“Valentines day at the Hilton, Vancouver, WA”

Hilton Vancouver Washington
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Valentines day at the Hilton, Vancouver, WA”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Hotel in Vancouver, WA for a romantic get a way on Valentine's day. We had a great time. Our room was very nice with a view of the park. We had coffee in the lobby, dinner at Gray's, took a walk along the river, and explored downtown. All without having to get in a car. The service was very attentive and welcoming.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Al R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I choose this location based on it's close location to the train station by cab. To my surprise the Red Lion was just down the road on Columbia.

I really like this place. My accessible room was very comfy and large, the bathroom had a great roll in shower with a drain in the floor outside the shower, wow progress. The bed was great and the sheets the softest of any during my trip. I had breakfast in my room which was delivered hot and tasty. I had a room that overlooked the park across the street. Starbucks is across the park.

There are a number of restaurants on Columbia Dr along the river. We ate at Who Song and Larry's a Mexican cantina that has been around for 20 years.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
HLT_Vancouver, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Washington, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend your birthday with us! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back soon. Thanks for choosing the Hilton Vancouver Washington!
Birch Bay, Washington
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We just completed a leisurely overnight stay at this property and would happily return anytime.

The hotel itself sits on the edge of a park in a very walkable area.

The front desk employees were welcoming and efficient. Our room was a fairly typical Hilton room, which was quite adequate for us.

We ate a light dinner in the bar and the following morning ate breakfast in the restaurant. The prices aren't cheap but the food was of good quality and the service both times was both efficient and exceptionally friendly. Since we are Hilton Diamonds, we received a breakfast credit for $8 each which brought our check down to Denny's prices.

We happened to be in the midst of a short excursion on Amtrak, and strolled to and from the station in 15 minutes or so. It's overall a very pleasing property with friendly employees and we'll have no hesitation in returning.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Btown wa
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Just a short ride from the train station, the Hilton is conveniently located to numerous pubs and eating establishments in downtown Vancouver. A couple blocks away is Tommy O's Aloha restaurant which has an amazing happy hour - fish cakes, edamame, a caesar salad and a mai tai was a mere $13.00. And, depending on when you arrive, the local cinema has $5.00 movies on Tuesday for recent releases.

The room is spacious and there is plenty of room to spread out on the desk and in the bathroom. The desk lamp has two outlets for charging my computer and phone without having to crawl around the floor - always a nice touch. Bed and pillows are comfy.

What I would have liked - bottled water in the room and a robe. And, a heater that's not quite so loud.

All in all, though, it's a comfortable stay. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
DeSoto, Texas
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Hilton Vancouver is always a great stay. I have stayed here many times over the past year and I have never had a bad experience. The staff is professional and courteous. The service is top notch. The restaurant is great.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for the positive feedback and your continued business! We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next trip to Vancouver WA.
Redlands, California
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I stayed here for a work function...our company held a roadshow here and I stayed here because of that. When I got to the hotel, they had my room ready (at 10:30 AM) so I could check in and drop my bags off before I went to the meeting. The staff was very accomodating.

The meeting went great, but the real lovely part was honestly the staff's friendliness. Emmanuel (The BellHop) went out of his way to make our life really easy here. Chrissy (Front Desk) made sure my shuttle was booked and ready to go and when I saw her the next day, she remembered me and my room number and double confirmed my shuttle without me prompting her.

The facility is nice. The rooms aren't the best but they were doable. The food is spectacular although I wish they had more vegetarian options, but it was still good. They don't have free wifi in the rooms, but in the resturant and lobby they do.

I would stay here again if I find myself in Vancouver. Mostly because of the staff.

Lihue, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Great staff, beautiful location, just an excellent hotel! I stay here every year for a business function for atleast four days and it's always wonderful to be back. The staff does an awesome job preparing all the meeting rooms, meals, and events.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland
Heathman Lodge
Heathman Lodge
#2 of 29 in Vancouver
Hampton Inn & Suites Portland / Vancouver
Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver
Best Western Plus Vancouver Mall Dr. Hotel & Suites
Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach

Been to Hilton Vancouver Washington? Share your experiences!