“Halibut Season”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: up-scale sea food chain in Oregon and Washington
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to use a promotional coupon for $4 off on two halibut dinners. I am not a big fish fan, but halibut tried the grilled halibut with Cajun spice. I had a crisp tasty salad with blue cheese dressing. My husband tried the four piece halibut fish & chips. He had the chowder and throughly enjoyed it. I got one of the pieces of his choice and I enjoyed. The portions were generous and I took home enough home for a second meal.

The hostess was pleasant and seated us in a quiet corner of the restaurant when I told my husband was hard of hearing. I thank her for this consideration, since it made our meal more pleasant.

Our waitress, Stephanie, was prompt, gracious and had a killer smile. She also gave us good service and suggestions. It was a pleasure to have such good and thoughtful employees from when we arrived to when we left.

We will return again to try some of the other tempting entrees on their menu.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Food is great! Poor service. Price is fair. Perhaps if I came in with more people they would take notice of me and not have me wait for more than 15 minutes to acknowledge me.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Previously have had great experiences here, but this time was not good. I discussed with the server the blackened salmon that I have had at this restaurand before and that I did not want any seasoning on it other than some butter and lemon wedges, on the side. I was asked if I would like to have the wild Chinook instead of the farm raised salmon, as the wild has a better flavor. I agreed to get the Chinook. I was told it would be blackened. I was brought my cole slaw, which I normally love, and the portion size was a third of what it normally is. My salmon was brought, and the server apologized for it having been salted and peppered. She informed me of that even before she had the plate on the table. She told me to try it, and if it was not OK, she would take it back. I am on a sodium restricted diet. I pointed out that the salmon was not blackened, and in fact, it was not even seared. Her response was that it probably had to do with a "different cooking technique." To have waited for the fish to have been replaced would not have worked, as my husband was already eating his meal. I ate the meal, but I am not going back.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We have eaten now at McGraths a half dozen times now and the food and service has always been excellent. You can't beat the specials, fresh fish or lobster. Last week we were there around 8pm and we just ate off the happy hour menu and were satisfied. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Ate here again on a Friday evening so we had to wait about a half hour to be seated. Service was still somewhat slow as it was about an hour and a half before we left the restaurant. Our drinks from the bar were good and the sour dough bread was fresh and hot. The crab dip was delicious. Our meals arrived and everyone seemed to enjoy their meal. We were too full for dessert. Waitress was pleasant and friendly.