“Where is Guy Fieri when you need him??”

Carols' Corner Cafe
Ranked #54 of 705 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dalton, Georgia
“Where is Guy Fieri when you need him??”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

First off, I'm a breakfast guy and this place is the bomba de BOMBAS when it comes to breakfast. I mean 200 megatons!! And that's about how much the plate weighs when the set it down in front of you all steamy and oozing with flavor and fragrance! The presentation is enough to intimidate the heartiest of breakie aficionados! This is the kind of place that truck drivers dream of. For those of you who are fans of corned beef hash, search no more. This joint is Hash Nirvana. Biscuits would float off your plate were it not for the mountain of creamy, from scratch gravy. Hash browns are similarly dispensed and the pancakes are only just slightly smaller than the average man-hole cover. The really good news is that no matter what you order, it'll be criminally delicious and its quantity and quality will demand you take it home for later or the next day. If you are needing an electric chair, last meal and are anywhere west of Bangor, Maine, this is the top of the list.

Vancouver, Washington
“My coffee cup is never empty”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Back to old fashioned service. Great food, huge truckstop portions and amazing sausage gravy. Not an organic cafe so if you want that go to Portland. We come here often, the staff are super friendly, the place is quick to serve hot yummy food and our drink glasses stay full. Highly recommended.

Vancouver, Washington
“It's that old breakfast diner to the extreme...”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Carol's is exactly what you would (or at least should) expect when you pass an apparently old building with a phrase like "country cafe" in the name - only moreso.

Carol's is a relatively small building with a big parking lot - which is usually full during breakfast hours. When you walk in, you are greeted by a somewhat noisy diner atmosphere in a building that needs paint, signs that have probably been up for years, and other items that remind you of a truck stop style diner from 40 years ago. When you see that and "busy" together, you normally know there's going to be good food and a LOT of it, and Carol's doesn't disappoint in either category.

The standard order of French Toast I had was the only item that at all seemed "normal" in size. My wife's omelette could easily have fed 3 people, and my daughter's single pancake (their notion of 8" is a bit larger than a tap measure would likely have put it) could have fed two average adult eaters. All the food was very tasty.

If you go, bring your appetite for both the current meal and your next one. You can split a meal for a $1 add-on charge. If you don't, and you plan to finish everything they serve you while there, you may want to pay heed to the rule on the menu: "Two hour limit per table" - it may take that long to eat all of it...

Redmond, Washington
“Crazy Big Portions”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stopped at Carol's Corner Café just passing through the area. We were hungry and not in the mood for typical fast food. We found it through the tripadvisor app trusting the great reviews. The parking lot was packed and the people were still rolling in. This isn't the prettiest of places, so don't bother if you are looking for ambiance. But the customers were all happy and the staff were very friendly. I tend to eat smaller portions so I ordered the half biscuits and gravy with hash browns. My husband ordered a grilled sandwich a side of tater tots. When the waitress brought our food she apologized for the lack of tater tots in the basket and we laughed because to us there were plenty! Not only were there plenty but my "half" order of food was enough to feed a family of four! The biscuit was huge and was more like a cake covered in peppery gravy. The food was good but keep in mind that the portions are huge and the food is greasy and heavy.

• Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“The Columbian (paper) judged carol's Corner Cafe as the best Breakfast Restaurant in Clark County”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I am retired so I try to go out at least once a week to Carol's. The food is always excellent!! My favorite is the Carol's Corner Hash(?) 1/2 order. It consists of Hash Browns, Ham. Green Peppers & Tomato slice topped with white gravy ( Beef Gravy is also available). Even when the gravy sometimes creeps over the edge of the plate, I really enjoy each bite full. I order a 1/2 portion and always take home a equal amount for breakfast the next day. Mos of the workers know what I want when I walk in the door and serve me the coffee and a glass of water. When my son comes home, he always wants to go to Carol's. He likes and can finish the 1/2 order of Omelet. The restaurant is always clean, great servers food that is hot. I don't mind waiting even in the rain because being born here I have my Webfeet.

• Visited July 2013