“Close to it all and comfortable”

Hilton Vancouver Washington
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Easy freeway access, 10 minutes to Portland, and not too crowded. We had a great stay over the 4th of July. Customer service was excellent. Rooms are good sized, very clean as well as the rest of the hotel. Perfect spot to watch the fireworks not only from Port Vancouver, but everywhere up and down the river. Definately will stay here again.

Only 2 very small con's-no breakfast and double beds not queens.

Room Tip: If you visit for the 4th, get a room on the fifth floor or higher and in the odd numbered teens, li...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BoiseID999
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

I am glad to hear you had a great stay over the July 4th holiday and were able to see the fireworks at Fort Vancouver from your guest room.

Please know that we do offer guest room packages that include breakfast served in our hotel restaurant, Gray’s at the Park.

Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Vancouver, WA is our new favorite place to visit as it has a small town feel. This Hilton is directly across the street from a park where unknown to us was a music festival / wine tasting the night we visited... we just walked across the street. The next morning one block over was a farmers market. Also one block south was a tea shop with lots of different teas and tea related gifts.
We also took off on a walk along the Columbia river coming back through the Fort Vancouver National Historic Site.... We only got in the car when it was time to leave.

Room Tip: Upper floor may get you a view of the park or a view of the river.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for the feedback. There are plenty of activities in downtown Vancouver Washington during the summer including our summer concert series, outdoor movies and our wonderful farmer’s market.

Thank you for choosing Hilton and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2012

My husband had a state-wide fraternal meeting in Vancouver. When I found out it was at the Hilton I was eager to join him for a mini-vacation. From the moment we arrived, we were treated in a friendly manner by the staff. When I asked directions at the front desk to Joe's Crab Shack, the clerk gave me a discount coupon as well as excellent directions! With the Esther Short park right across the street, I enjoyed a quick walk to the rose garden and Saturday open air Market. The room was clean and the decor had a Northwest flavor. The pool and jacuzzi are in an airy indoor area with large windows to catch the sun. The food was extraordinary for all of our banquets! I also have to admit we indulged in room service which was reasonably priced and very quick. But when you are at the Hilton, the name makes you want to pamper yourself in luxury!

Room Tip: You may receive an e-mail for a possible upgrade deal for a park view room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank SashaStorm
Hotel_Manager_98188, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. Our team works very hard to deliver exceptional service each day!

We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Vancouver Washington.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

We recently came to town to visit family and decided to stay at the Hilton for 3 nights. We found an excellent rate that included self parking (normally $14) and internet in the room rate and feel that we got an excellent value for that rate.

They gave us a corner room on the top floor that overlooked the Columbia river and parts of downtown Vancouver. There were two large windows in the room (because it was on the corner) which really opened up the space. The ceilings were also higher than the typical hotel room, but this may have been because we were on the top floor (this was my first time staying here). The room was very comfortable and clean and the beds were soft. My only complaint would have to be that the hotel only offers two double beds or one king. I would have been much happier with two queens; two adults have a hard time fitting in a small double bed comfortably.

On one of the nights we came back very late, past midnight, and the small parking lot they have under the hotel was full. Just as I was about to go out and find parking on the street the the valet attendant found me and parked our car for no additional charge.

Some people have made comments about the trains that come and go during all hours of the night. This is true, it woke me up one time on the first night, but not on the subsequent two nights.

All in all, I would stay here again but only when our traveling party would work with one King sized bed. Two doubles is just too small for two adults and a 12 year old child.

Pro: Clean room, friendly service, great views
Con: May have to pay for parking (very uncommon in Vancouver, WA), if you are a light sleeper the train may wake you up during the night and no option for 2 Queen beds.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank raeriva
Reviewed 24 May 2012

First, let me say that the staff was very friendly, courteous, & informative. The rooms were comfortable, if a bit on the smallish side.

We were traveling back to N. WA from CA & this was just an overnight stop. We booked this hotel as they are the parent company of the more "budget minded" hotel we'd stayed at the night before (not available in this city). I booked the reservation from the car & perhaps I overlooked the fine print on my tiny phone screen. Know that there is a $14 fee for self parking ($19 for valet). And $7 per device for Internet connectivity? Who doesn't offer free wi-fi these days? (build it into your room rate if you must, but don't insult me by charging for it).

I found the room to be smallish (compared to their other brand hotel), noisy, & dirty. I will admit that I am picky about housekeeping, but.... 1. The table coming out of the elevator on the 4th floor had a thick layer of dust (very visible with the sunlight shining through the window). 2. I counted 10 dark stains on the carpet + 2 dark red blotches (wine spills). 3. The shower rod, one side was installed askew. 4. Someone had not tightened the glass on the washroom lights when they last changed the bulb, so they were all crooked (& dusty, so it had been this way for a bit). 5. The vent in the washroom had at least 1/4" dust (& mold?) accumulation visible inside. Everything about the housekeeping of this hotel showed a lack of attention to detail.

I also found the room very noisy. Trucks below in the morning, the ice machine (several doors down) in the late evening, could hear eveery conversation in the hallway, freeway noise, & this hotel is in one of the approach patterns to Portland airport...much plane noise. Perhaps the side facing the park is a bit quieter, but what can be done about an airplane?

Overall, I was disappointed. Having just stayed at one of their "budget" hotels (free parking, Internet & breakfast) the night before, I expected at least that level of service/amenity. Next time I would look for the other hotel brand, even if it were 10 miles out of the way.

Room Tip: Room facing the park may minimise the noise. The attached restaurant, while spendy, was very good.
3  Thank pebbleinmyshoe
Hotel_Manager_98188, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the housekeeping and maintenance issues and I will have our staff address the items you noted right away. I also apologize for the noise issues. We usually do not hear anything from Portland's airport unless the flight pattern is temporarily altered. Regarding pricing, we do offer packages that have amenities included at a substantial discount compared to purchasing them individually. We do value your feedback and hope you consider our location again for future trips.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

We loved the price and the service! Very clean, spacy and great place to stay. We walked around everything was only minutes from this hotel! Highly recommended to stay here:)

2  Thank Starsha B

Thank you very much for the positive feedback!

Reviewed 22 May 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times and,this time as with the other times, we hated to leave It is an extremely comfortable hotel where every room is bigger than a typical hotel room--they are 3-4 feet wider for the length of the room. There is plenty of space to place suitcases and lots of drawers so one doesn't need to live out of the suitcase. The wall of window affords beautiful views of the gorgeous, huge trees in the park and has a section that opens for fresh air. One downside for some, which doesn't bother us, is the train tracks are very close to the hotel. One cannot escape the warning whistles for the crossings. We notice them the first night, but accommodated.
There is valet or easy self parking in the basement garage though there is a charge.

The bar and restaurant are good with lots of choice although this last time, we ordered mac and cheese for a light meal one night that was a real miss.

The hotel is close to the walking land bridge to Fort Vancouver, within easy driving distance of restaurants along the river, and is just across the bridge from Portland International Raceway (our reason for going to Vancouver). We like the feel of this town.

Room Tip: The view of the park is a delight.
1  Thank ontheroad4now
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland
#2 of 29 in Vancouver
Hampton Inn & Suites Portland / Vancouver
Red Lion Hotel on the River
Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach

Been to Hilton Vancouver Washington? Share your experiences!