We were asked if we needed help with finding a restaurant and they had information on them if you wanted. They served wine and beer in the evening and had soup available also. The room was very comfortable as well as the bed. Breakfast was fine with scrambled eggs, breads, and fruit. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank OrSunshine
Kimefox, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, 10 September 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words! We truly love what we do here and are happy to offer you the best service we possibly can. I know that you have many choices when you come to the Vancouver area, we thank you sooooo much for choosing us! Hope to see you again soon.

Kim
GM
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I checked in with my family for a mixed business/vacation trip. There were 5 of us in a spacious king suite. Although I reported the number in our family while checking in the manager treated my wife like a criminal the next day, suggesting we were less than honest when we checked in. When I asked to speak with her she acted very put out - quite a bit of passive aggressive behaviour. Worried more about serving free wine at the happy hour. This place is ot geared for families. My 2 year old was scolded for playing with a matchbox cal on a table. No scratch, just much concern. Out of a book of DVD titles all are geared for adults except 2. After our experience with the manager we checked out and spent 3 more nights at the Holiday Inn Express Suites at the Portland Airport. Smaller room but very nice and inviting staff. This was the first time in my life I've ever checked out of a hotel early. Too bad because the hotel and rest of the staff were great, and the Holiday Inn chain is usually very accomidating to families.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business