“Enjoyable and comfortable stay”

Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North Salmon Creek
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I sayed in the Gateway Inn 8-24 through 8-27. We enjoyed our stay. The rooms were clean, and the staff was very friendly with lots of advice about local attractions. Location was in a quiet neighborhood where we felt safe and our car was safe. The Hot Tub was a little too hot. but clean and useful for the aches in our backs from a long drive. The indoor pool was also clean and felt cool and refreshing after a busy day. I liked the free waters that they haded out liberally at the front desk. I would definitely stay there again if I am in the area. The breakfast was better than most free hotel breakfasts that you get in the chain hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Stanley B

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I took my 9 year old son to this hotel for two nights to escape a heat .We both were so excited to have a 'staycations ' , we are local residents to Vancouver.With our house not having AC and temperature in a house runnning up to 86 degrees even at night ,we both were looking forward to having nice airconditioned room ,chillded drinks and popocorn .Well ,even after double-checking on their website that hotel does have refrigerators, the reality was that NO,not in our room .

I asked about the fridge nicely again at the front desk ,because we brought bunch of softdrinks that need to be chilled, .I was told there were only three extra refrigerators for the whole hotel to switch around.

We also did not find a microvawe .For the price of the room we paid ,which was $84 plus tax,next time we need to chill in Vancouver we will definately go across the street to La Quinta.
Not even an ice mashine on our third floor.I ended up houling bags of ice from the other floor and chilling our drinks in a bathtub.
Cheap !!! What a disappointment.

Room Tip: I foyu must stay here ,call ahead and demand to the front desk that you are expecting to have a frid...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Olga H
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Room 326 cigarette burns & carpet stains, very dirty & dusty rooms, wifi not available, sweaty slow elevator & the manager Daniel was aggresive and hostile. I had prepaid and was treated like a criminal, I missed my appointment and had to relocate to the LaQuinta where I found a sense of security and luxury! Thank God LaQuinta has the standards and staff they do!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lanasline
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Needed a place to stay over night on trip to Lacey Washington, saw this on line and decided to go with it. What a pleasant surprise! Staff were very friendly, rooms very clean, with your choice of either soft or firm pillows, breakfast was very nice and the pool open 24 hrs. I would recommend this motel to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CountryBoy1946
Reviewed 10 July 2012

On a last minute trip to PDX from Vancouver, BC - we decided to leave late at night and drive until Vancouver, Washington to catch some sleep. We were looking at various places on line and pricing them out when it suddenly became past midnight and we were not allowed to book online for that night anymore. I called the La Quinta to see if they still had rooms and they said yes. On line they were asking $67 but when i asked how much it would cost to stay the clerk said $102. I told him it was $67 on line and he said the best he could do was 98. When i called the Gateway Inn they said they would honor whatever the price was on line. We arrived there at 6am and breakfast was being served. We ate first then went to sleep. The breakfast lacked waffles but had eggs, sausages, bagels, yogurt, cereal etc. The room was large with a comfy bed. Because we checked in so late the clerk said we could check out at 2pm and gave us an even better rate then on line. Great service, great stay and very comfortable. We'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank worldtravler78
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My wife and I stopped here on our way to Seattle from PDX and what a mess. I travel from the Midwest about 50 plus times a year and have never experienced anything so disturbing in a hotel. STAY AWAY...or go on in and see what Chernobyle looks like.

Room Tip: Above floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BizMan774
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Found this hotel by accident using trip advisor while traveling. Called ahead to check availability and rate. Arrived to find AAA rate of only $64 for 2 queen beds. Staff was very helpful, room was clean, and beds were some of the most comfortable we've had this trip. Breakfast was decent, you're usual continental breakfast plus biscuits & gravy. Only complaint was room temp was not cool enough for our liking.

• Stayed: May 2012