“Love the free breakfast!!”

Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Loved our stay at this hotel. The furnishings were decent and clean and the room we had was comfy and roomy. The highlight has to be the free breakfast which had much variety and quantity. The only bad experience was that the pool was closed for cleaning during our one night stay. Definitely worth the ~$80 a night I paid for.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hammad H
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Hammad H,

Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate your choosing Shilo Inns and value your patronage. I sincerely hope that you will choose us again in the future.

T. Laib - General Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My family and I stayed at the Shilo Inn Salmon Creek/Vancouver and we were very disappointed. When we got to the hotel there was no parking (they have a very large parking lot too) there was a car show going on that weekend and many cars were taking up multiple spaces, people were sitting in lawn chairs in the middle of the road. I understand that people are protective of their cars, but for a family with 3 children under 6 to have to walk with all their luggage, nearly a block away to get to our room was a little ridiculous. The trashcan was overflowing most of the time we were there. Everyone including the employees would smoke right next to the door entrance. So whenever my family and I would enter or leave the building we would have to smell the smoke. The only other option was literally walking indoors to the opposite side of the hotel to exit. I found this unacceptable. Because of our family size we reserved the Suit. The size was great, but the room did not feel like it had been cleaned. There was a white substance all over the sofa, the pans and disposal was dirty, there was a hair in the freezer and on the extra pillow from the shelf, the towels had brown stains all over them, the cooler panel was broken and just laying there when we arrived. The cooler did work excellent though. The light in the kitchen made a horribly loud buzz, as did the TV. There were no sheets or blankets for the sofa. I called and told the office of the conditions and there were no other rooms available to switch to. So the girl at the front office had to come and clean out room. So after a 9.5 hour drive with three small kids we had to wait an additional 30 minutes to get settled into our hotel room. The staff was mostly nice. We got to breakfast each day before 7:30 and the OJ was gone all three days, one day there was no milk, we had to wait for the staff to run to the grocery store for some more. The eating area is very tiny, especially when its full. We mentioned the lack of OJ on the third day and I was told that once its gone, its gone. The pool was very nice, the hot tub was nice. The sauna smelled like feet and the steam room smelled like mold. Overall I was very disappointed and will NOT be recommending it or staying there myself again. After all of our bad experiences the manager did compensate us for some of our stay, but it put a huge damper on our vacation.

Room Tip: Not in the back, behind the office. I would suggest being closer to the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Tasha R,

was sorry to read of your disappointing stay at the Shilo Inn Salmon Creek.I apologize for the lack of adequate parking, but as you noted there was a car showing going on that weekend. I will certainly address the employee smoking issues, breakfast problems, and apologize that your room did not feel clean. I am glad that the manager did offer you some compensation for your disappointment, and I do hope that you will give us another opportunity.

Tim Laib, CHA

Reviewed 4 September 2013

the room was clean and large and had all the amenities that were advertised, and considering the price, a reasonable buy.
But the place is showing its age and needs an upgrade.
We placed a half-full cup of soda from McDonalds on the desk, and within minutes it was covered with tiny ants. We kept all our snacks in the fridge after that.
The electronic key cards are so worn out that we had to try multiple times to get the doors to open, even after complaining and getting new keys. It took more than a dozen tries at lest three times in the three days we stayed there.
Wifi worked well, lots of food options nearby, easy access to I-5 and I 405 (although a little hard to find at first), and reasonable pricing.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear spudpapa,

Thank you for posting your recent review of the Shilo Inn suites, Salmon Creek. I want to sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered with the key cards and the ants. We have contacted our pest control vendor and they are addressing the ant issue. We are constantly working on making improvements to our property and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

My girlfriend and I choose this hotel based on location and the great rate. We were very pleased with our room; large king bed, newly remodeled bathroom/kitchen and quiet in the evenings.

Our trip to Vancouver was to visit friends and family, so the location of this Shilo with its proximity to the highways and multiple restaurants was really ideal, cut down travel time and gave us lots of flexibility.

The continental breakfast was simple yet perfect for a couple on-the-go. The in-room coffee maker with single serve coffee packs was also a nice touch.

We will stay here again the next time we come to visit. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear JosephChene,

Thank you so much for your great review of the Shilo Inn Suites – Salmon Creek. It is a great motivation to all of our staff and myself when our guests enjoy their stay and we are able to meet and exceed their expectations. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The outside of the building lead me to believe it was going to be a very average hotel but boy was I surprised! The rooms are very large. Big enough to fit 3 oversized suitcases in the room and not trip over them. The room came with a fridge and microwave. The bathroom was clean and nicely tiled. The only thing that would have made the bathroom better was glass shower doors instead of the vinyl shower curtain. There was an indoor pool to enjoy but being from Florida it still was to cold for us. Courtney at the front desk was so helpful we extended our stay to 2 nights.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Florida B

Dear FloridaLolabunny,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Shilo Inn Suites – Salmon Creek. It is such a great feeling to hear from our guests that they had a positive experience. We sincerely hope to see you again on your next visit to the Northwest.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I booked a hotwire deal and ended up here. The reviews concerned me, so I warned my husband and brother in law that we may be in for an adventure. We arrived at a plain looking building, checked in, and visited our room. The place looked nice and clean, modern looking bed spread, and had cable tv. We were all comfortable and pleased. The wifi did work, which is always a plus. Freeway location was convenient. Breakfast was average - typical breads, waffles, coffee, milk.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Siewby,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay the Salmon Creek Shilo Inn. We are happy that you found your room clean and met your expectations. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Tim Laib, CHA

Reviewed 30 May 2013

despite reading the horror stories that many others wrote about this place, I decided to stay at my own peril. I actually found a fairly good rate for this hotel and the rooms were clean. everyone was very nice here. I have no complaints, and would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013