“Great value. Nice hotel”

Staybridge Suites Vancouver - Portland Area
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a few different times and it's always been a good stay.
It's not a fancy hotel but it's comfortable and affordable.
If your traveling with a family and want a nice kitchen room this place can't be beat. It has one and two bedroom suites as well as studio style.
The two bedroom suites were perfect when I brought my whole family. This time I stayed in a studio and it was perfect for me as I was alone. I didn't really use the kitchen much but it was a nice option to have.
When I arrived I was asked what floor I wanted. I choose the top floor so I wouldn't hear people above me.
My first rooms air conditioner was broke and they promptly came to my room to see if they could fix it. Unfortunately they couldn't so I was given the room across the hall.
Rooms are pretty quiet for hotel style. You can hear doors shutting as people let them close loudly. I'm not sure if I had anyone next to me but if I did I didn't hear them. My room was on the traffic side of the hotel but I didn't hear it either. I'm a very light sleeper and was very impressed I didn't hear a bunch of noise.
The room was VERY clean and updated. Bed was comfortable and the couch was handy for having friends stop by.
Pool and hot tub are small but never seemed crowded even though it was 90 degrees F.
They offer dinner, beer and wine tues-thurs. Different themes on different nights. Food is pretty good. Nothing to brag about but good and hit the spot. The wine is white and red and the beer is two different draft selections. Fat Tire and I think bud light. They also have a big breakfast every morning.
They have a laundry area and it is free which is nice. Unfortunately it was really busy and whomever was using it made a huge mess in it. They did come clean it the next day and I managed to sneak in a load.
The stairwell carpet was really dirty and stained but the rest of the hotel was really clean.
They have a small basketball court by the pool and BBQs for customer use. It's walking distance to the Westfield mall.
They do allow dogs so I did hear random barking when I would walk the first floor hall. I didn't smell any dog smells though. So that was good.
I paid $114 for this room. I would definitely stay here again!!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank kellylmm

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on family vacation to Portland. Closer to PDX than one might guess. Was like a home away from home. Full kitchen, pool, spa, small gym, breakfast included, basketball court, and Sundry shop. Very comfortable stay. Very nice employees. Would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank MosiesMaMa
Reviewed 9 July 2014

It was a great stay. The hotel is a little hidden and hard to navigate to but it is easy if you have directions. Upon arrival the front desk agent- Mimi- provided great service and was very friendly! We were impressed with the evening reception and the lobby and courtyard areas were both well appointed. The outdoor pool, BBQ area, fire pit, and basketball court was all wonderful and in great condition. Our room was very large and the kitchen was well stocked and comfortable living area. Beds were very comfy and bathrooms were big. Room was very clean! The only thing we didn't enjoy was the breakfast, it could use some updating on the items served. However, great stay and we will return!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stay bridge Suites was a wonderful hotel! Rooms were large and had great little kitchens. Breakfast was tasty. Close to the amphitheater, easy on and off the freeway. My husband and I would choose this location again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reagan B
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Truly amazing place to stay! Great amenities, great rooms, great staff! Rooms are very clean. Food is wonderful. Staff very friendly and accommodating! Pool, basketball court, free laundry room, large barbeques, and large social area! Nobody better at the front desk then Mimi.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jplfan79
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely accommodations as well as a terrific staff. Would recommend to anyone who is looking to spend some time either in Vancouver, Portland or even traveling nearby attractions like the Cascade mountains or Seattle for that matter. Had a wonderful time.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris K
Reviewed 7 June 2014

So pleased with this hotel. You have to meet Mimi...best personality for a front desk I have ever felt with. We are here for six weeks and she by far makes you feel at home. The amenities are great. Food is great. Room service is amazing. I will from here on out always use Staybridge. Great experience for a hotel. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2014