“Nice Selection and Good Service”
Review of Cactus Ya Ya

Cactus Ya Ya
Ranked #172 of 728 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This local spot has a nice selection of dinner and light snack items.
Even though it's not a "burger" spot per se, I was pleasantly surprised at just how good their burgers are.
We've tried Cacrus Ya Ya a few times now so we've had a chance to sample a nice cross section of their appetizers and light menu items and so far everything has been very good.
Ad to that the fact that their servers all seem to be friendly and prompt with their service and this is a very good choice.

1  Thank pinhead411

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Not too impressed with this place, dingy, loud and dated. People must just go for happy hour cuz there was a 10 min wait to be seated in the bar which was a first for me. Grilled fish taco was unflavored and chili releno has lots of sauce and egg. Prob wont go back. Sorry..

1  Thank berrycb
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We were going to go to a mexican place instead but my friend said her sister in law said that she loved this place so we thought what the heck let's give it a try. The service was awful. The happy hour menu was slim to nothing and the food was bland and tasteless. Everytime we wanted a refill on our soda's our waitress was no where to be found. I could also see other tables looking around for a waitress or looking for anyone to help. We were very dissapointed and you won't be seeing us again at this establishment. Also, the bar is suuuper small and the chairs were not comfortable at alll.

2  Thank saraSMASH
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I came here with my three children for dinner on a Friday night. We are from Texas and a bit spoiled when it comes to Mexican food. We were seated and the hostess provided us with drinks. About 25 minutes later, our unapologetic and apathetic waiter appeared and took our food orders. All I can say is worst food ever. Disgusting. I will summarize our food experience with a brief description of my daughters shrimp quesadilla. Cheap tortillas with velveeta type chess with shrimp that tasted like it was from a frozen store bought package that had been in the freezer three months too long. Terrible. I would rather just not eat than return.

2  Thank joshuaelee
Reviewed 23 October 2013

There is nothing in Vancouver quite like Cactus. They have a great Tex-Mex menu and the Ya Ya Rolls are divine. Excellent food and great service!

1  Thank Bryndl R