“Overpriced rip off. (DO NOT TRUST THE PICTURES!)”

The Inn at Salmon Creek
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Portland, Oregon
“Overpriced rip off. (DO NOT TRUST THE PICTURES!)”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We made a reservation through an Expedia associate. Over the phone, prepaid, same day no refund. We had called for a reservation to a specific comfort inn, but it was full. The representative said this was a nice place as they had checked the online pictures and that the room even had a kitchen. Sounded good and we had busy schedule so we took it on faith. (Bad move)

We arrived late due to schedule expecting a nice place. It wasn't completely "horrible", but it wasn't nice either. It was old and had been reasonably renovated for a cheap motel. There were some minor maintenance issues in the room, such a broken handles on the dresser, loose plumbing fixtures, and cigarette burns. The room was mostly clean but there was mold in the bathroom.

Had we paid $50, I probably wouldn't have much to say. However, we were told it was nice and we paid over $100. I can see why the representative thought it was better. The pictures here for the motel look great. Trouble is, what we got doesn't look like that. It not even close.

Upon leaving we asked for a receipt and were refused. I have never had this happen in many years of hotel stays. The lady was, to me, somewhat rude and short about the whole thing, saying we had paid online so no receipt.

This hotel is, in my opinion, misrepresented. I feel we were cheated, plain and simple.

Room Tip: Go to different motel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MisterED57
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Salmon Creek, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize for the issue that you encountered with the facility., . On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you will let us serve you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Central Oregon, Oregon
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Don't believe the photos! The photos show a beautiful room, kitchen, nice comforter on the bed... The "kitchen" was a microwave sitting on top of a small refrigerator and a small table with two chairs. There was a bucket for ice, but absolutely no clue where the ice machine was. The "comforter" was a foot wide strip of material that was stretched across the bed as decoration. The pillows were thin and uncomfortable and not enough of them (teaches me to leave home without my own!). I believe that we paid way too much money for what what we got. If we paid a 49.99 rate - no complaints. But over $100? NOPE! Don't stay here!

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ptprincess13
I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced during your recent stay with us. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are addressing these issues to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you give us a chance to serve you again and experience the improvements we have made with our service.

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Duanesburg, NY
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

There were bodily fluids on the carpet from previous use. The stench was unbearable. We paid for a second room in a different hotel because they would not refund our money. Possibly the most disgusting place I have ever seen. I've stayed in much nicer rooms for the price.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank vmcqueeney
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Salmon Creek, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
I am so sorry that your room was not as expected. We apologize for the inconvenience to you.
Your comments are very important as we strive to offer good accommodations.
United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stumbled into The Inn at Salmon Creek pretty late at night.

The owner was very accommodating while she checked me in through the acrylic safety window. After I handed her my credit card, a room door threw open and a bevy of loud drunk men started tumbling into the courtyard style parking lot. One of them started up a diesel trunk and a loud country sound blared out into the night.
He was yelling, "This was the song that got me through when that b***h Renee broke up with me, man!"
Then another fella yelled some indecipherable comments from the room, and one fella politely, drunkenly, loudly said in my direction, "Well, gooooooood evening."

I immediately turned to the owner and said, "Oh no. This is not happening. Please cancel that and give me my card." She said it was ok and that she would put me in a room far away from them. I was dubious, but it was 2 am and I was wicked tired.

As I walked away the petite owner opened the office door and told the men to go back in their rooms and to be quiet or she would call the cops. They all stumbled off to their room as meek as lambs and apologizing. I didn't hear them at all after that.

My room was huge: two beds with lovely linens and silk type bed panes for decoration, a full kitchen, a huge bathroom and two seating areas- one with a chair and table and the other with a couch. the layout was odd, but comfortable and very clean.

It was a cheap (65 dollars) room that suited me just great. I would stay again, but I doubt I could find it since I literally just stumbled into the parking lot while looking to get gas off the freeway.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Piercedlibrarian
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Salmon Creek, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
We are so sorry for the disturbance during check in, but it is so good to know that you did have a good stay and was pleased with the accommodations. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you visit again.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My suggestion is that if you are already in town is to come by and ask to see the room before booking so you are able to decide if it is acceptable to you. I did this due to the mixed reviews. The gentleman that helped me was very friendly and accommodating.He gave me a key to look at the room that he was going to offer me with no problems. The toilets are small as previously stated, but not a big deal to me. I did not experience the cleanliness issues discussed in previous reviews
The carpet seems newly replaced. the curtains could use updating, some areas are worn and thinning, and they don't fully close together but a hair clip easily fixed that. I checked the bedding and head boards for signs of bed bugs and the room is free of them. the linens are very clean and smell of fresh laundered bedding, and seem fairly new to me. Overall I would compare it to an older extended stay inn as the room has the 2 queen beds, kitchen area and dinning area.Good satellite T.V. via Direct TV, older tube style TV set. Internet is extremely reliable and free. The beds are not bad at all and comfortable enough for my needs. If you are used to Holiday inn express type accommodations and expect that then this place is not for you. However, if you can accept an older style motel then this is a really good value. We paid $70 per night, a good value in my opinion. Overall my experience was really good.

Room Tip: It was not busy during our stay but suite 26 is not bad at all, 2 queen beds, closet, kitchen and di...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Salmon Creek, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Thank you for this review, we appreciate you letting us know of your experience. Please plan to visit us again soon.
We appreciate your business.
Gloria M. Brown
Guest Relations Manager
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights just before labor day weekend, what a pleasant surprise! I didn't want to spend a lot and assumed it would be passable, just a room to sleep in. That's what we paid for and that's what I expected. This place was incredible! Spotless! Clean bathroom, tub, sinks, toilets! No stains on the carpet, fresh new bedding! Curtains that worked, no problems with doors, etc.... WIFI worked great, using it right now to write this review! Room 37 is awesome! Staff was courteous, no problems there either. I don't know what those other reviews are talking about. I have spent twice as much money on other motels and had them look a lot worse! Would stay here again anytime!

Room Tip: Room 37 in the back is great!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Salmon Creek, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Thank you for your review, your comments are important to us. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.
Gloria M. Brown
Guest Relations Manager
Washington
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Stayed there last night. . . Didn't search for a different motel because we were out of time to get to our venue. Expected it to be long in the tooth because of the price (although $90 isn't THAT cheap), but jeez.

Peeling paint inside, holey, grimy bedspread. Whiskers in the sink. Another "guest's" belongings in the dresser (naughty shorts, panties, boxer shorts, and smelly hair extensions).

Advertised a 3 mile walk to the Sleep Country Amphitheater--not. More like 10 if you walk it. No WIFI (advertised).

Check in staff was efficient and cordial. Parking was ok.

Won't do THAT again.