This was one of the worst hotels I have ever encountered. Checked in at 3:00 pm (king suite) and dropped off our luggage, then went to visit our son. Around 11:00 pm we returned to our hotel room and attempted to turn on the TV. It didn't work. Easy enough they offered to put us in another room. Got to the new room (not a king suite) and five min. later the phone rang. We couldn't stay in the room because a guest was checking in the following morning. Waited 20 min for our new room. The night clerk gave us the key and left. Again not a King suite. We walked in and the room was freezing cold, turned on the light, looked over at the bed to see the most disgusting stain in the middle of the sheet. No comforters on any of the beds by the way! Called the front desk and got a somewhat exasperated sounding clerk. Told him about the stain and asked him to just give us back the room with the broken TV. No problem he came up and gave us the key. Thank goodness that was over-with...NOT. Got ready for bed pulled down the sheets and low and behold, someones long brown hair as well as pubic hair was all over it. We decided to try and find another hotel. Before we left we stopped at the front desk asked for our money back because of the condition of the rooms. He told us he wasn't authorized and we would have to get hold of the Manager and could come back in the morning. Next morning we go back to the hotel. The front desk clerk says manager won't be in until next Monday and she doesn't know how to refund our money because it's in "limbo". She made a phone call when we insisted she credit our bank account. While on the phone she was walked through the process and then told us that the transaction was cancelled and that it never really posted. I got home and checked my bank account. We were charged for a two night stay! My son lives in Vancouver so the word is spreading quickly Do not stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether traveling on business or pleasure, you will enjoy our warm surroundings and friendly staff that truly make you feel at home. Hot Continental Breakfast, Fresco ceilings and imported tile, granite shower walls, vanity, window sills 24 Hour Indoor Pool, Hot Tub & Fitness Center ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, IHG, Hotel.de, HotelsClick, HRS, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North Salmon Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gateway Inn Express Hotel Vancouver
- Holiday Inn Vancouver
- Vancouver Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Vancouver