“A great way to end our trip”

Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North Salmon Creek
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel has possible the nicest staff we met through out our whole trip. Upon checking in I asked the receptionist for ideas of what to do in the area and she gave me a few. As a came back in with my luggage she handed me printed out maps for the places she had told me about.

The pool and fitness center are open 24/7. The breakfast was wonderful! It was the first hot breakfast we had had all week. The hotel is also in a great location to take the Marc into Portland.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrick Q, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North Salmon Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear Dreamergirl4686,
Thank you for staying with us and for the great comments regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and that the staff took good care of you. We strive to create a warm and comfortable stay for all of our guests.
I hope you will visit us again soon and have the same enjoyable time on your next visit.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We were visiting Mount St. Helen's and decided to head towards Portland. We came across this hotel as others in the area were full. The receptionist was rude and had I not been with others who didn't want to look elsewhere for a room, I would have left. The rude greeting and high price of the room, didn't start our stay off well. Our group did take advantage of the pool and jacuzzi, which was clean. The fitness room was small but adequate. The room was ok, the beds were a little soft for me, but fairly comfortable. The room was clean and decent size with two queen beds. Breakfast was typical Holiday Inn Express, including pancakes, fresh fruit, juices, breads, cereals, yogurt, eggs, etc. The attendant did a great job keeping everything stocked during the time we were there. The front desk attendant was much friendlier when checking out than the previous night's person. Overall, I would prefer to stay at a Hampton for this price, but if that were not available, I would consider this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North Salmon Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear lovefrancais,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you found our rooms clean and fitness room adequate. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received check-in service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had to wait 2 hours after check in time along with many other people for our rooms to be ready. .the fridge in the room was dirty and made a lot of noise..I unplugged it...when we asked about transportation to our venue the concierge said we have to walk over 2 miles to a shuttle...no lounge and not much to offer ..oh and a hot shower in the morning was just warm

• Stayed: July 2014
Patrick Q, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North Salmon Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Farmerpeterson,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Vancouver. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. We always strive to accommodate our concert guests as early as possible. I apologize for the wait you incurred but we simply can not turn over every room by 3 pm if the prior night guests do not leave until noon. My Front Desk indicated a one hour wait was the longest but that is still too long to wait. We add extra staff to get the job done but clearly we did not for you. My apologies. We will try to improve our process for the next big show.
Our hotel complies with the Holiday Inn Express brand standards which does not allow a lounge in the hotel. I am sorry if you expected one. We also do not have a hotel vehicle. If we did have one we certainly would have been providing shuttle service for the concert. My apologies. We do not indicate a shuttle service on our website or in any property information. I am sorry you were disappointed.
We take guest service very seriously and always try to satisfy every request. Thank you for your feedback. This will help us improve our operation to avoid issues in the future.
I hope you will try us again to see how we will improve.
Many thanks and happy travels,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The room was very clean. The wifi was strong. The breakfast was your typical holiday inn express buffet breakfast. The staff were cheerful. The price was good for a holiday inn express. The room was very up to date. Great stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrick Q, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North Salmon Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Hercules71,
Thank you for staying with us and for the great feedback. We are trying to provide a clean and comfortable hotel and I encourage the staff to provide the best service possible. I am glad you enjoyed our renovated rooms and our healthy start breakfast. Your feedback helps us know we are on the right track to improving every guest experience when and where possible.
I hope you will stay with us again soon upon your return to Vancouver.
Thanks again and happy travels,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed to attend a concert at the nearby Sleep Country Ampitheater, and I think most of the other guests were too. It is very convenient for that. We had a double queen feature room which has the little sitting area, but it's in separate little alcove and just has seating for two, which wasn't what I had in mind. I would suggest they put the TV on something smaller than a huge dresser, and add a chair. A minor housekeeping issue was a clothing tag found from a previous guest, and the ice bucket not emptied, which I mention so maybe management will tighten that up.
I really appreciated the handling of breakfast for the crowd of late risers. I've stayed many places that would just start cleaning up near closing time, regardless of how many people were there, but the staff here made sure to cheerfully replenish the food even ten minutes before it was supposed to close. I liked the generous check-in/out times and the 24 hour pool. Awesome! Pool was cold, though.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor doesn't have an ice machine, but 329 corner feature room was fine and quiet and on...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Opossums5,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Vancouver, Washington. I hope you enjoyed the concert! I am happy to hear we took good care of you while staying with us. I apologize for the few items missed by our housekeeping staff. We were trying our hardest to get rooms done early for the concert fans. We will be more careful in the future.
I am also glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast. Our new healthier options have been a big hit.
Thank you for your feedback. It helps us to stay focused on creating a clean, comfortable and friendly hotel. I hope you will visit again for the next show.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

When we booked in, the receptionist was rude. The room was very old and the breakfast was skimpy and unsatisfying. For the price, the room is not worth it. Upon departure, however, a friendly receptionist was on duty. I would not recommend this hotel for the price, and I will definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Patrick Q, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North Salmon Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear AnalieD,
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I am sorry you did not receive the warm and caring service we have become known for. I apologize. I am surprised you felt our newly renovated rooms were old. We had a full hotel renovation; completed just 7 months ago in Dec. 2013. We have new room furniture, carpet, linens, curtains, new 42" TVs, new lobby and breakfast room furniture and all new hallway carpet and curtains. We even upgraded our fitness center!
We strive to provide great guest service. Your feedback helps us to improve our shortcomings. I'm sorry we did not greet you well. I will continue to work with the staff to ensure a better experience in the future.
I hope you will give us another try on your next visit and thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel because it was decently priced. I stayed in one of the suites which had a couch and king bed. The decor was pleasant and the room was nice. The location of the couch was pretty pointless though. The tv is in front of the bed which meant you couldn't watch tv from the couch very well. The breakfast in the morning was pretty standard as far as continental goes, but it took the staff quite a while to restock food items, like eggs. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend the hotel over most of the others in the Vancouver area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mortymyth,
Thanks for staying with us during your visit to Vancouver and for your great feedback. We have altered the couch placement in a few of our suites to allow better TV viewing. Thank you for the good suggestion! Our new breakfast staff should be up to speed by now and we have implemented a few planning tools for them to anticipate our breakfast guests so we can keep our fresh and hot items stocked up. I hope you enjoyed the expanded healthy options we've added.
Thanks for the great feedback. I hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Vancouver.