“The best”

Goldies BBQ
Ranked #61 of 759 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just got back from a cross country trip through the south no BBQ compared to Goldie's. The best thing it just down the road. I love the food here because its made with love.

1  Thank Darel M

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Most reviews I've read say this place is slightly better than Daddy D's. We had the St Louis ribs, baked beans, potato salad and also had the collard greens. This place is no match for Daddy D's. I had exactly the same meal that I ate at Daddy D's. The ribs potato salad and baked beans. If Daddy D's didn't exist then this place would be fine but since I ate at Daddy D's first, this place does not compare. The ribs look like they were from the morning. They were overcooked and looked like they were keeping them in a warmer. The potato salad tasted like it came out of a bucket bought at Costco and the collard greens tasted way to bitter. Hands down the food at Daddy's D's is better and fresher. Every one of the items are made from scratch at Daddy D's.
Yes you sacrifice the restaurant atmosphere over eating in a gas station but if you're there for the food Daddy D's has better food hands down.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Truly BBQ cooked slowly. Very ample servings and the brisket was excellent. The hot BBQ sauce is spicy hot but the sides are very good. The beef ribs were too dry. It looks to be more of a carryout restaurant than a sit down type of place. I live in Texas and have been to many BBQ s and would place it about middle compared to Texas BBQ s.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is true southern BBQ at it's best. They smoke their meats on site...the aroma makes your mouth water. My favorite is the pulled pork sandwich with a side of their slaw and a side of greens. The medium sauce is just right, but the next step up is also great. The ribs are a great choice as well. Don't forget the sweet potato fries. If you haven't tried them you're missing a treat. We have friends that come from Portland and the Seattle area that insist that we take them back to Goldies every time they visit. But we don't mind. It really is good eating and worth the trip. They are currently open Sunday afternoons but closed on Mondays.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Oh. My. Gosh! Love this place! The brisket is melt in your mouth delish, and the sweet potato fries....oh, don't get me started on the sweet potato fries! Yum, yum, YUM! (Honey mustard to dip them in and I am in Heaven!!) They were closed on Sundays for awhile, but I'm glad they're back as it's the perfect day when I can convince my hubby to head to Goldie's after church! The only drawback is the size and price of the sides. They are amazingly delicious, but you definitely don't get a lot for what you pay. I'll gladly get a serving of meat and an order of sweet potato fries, though...because Goldie's is by far The Best BBQ spot in the area! (And that includes Portland)