“Average room but pet friendly”

Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Seattle, WA
“Average room but pet friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

We picked this Shilo Inn because it is pet friendly. I have now read the other reviews and I note that the last review from another Tripadvisor was over four years ago. Our room was average - clean but a little dated. We were put in a room that adjoined another room and, of course, we heard the party in the other room -- weak insulation between rooms. This Shilo has a policy of charging an additional fee, above the published rate, and then crediting it back to your credit card. We were told it was for "incidentals" but believe it is really more of a security deposit. The continental breakfast was just adequate -- Shilo offers packaged muffins, bagels, yogurt - nothing special but at least you will have something to start the day with. So our over all impression was: ho hum.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NWBallardTraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Arlington, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

I called the hotel to see if any rooms were available for the night, The girl said they were booked, no rooms available.
I went ahead and booked the room on their reservation site. The building stank of stale cigarette smoke. The room was nice, smelled of dill pickles. went out to dinner when we got back there was a bug on our pillow(looked like a roach)
I called the front desk, the girl came to our room and took a tissue and took the bug off the pillow. I asked for a new pillow case, Thats when, I discovered the pillow was stained with saliva, a lot! GROSSSSSSSSSS! I'm glad I had my own pillow in the car.
I asked the girl did this used to be a smoking room? she said the building may have been several years ago(funny the tv remote has cigarette burns melted into it) hmmmmm Stay elsewhere for the money! this is maybe a 2 star hotel

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank MrandMrsCandT
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Thank You for choosing Shilo Inns Salmon Creek and taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Your comments have been shared with the staff, and we are correcting the matters mentioned. Feedback helps us as reinforcement to continue our efforts to make the Shilo Inns a leader in affordable excellence. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Mary G.

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

This facility needs a lot of work. The room was OK but the entire facility was in need of a face lift! Location was great for quick freeway access but that's where it ended.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Mike1195
seattle, wa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2010

Normally every trip is planned based on advice from fellow Trip Advisors so maybe things just didn't work for me. Number one, if you have to be in downtown Vancouver during rush hour you better allow at least 30-35 minutes from the hotel. Second, the breakfast is a joke. Everything was pre-packaged including the pastries & bagels. Rooms are spacious, though. Good news is I could walk 20 feet to the drive thru lane of the fast food restaurant next door. And a desk with a computer in the lobby doesn't qualify as a business center.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank carlSeattle
Renton, Wa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2010

Stayed here the first and last night of a three week driving trip. It was clean and a great value. We stayed at many places and this was the very best including Las Vegas. We have stayed @ various Shilo venues and are rarely dissapointed. Thanks for caring about how your place looks.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grayback
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

I pulled in late on June 2nd here, after a long drive from Boulder, CO, and having stayed in Pocatella, ID on the June 1st. I'm on my way to Olympia, WA and didn't know where I'd end up stopping for the night. So, I'd made no reservation anywhere. Just drove until I was too tired to drive anymore.

After checking a few other area hotels in person, I found this one. I'd never stayed at a Shilo Inns & Suites before so thought I'd try it. I was very surprised how accommodating they were about a price reduction against the Rack Room Rate I was quoted of $112. I asked if they'd take $75 and I was told, "Yes." Later, while looking this place up here, I saw the rate is only $59 online; so, when I spoke to the front desk woman the next morning, she said she'd match the online price if I could find it again. I did, and she spoke to her manager and they matched it. Very pleased about this.

As for the room (#110), it was large and very clean, and everything worked well. It was quiet too, though being next to the exit door, I did hear other guests arriving after I did, but never heard the guests in the room above or next to me. The water pressure is a bit weak, especially in the shower, but this may be due to a water restrictor in the showerhead. The bed was very comfortable. The bedding is updated and looks great, as does the carpet and the window coverings. In my room were 2 queen beds with both down and foam pillows to choose from, a table with 2 comfortable chairs near the large window, a desk with a nice chair, a fridge and microwave, coffee pot, hair dryer and a table for luggage to be up off the floor. Closet has ironing board and iron and quality hotel hangers. The sink is in the room and has a large mirror. The bathroom is nice and spacious too. Saw no dirt or mold, no cracks in the room or bathroom, no peeling paint, no water stains. The room is in very good condition, possibly newly remodeled. Lighting at the sink is a bit dark for me though, but was adequate.

I came in too late to try the pool and hot tub area so can't comment on them much, but the area appeared clean and I did see towels next to the pool and some lounge chairs too. There is also a steam room, but I had no time to try it either.

Breakfast was nothing special. The only hot selection was pancakes. I saw muffins, toast, cereal, and oranges offered too. Good tea selection and hot cocoa too. I don't eat breakfast most days so I didn't try them. The coffee is served in paper cups, not styrofoam, which I was pleased to see, but no real cream, only the fake International Coffee stuff (hmmm?). I used the milk. I also thought the coffee was weak, but I like mine stronger than most people. All in all, I'm quite pleased I stayed and will definitely try to stay in other Shilo Inns based on my experience here.

A very good value and very good customer service from everyone.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank J-Lvs-2Travel
mgr_salmoncreek, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek, responded to this review, 22 June 2010
Dear Jsnap

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you with a wonderful Shilo experience at our newly remodeled Salmon Creek location during your first stay with us. We were pleased to offer you a comfortable spacious room to rest after a long day of driving.

Our dedicated Shilo team was happy to assist you with a reduced rate during your stay as part of our affordable excellence guarantee.

We look forward to making your next stay with Shilo Inn & Suites as comfortable as your first .

Sincerely
Mary Grant
Shelton, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

This Shilo Inn had wonderful suites that have been newly remodeled, so they are almost like a brand new motel. Exceptional staff attentiveness and courtesy. Wonderful breakfast including hot foods! The bed was FABULOUS...I slept even better than at home, which is saying something. The front gal, named Alison went above and beyond to make my stay an extremely pleasant experience! Affordably priced, too! I travel a lot, and this stay equaled places I have stayed for twice the price.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
mgr_salmoncreek, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek, responded to this review, 24 May 2010
Dear pmtealover

Thank you for staying with us at our newley remodeled Salmon Creek/Vancouver Shilo Inn & Suites. We were pleased to hear that our courteous team and new amenities made you stay so comfortable. We realize it's the simple things like a nice warm breakfast for free after a good nights rest in one of our clean luxurious beds that adds value to your experience when you stay with us. With the highest standards of service set for our guests, it is wonderful to know that our dedicated Shilo team exceeded your expectations by going above and beyond.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your outstanding experience with trip advisor. and look forward to making your next stay with us as enjoyable as your last.

Sincerly