“Rolling grassy hills, trails, mosquitoes by the side creeks”
Review of Salmon Creek Park

Salmon Creek Park
Ranked #10 of 57 things to do in Vancouver
Reviewed 26 January 2013

The part of Salmon Creek Park I'm describing is south of Salmon Creek Rd., east of WSUV's campus, and borders Pleasant Valley Middle School on NE 50th Ave. From the school parking lot that is mostly vacant on Sundays, but really full the other six days, an asphalt trail suitable for strollers meanders on the backsides of homes down to Salmon Creek. A large gazebo with large picnic tables sits on a hill and makes a nice spot for a family picnic although a bit of a trek with dogs, toddlers, and a stroller. It was also a bit breezy the day we went, but probably nicer on a more balmy day. As the trail gets steeper, the asphalt turns to decomposed granite. The trail continues down to the main creek but some narrower, dirt trails parallel the much wider, level trail that fans out into sort of a meadow. Just know that the narrow trails that go through some much slower moving water had some hungry mosquitoes. A warning or two: probably better to walk with someone and not alone. Also someone seems to have a dog walking gig sometimes with eight or so unleashed dogs that seem well-behaved.

3  Thank AnnKirby

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We went in the evening for a late picnic dinner and Salmon Creek Park was absolutely filthy! What is wrong with people today? It seems as though people do not feel the need to pick up after themselves. There were abandoned items floating in the water...trash EVERYWHERE and no one spoke English. There is a fee to pay when entering (which we missed because of the time) however, I would have been outraged if I did have to pay...Such a disappointment...mostly in people.

4  Thank Jgunther
Reviewed 20 May 2012

There is a 6mile trail (round trip), and it's all paved. Many times we see kids riding their bikes with their families. We've seen Osprey, Hawks, Bald Eagles, Herons, Egrits, and countless other small animals and birds on the walking trail. It is beautiful year round. Lots of colors in the spring and fall.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

Nice park on a nice lake. Nice place to have a picnic with the kids or family.

Reviewed 7 June 2011

I have went swimming ay Salmon creek before and it seemed to be fine, but this last time I took my children , my daughter was swimming and when she got out of the water she had 35 huge red bumps with BLACK in the middle! I took her to the ER and FOUR DOCTORS couldnt figure out what the [...] it is. :(

15  Thank tina97203