“Good Quality Food, Good Service and Great Atmosphere”
Review of Stardust Diner

Stardust Diner
Ranked #8 of 736 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Come join us at the Stardust Diner and step back into America's Golden Age of the 40's & 50's. Experience old-fashioned service and quality. We feature simple comfort foods made from the freshest, high quality ingredients. Order our hearty breakfasts all day long, burgers, shakes & malts, and full course dinners. Our standout food and stellar service will make you feel like you're sitting down at Mom's kitchen table.
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We are traveling through the states and we have been disappointed by the quality of the food in many road side diners. We heard about this diner through the grapevine , and although it was off our trip route we decided to give it a try. Having read through other comments i know it is hard too live up to these expectations, however this diner does. With the many many choices in food outlets available at the end of the day people just want wholesome food made well, in a clean environment, delivered quickly, with a smile and at a reasonable price. The Stardust Diner gets an A on all of these. The staff obviously work hard to serve their customers, the least we can do is dine their and you never know you may also make some new friends.

1  Thank Grey2111

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I am a little shocked by the many positive reviews about this restaurant. I think it would be helpful to have demographic information from those leaving their reviews as it seems most senior citizens have an uncanny love for cheap, low quality breakfast restaurants. Just step into any Denny's or Shari's restaurant to see what I'm talking about. That being said, I did only sample two breakfast items from the menu. It is possible that I just happened to order the two worst possible items they offer. I was surprised that my omelet was made with what appeared to be egg beaters and not real eggs. Even McDonalds uses real eggs these days. I mean... Really? The food was of very low quality and taste. I wish I had gone to McDonald's for an egg mcmuffin instead. My business colleague and I met for antler breakfast at Elmer's a few weeks later and were very pleased with the much higher quality meal that was offered.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I could eat breakfast here every day, or all day. Lots of food, cooked the way I liked it. The eggs over medium were cooked just right. The wait staff was young ,clean-cut, college types and very attentive. The restaurant done in a 50s diner style. The bacon and sausage were way better than the usual stuff you see at the "famous" breakfast chains. And, the prices were reasonable.

1  Thank harrison9161
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stopped here when looking for a breakfast place one day. There were not many people there. We were pleasantly surprised with the nice friendly, cheerful staff. The breakfast was cooked exactly the way we wanted. What a shock! No runny white in my eggs. And the bacon was thick and perfect. Not the usual thin wimpy bacon encountered at most breakfast places. The sourdough toast was actually warm, and well buttered. An A+ to the cook! And a nice pleasant clean atmosphere to boot!
Can't think of a better meal to start off the day!

1  Thank GirlyCat
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Just passing through town we hit this diner, and it was very cute. The staff was very friendly and the service was quick. They have interesting daily specials, and i had the salmon with rice and vegetables. It was good. My husband had a delux salad with grilled chicken and it looked great. (He said it was very good). I would go again if I was in the area. The tables along the windows had jukeboxes which is always a fun touch. I wouldn't say it was THE best diner I've ever been too, but it was cute, and the food was good. It was very crowded when we left, which to me is always a good sign! I say GO!

1  Thank Cin4513