“Not so happy hour”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Grand Avenue
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Favorite haunt of ours, but tonight we thought we would try happy hour again. Food is consistently good, but portions are now extremely small even for happy hour. Prices reflect happy hour and are actually only a portion of the normal sizes you should receive during non happy hour dining or even lunch for that matter. We were unimpressed enough that we probably won't be coming back. Prices are Portland prices and I think they forgot their located in Vancouver and not even on the water. Lapellah, a word to the wise, if you want to survive, service needs to improve and prices either need to come down or portion sizes need to be increased for what your charging. Sorry, you have lost a loyal customer.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I'm a local who has eaten here before for dinner and take out but after a recent lunch there I realized it has become my favorite in the area. The lunch menu seems pretty diverse but my absolute favorite is the bbq shrimp appetizer that I eat as a meal. The sauce is very unique and there's enough there for dipping the grilled crusty bread that is served with the shrimp. I've never had an issue with the service, I like that they provide a bottle of water when you first sit down so you don't have to keep looking for someone when your water glass needs filling. I'd also recommend the booths in the middle or back areas; even when the restaurant is full you get a sense of privacy.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Nice upscale decor but menu a little weird
I think chef is trying too hard to mix up odd ingredients
Service felt rushed and had to ask a few times for refills on drinks and water
Nice decor but noisy

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited on a Sunday early afternoon. Found the tables to be too close together and the place quite noisy. Service was good after the wait for a server to come to the table and the food was average with slightly higher than average prices. Was recommended by an acquaintance but probably will not return.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I'm a Vancouver WA local, and Lapellah is easily my favorite restaurant in town. The atmosphere is lively, the food is delicious, and the service is great. I am a sucker for their chicken cesar salad, but I've had everything from the fish n' chips to mac n' cheese to burger to special salads. I've been here for happy hour, brunch, and dinner, and the service and food have always been consistently great. Both the food and cocktail menus are interesting, if a bit limited at times (my husband doesn't eat meat, only fish, and sometimes he only has one entree option to choose from). But they use only local ingredients and focus on quality, so I can't fault them for keeping the menu tight.

I recommend Lapellah to any and everyone.

Been to Lapellah? Share your experiences!