“Comfort, quality and value in the Portland/Vancouver area.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Vancouver Washington
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, United States
“Comfort, quality and value in the Portland/Vancouver area.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location adjacent to a beautiful city park. The rooms are clean, comfortable and very well-appointed with flat screen HD TV, coffee maker, Wi-Fi, very comfortable bed and high-quality bedding. The restaurant, Gray's, is first-class and makes for outstanding in-room dining. The staff is friendly, professional and efficient. the city's convention center is on-site and easily accessible from the lobby. I paid $99 for my room on the weekend and felt very good about the value. I heartily recommend this hotel for business or leisure in the Portland.Vancouver area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HLT_Vancouver, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Washington, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for the nice comments and terrific review of our hotel! I am delighted that your stay was so enjoyable and that you had a chance to eat at Gray's at the Park. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your return visit. Until then, safe travels!

Eric Walters, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Everything was fantastic, I will definitely stay again when I travel back to the region. The room was wonderful, the staff was awesome and the location was perfectly located in a place where you could get around very easily.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the kind comments about our staff and property! We look forward to having you back and wish you very safe travels until then.

Eric Walters, General Manager
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Excellent accommodations. Would stay in Hilton again anytime I am in Vancouver, Washington. The beds are very comfortable, the food in the restaurant is 4 star. The presentation of the food and the flavor of the food is outstanding. I would choose this restaurant even if I was staying in another Vancouver location. The hotel is close to the freeway to Seattle and Portland with easy access to both north or south directionsl

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Hilton in Vancouver is staffed with wonderful friendly helpful and knowledgeable staff. The location is beautiful and it has free self parking in the garage. We held our meetings there because we are a labor organization and they are a union hotel. The service there was truly well done.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Olympia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for an annual conference for the last 3 years and each year I have been deeply impressed with the hotel staff and my experience staying here. I have always felt welcome, comfortable and satisfied.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HLT_Vancouver, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Washington, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for such a great review and for your thorough, detailed feedback about your stay. I will be sure to share your kind comments with all of my team and appreciate that you took the time to let us know about your visit. Have a wonderful summer and very safe travels!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I spent the weekend with a very large group of homeschooling families (nearly 700 people) who gather every year for 4 nights in Vancouver to connect, play games, make crafts, have a talent show, play in the park, have a prom, and for the kids to sell their crafts, art, and homemade goodies to one another. This year, we even had a flash mob in the park. We have been coming to the Hilton for several of those years. My general comments are that the rooms were very clean, the beds were super comfortable, the conference rooms were great, and the pool was wonderful and warm. The location is perfect, with a beautiful park across the street that has a wading pool/splash area and playground, and many fun little shops and restaurants within walking distance.

But my main goal in this review is to thank the management and staff for being so very wonderful to our group. From creating a specific, kid-centered menu at their restaurant to playing games with and talking to the kids, to one person buying a group of kids french fries with his own money, to helping people find luggage trolleys and extra supplies, to just being generally welcoming, fun, and relaxed, the staff makes our time there exceptionally smooth and enjoyable. Christian, Leesa, Yauncey, Nathan, Brianna, Holly, Chrissy, David, Sterling, Josh, Al, Stu, Steven, Robin, and probably many others, including the restaurant staff, went the extra mile, or maybe even 10 miles, to engage with us and our kids.

One of the parents said, "I got into the elevator early one morning and a staff member was cleaning the mirror. I said to him 'Are we driving you crazy yet?' . He told me that he'd worked every [time we've been there] and it totally mellowed him out. Also kudos to our awesome maid, I think her name was Vera." The kids were so taken with the staff that they did everything from bringing them cupcakes to singing them songs to making them a thank-you poster. I would say that many of the staff members became part of our big family.

There is another review here that warns people not to book a group at this Hilton because their party was shut down early and because we were there. It's true that our kids wandered the halls. They are generally polite kids and there are a lot of them, so yes, they were visible to the public. And they walked around outside. We did not keep them locked in their rooms. One of two might even have offered someone they didn't know the chance to buy one of their crafts. But I must say that they weren't drunk. They didn't smoke in the stairwell. They didn't make a staff person cry with their rudeness so that two of our members felt moved to comfort and support her. And none of our events were shut down due to noisiness and obnoxiousness. The Hilton is an AWESOME place to book a group, as long as you don't do any of the things above. I was very impressed with just how wonderful a place this Hilton is for group events, as long as you are as warm, kind, and respectful to them as they are to you.

Room Tip: The view toward the park was the best.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RottHound
Thank you for the outstanding feedback and very kind comments about our property and staff! Our team works very hard to make sure all of our guest experience exceptional service during their stay so we appreciate the acknowledgement. Have a wonderful summer and very safe travels!

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The best part of our 4 night stay was the friendly, accommodating staff. A hotel is a hotel is a hotel to me, but this staff was above and beyond! It's the way the staff makes us feel that make the stay noteworthy! We will be back again soon!

Green Features: Environmentally sustainable practices, with towel and bed changes only when needed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review and nice comments about our staff! I'm delighted that we delivered such an exceptional experience for you and look forward to your return. I will be sure to share your sentiments with my team. Have a terrific summer and very safe travels!

Eric Walters,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
Heathman Lodge
Heathman Lodge
#2 of 29 in Vancouver
Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland
Hampton Inn & Suites Portland / Vancouver
Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver
Best Western Plus Vancouver Mall Dr. Hotel & Suites
Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach

Been to Hilton Vancouver Washington? Share your experiences!