“Nice place for a great price” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
florida
“Nice place for a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

The outside of the building lead me to believe it was going to be a very average hotel but boy was I surprised! The rooms are very large. Big enough to fit 3 oversized suitcases in the room and not trip over them. The room came with a fridge and microwave. The bathroom was clean and nicely tiled. The only thing that would have made the bathroom better was glass shower doors instead of the vinyl shower curtain. There was an indoor pool to enjoy but being from Florida it still was to cold for us. Courtney at the front desk was so helpful we extended our stay to 2 nights.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Florida B
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear FloridaLolabunny,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Shilo Inn Suites – Salmon Creek. It is such a great feeling to hear from our guests that they had a positive experience. We sincerely hope to see you again on your next visit to the Northwest.

Tim Laib

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I booked a hotwire deal and ended up here. The reviews concerned me, so I warned my husband and brother in law that we may be in for an adventure. We arrived at a plain looking building, checked in, and visited our room. The place looked nice and clean, modern looking bed spread, and had cable tv. We were all comfortable and pleased. The wifi did work, which is always a plus. Freeway location was convenient. Breakfast was average - typical breads, waffles, coffee, milk.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Siewby,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay the Salmon Creek Shilo Inn. We are happy that you found your room clean and met your expectations. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Tim Laib, CHA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

despite reading the horror stories that many others wrote about this place, I decided to stay at my own peril. I actually found a fairly good rate for this hotel and the rooms were clean. everyone was very nice here. I have no complaints, and would recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013
A small town in Northwest Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

The check in was quick and friendly. The room was musty, wet by the frig. Very basic but the room heated and cooled well. When I got back in the evening an ugly looking big was in my bathroom door, and a yellow jacket flew out of the bathroom light. If it wasn't so late I probably would have checked out. The only real positive is location by the I-5 and I-205. Lots of food within walking distance.
The other Shilos I have stayed in were much nicer.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

I booked two nights at this Shilo Inn for personal travel. The price was good, and I've stayed at Shilo Inns before.....I did not realize this is not the typical Shilo Inn with the blue roof tiles, nice amenities, etc. This location is more like an old Super 8, if you want to compare it to another chain.
The room cleanliness was poor, with dried something or other on the ceiling, wall, and to my horror, the bedspread. The floor bounced while walking down the hallway and the smell was musty and dank.
I was very disappointed in everything except the comfort of the bed, which was great, and the location of the hotel is good, with access to the I-5 and I-205 and many restaurants.
I cannot recommend this location.

Room Tip: no recommendations other than to ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Cowiche, Washington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

We have stayed at this Shilo Inn many times in the past and never had any issues. This time was different. Our room had no closet, absolutely NO place to hang any clothes. We asked at the front desk if they had any type of clothes hanging rack we could use and they looked at us like we were totally out of this world. They finally scrounged up 4 old hangers that we used and we hung our clothes on the shower curtain rod.
We also found a whole handful of nuts and some candy on the floor between the bed and the nightstand. It was not like they were hidden from view either.
I am hoping this was just an odd stay and I am certainly willing to try them again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Mountlake Terrace, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

I was staying at the quality inn but the internet was terrible and everything felt cheap. I switched to this place and I love it. It's still cheap but the place is overall better. Much better internet, rooms are smaller but don't feel cramped. I got rate of 62 a day, some of the halls smell like mildew but not in the room and it just reminds me of camping as a kid

• Stayed October 2012