“Ole' !”

Jorge's Tequila Factory
Ranked #42 of 724 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 July 2014

On the corner of Washingon and 10th downtown Vancouver you'll find Jorge's. Hopefully you'll also find parking on the street like I did. I met a friend here for Happy Hour which ends at 6pm during the week, but it's all day happy hour on Sunday. We sat at the bar inside, but there is also a few tables outside on the sidewalk and plenty of tables inside to accomodate a few people or a family. We ordered from the happy hour menu 2 tacos for $6 and a meat quesadilla for $5 and of course we had a margarita $4.25. The servers were very helpful and attentive. Everything was good and we vowed to be back soon. We think it is a winner!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The food is similar to what you'll get at any non-authentic Mexican restaurant. Sort of like Who Song's or Mazatlan. I like that myself and the portions are large. The menu has a wide variety to choose from so everyone should be able to be satisfied. There does seem to be a little disorganization with the wait-staff. We had three or four other people besides our server stop by and ask us if we wanted to order drinks or needed anything. At first blush this isn't a bad thing but it would explain why our sever was a bit slow with bringing that second basket of chips or drinks. Was she getting things for other tables not in her area? We weren't in a big rush and didn't mind but I wonder if they weren't literally falling over each other to help everyone and just focused on their own sections, if there wouldn't be less comments about slow service. All in all though, we really enjoyed our meal and the time we had there.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stopped by for lunch before a business meeting. The service was great but the food was only okay. The salsa had too much cilantro for my taste (you either love the stuff or hate it) and it was not very spicy. I had the chile relleno with rice and refried beans. The relleno was good but again not very spicy. Rice and beans were fine but nothing special.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Thrilled that downtown Vancouver is getting more restaurants and Jorges is a fun place to meet up, but the best thing was the atmosphere. Food is mediocre at best and a bit pricey. Crowded which was fine if the food was worth the wait.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

It's nice to have another choice for Mexican food near downtown Vancouver. Very busy and loud when we came in. Seems more like a sports bar, with televisions and the bar is in the same location as the dining tables. I shared chicken fajitas with my husband. Plenty for both. Food came quickly by friendly servers. Even met the owner who was waiting tables as well. Nice location.