“Ample servings”

Goldies BBQ
Ranked #87 of 739 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Truly BBQ cooked slowly. Very ample servings and the brisket was excellent. The hot BBQ sauce is spicy hot but the sides are very good. The beef ribs were too dry. It looks to be more of a carryout restaurant than a sit down type of place. I live in Texas and have been to many BBQ s and would place it about middle compared to Texas BBQ s.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is true southern BBQ at it's best. They smoke their meats on site...the aroma makes your mouth water. My favorite is the pulled pork sandwich with a side of their slaw and a side of greens. The medium sauce is just right, but the next step up is also great. The ribs are a great choice as well. Don't forget the sweet potato fries. If you haven't tried them you're missing a treat. We have friends that come from Portland and the Seattle area that insist that we take them back to Goldies every time they visit. But we don't mind. It really is good eating and worth the trip. They are currently open Sunday afternoons but closed on Mondays.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Oh. My. Gosh! Love this place! The brisket is melt in your mouth delish, and the sweet potato fries....oh, don't get me started on the sweet potato fries! Yum, yum, YUM! (Honey mustard to dip them in and I am in Heaven!!) They were closed on Sundays for awhile, but I'm glad they're back as it's the perfect day when I can convince my hubby to head to Goldie's after church! The only drawback is the size and price of the sides. They are amazingly delicious, but you definitely don't get a lot for what you pay. I'll gladly get a serving of meat and an order of sweet potato fries, though...because Goldie's is by far The Best BBQ spot in the area! (And that includes Portland)

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We are Southerners and are therefore pretty picky with our BBQ. Went there for lunch and it was pretty good. I asked for my BBQ with sauce on the side, but it came with sauce on it. We ordered a large pan (About 5 pounds) of pulled pork for a party. We got home and it was sliced brisket. Took it back and they said that was what we ordered. It wasn't. They finally replaced it but it was not a good experience. The cost is pretty high for what you get.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We went into Goldies BBQ tonight as a family birthday dinner. Mr. Bibbens and his daughter came out and brought some specialties to share.
The food was really good!
I had pork ribs and the sauce was really nice but the smoke and flavoring was really well done.
I would rival this against anything in the Portland area.
I sampled the peach cobbler and sweet potato pie. Both pies were well spiced with some nice combinations of flavor that was a surpise.
I would highly recommend this restaurant.