“Great Thalis, idlis ”

Abhiruchi
Ranked #31 of 728 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner. Ordered okra vegetable as a thali which came with lentil soup, rice, dessert of your choice with nan. Okra was deep fried which is a drawback but otherwise the meals and dessert were excellent. We ordered mango ice cream which was also excellent. Also the location has plenty of parking.

2  Thank sangoy

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I eat here all the time. I have never been disappointed. I have eaten plenty of indian food and am so glad to finally have a great restaurant so close to home. I no longer feel like I have to drive all the way into Portland to get decent indian food. The service is excellent. The couple that own the place obviously work hard to please everyone. I really do love this place!!!

4  Thank cmr352
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have eaten at Abhiruchi a number of times now, each time for their lunch buffet, and have been consistently impressed.

The buffet is somewhat small but still offers a very nice selection of Indian dishes that all have a fresh homemade taste.

While not everything on the buffet is particularly spicy, I would recommend trying any unfamiliar items first as there are sometimes a couple of dishes that are unexpectedly hot.

The folks who run this eatery are extremely friendly and attentive as well.

1  Thank pinhead411
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The whole experience is undesirable. The atmosphere is not very inviting. It looks like something out of the 1980's and feels depressing. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't particularly great. It was just ok - feels like a cheap lunch spot for travelers. I live less than a mile from this restaurant and will drive twice the distance to Fisher's Landing for a better Indian meal.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We went for an early dinner and enjoyed our meal. My wife felt hers was a little too spicy and had not been asked when she ordered how spicy she wanted her meal. I had vindaloo and it came medium and was fine.