“Am I really in Vancouver?”
Review of woody's tacos

woody's tacos
Ranked #18 of 736 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stumbled across woody's one day while cruising around downtown Vancouver. What a fun discovery! The restaurant has outdoor, indoor, and indoor courtyard seating. The courtyard opens onto some nifty shops and galleries. A breath of fresh air in the downtown district, makes me hopeful that the sometimes musty feel to the area may one day be replaced with a hipper type of vibe.

Great homemade chips and an assortment of salsas. The fish tacos are a specialty and I thought they were delicious. My 93 year old mother put aside her long ingrained mexican food prejudices and also endorsed them heartily. The place feels and tastes more like Santa Fe, if you know what I mean. One is able to choose from a variety of sides. Pinto, black beans or for the traditionalists, refried. Prices seemed reasonable to me.

Service is friendly, but one has to be a little assertive getting napkins, water, etc. No one is going to wait on you, other than to deliver the goods.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I had a carne asada taco and a grilled shrimp taco and they both were thx best tacos I've ever had! Party in my mouth! Incredible flavor!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

They serve fairly authentic Mexican street food at a very reasonable price. The corn cob covered with cheese was unexpected and reminded me of trips down to the little fishing villages south of Tijuana when I was younger.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Great fresh veggie choices and great prices...not fancy! Ordered the tostada and quesidillas and a Pacifico...pefect. Order at the counter and the food is brought to you. Good value.

1  Thank gushugs2298
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went there today. She had a Carne Asada burrito and I had a Chicken Ranchero burrito. Both were very good. My wife had a Corona beer (national drink a beer day) and I just had a diet soda. All totaled together.... (with wonderful Washington tax) was $23.28. The price seemed a little high for 2 burritos, a beer and soda but the food was excellent.